Making Things Hard

It's Love

The following morning -

Luhan woke up with a smile. He remembered what happened at the hospital the previous night. Sehun has finally accepted me as his friend. He was too immersed in his thoughts until he didn't realise that he was giggling.

"Please stop smiling to yourself. It's scary, you know." Baekhyun said as he poured himself a glass of water. Luhan snapped out of his deep thoughts and looked at Baekhyun. "I'm just feeling happy, okay. There's nothing wrong with being happy." Luhan said and he sat up. "It's good that Sehun has accepted you as his friend." Baekhyun said. "Well, Chanyeol has accepted you as his friend too, hasn't he? Shouldn't you be feeling happy too?" Luhan asked.

"There is a difference between you and me. First, it's obvious that you have a thing for Sehun. Second, I don't have a thing for Chanyeol, so I don't feel so happy unlike you." Baekhyun said as he put his glass of water on the table. "I-I don't have a thing for Sehun! It's just that I really want to be his friend and I've finally became one!" Luhan stuttered and he threw his pillow at Baekhyun, who managed to catch it before it landed on his face.

"Don't you like Chanyeol?" Luhan asked. "No." Baekhyun answered with a simple answer. "Even after you guys kissed?  Didn't you feel anything after that?" Luhan asked curiously. That incident played on Baekhyun's mind. I kissed him back, didn't I?..

"Yoo hoo! Earth to my darling friend!" Baekhyun snapped out of his thoughts and found Luhan waving his hands at his face. "I'm going to wash up." Baekhyun said and headed to the toilet. I need to clear my mind.

 

 

"Yah Luhan! We're going to be late! Faster!" Baekhyun shouted as he put on his shoes. "You're annoying! Let me comb my hair in peace." Luhan said as he combed his hair carefully. "I shall leave first. See you later, Sehun's friend." Baekhyun teased as he opened the door. Luhan blushed at the nickname.

Baekhyun was waiting for the lift to arrive when he saw Chanyeol walking towards his direction. Chanyeol's fringe was all gelled up and he look charming. Baekhyun himself admiring the handsome boy who was getting closer to him.

Chanyeol gave a weak smile as he waited for the lift to arrive. "Y-you look h-handsome today." Baekhyun blurted out. Oh what did I just say. "Umm... Thanks." Chanyeol smiled brightly. That compliment made his day. They waited in awkward silence for the lift to arrive.

10. 9. 8. 7-OUT OF ORDER

"Are you serious?!" Baekhyun exclaimed. The other lift was already out of order and now the only lift that was working has broken down. "Come on. Let's walk down the stairs. It'll be a good morning exercise." Chanyeol smiled and he started to walked to wards the staircase.

Both of them were climbing down the stairs in silence. It was boring and Baekhyun wondered why Chanyeol didn't talk much like usual. Did I do something bad?

"Ouch!" Baekhyun shrieked in pain. He accidentally missed a step and sprained his ankle. Chanyeol caught him before he could fall down. "You okay?" Chanyeol asked with is deep voice.  Baekhyun could feel his hot breath on his face as their faces were close. "I-It hurts..." Baekhyun managed to give an answer. "Can you walk?" Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun shook his head cutely.

"I'll carry you back to your dorm." Chanyeol said. "B-But you'll be l-late for school if y-you carry me back..." Baekhyun stuttered and he had no idea why. Damn it Baek. Why are you stuttering! "It's okay. I'll give school a miss and accompany you." Chanyeol smiled. This is going to make me fall for you even deeper...

"Y-you don't have t-to..." Baekhyun said. "I insist. You're my friend and I worry about you. Come on." Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun's waist and carried him in his arms. Baekhyun was surprised. He thought Chanyeol would piggyback him, not carry him like bridal style. "Hold on to me." Chanyeol said and Baekhyun wrapped his arms around Chanyeol's neck. He felt like a girl.

He rested his head on Chanyeol's shoulder. Damn it Baek. Please stop making it harder for me. "Chanyeol?" Baekhyun called out softly. "Hmm?" Chanyeol replied as he walked up the stairs. "Are you angry with me or something?"  Baekhyun asked as he looked up to face Chanyeol. Their eyes met and it lasted for a few seconds. "N-no I'm not. Why would I be?" Chanyeol looked away. "Because... You didn't talk much today. Did something happen last night?" Baekhyun asked with concern.

Yes. You. You happened. "Nothing. Nothing happened."

 

 

Luhan was sitting in class with his elbow on the table and his chin on his palm. He sighed. He missed having Sehun sitting beside him. His phone vibrated.

Lu. I sprained my ankle. I'll be missing school today. Chanyeol is keeping me company.

"Like I'm not lonely enough." Luhan muttered to himself.

"Okay class." Mrs Kim said as she entered the classroom. "We have a new student. Please welcome him."

A tall, dark-skin guy entered the class. "Hi. I'm Kim Jongin. Nice to meet you."