First Day

It's Love

"So Baek, are you gonna join singing club again?" Luhan asked as the both of them walked along the hallway. It was their first year in SM High. They had just graduated from junior high and decided to pursue their studies in the same high school as they were best friends. "I don't know... I've been singing since junior high and I feel like having a change." Baekhyun answered. "What about you? dance club again?" Baekhyun asked. "Well... Like you, I kinda feel like changing." Luhan answered. "Baekhyun snapped his fingers. :Maybe both of us should join Drama Club!" Baekhyun beamed.

 

"Drama club? Since when have you been interested in acting? Can you even act?" Luhan teased. "Hey I can act okay." Baekhyun pouted. Luan giggled. "Okay okay. Fine. Let's join drama club." Luhan said as he slung his hand over Baekhyun's shoulder. Baekhyun had a silly smile on his face.

 

"You're not gonna join drama club, are you?" Sehun asked his cousin with his right eyebrow raised. They were on their way to their classroom. "What? No. Of course not." Chanyeol replied in a high pitch voice. "Yeah you're definitely gonna join drama club alright. Your voice tends to go high pitch when you lie." Sehun said as he folded his rms. "Okay fine. Yes I am." Chanyeol said. "Oh come on, Yeol. You've been acting since young. It's time for you to have a change." Sehun whined. "Unlike you, I can't dance, nor sing. Besides joining drama club, I can't think of other clubs that I can join." Chanyeol said.

 

"Dude, you can rap." Sehun said. "Yeah, there's a rap club here alright." Chanyeol said sarcastically. "Okay fine. But I won't join you. I'm sticking to my forte too." Sehun said.

 

Everyone has sat down at the seats they have chosen at their own will. Luhan was sitting with Baekhyun and Chanyeol was sitting with Sehun.

The bell rang and their teacher came in. "Good morning class. I'm your form teacher, Mr Kim." Their teacher introduced himself formally. "Now, all of you have to sit according to my seating arrangement." Mr Kim announced. Everyone whined.

 

"For the boys,

 

Jonghwan and Rockhyun.

Minwoo and Kwangmin.

Seunghyun and Jaejin.

Daehyun and Youngjae.

Chunji and Byunghyun.

Sungjae and Eunkwang.

Taemin and Minho.

Baekho and Ren.

Luhan and Sehun.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol."

 

All the guys looked around to see if they can identify their seating partner.

 

"As for the girls

 

Naeun and Bomi.

Soojung and Jinri.

Jimin and Choa.

Sohyun and Hyuna.

Hyunyoung and Jisook."

 

It was the girls turn to look around.

 

"Okay class. Now move it. Sit according to the arrangement. Ask around for their names." Mr Kim said. "Aww man. I wanna sit with you, Lu." Baekhyun said sadly. Luhan sighed. "Baekhyun!" Chanyeol shouted in his deep voice. Everyone looked at him, including Baekhyun. "Yes I'm here." Baekhyun said softly but was loud enough for Chanyeol to hear.

 

"Come and sit here!" Chanyeol said as he pointed to their seats. Baekhyun walked to their seats reluctantly and sat down. "Don't worry. I don't eat people, but if I dislike you, good luck." Chanyeol whispered.

 

Sehun was still looking around for Luhan. "Umm... Are you Sehun?" Luhan asked softly. Sehun turned around and saw Luhan looking at him. "Are you a Chinese?" Sehun asked, hoping that Luhan's answer would be a no. "Yes I am." Luhan smiled. Sehun's face turned sour. Both of them sat down.

 

"Now I would like all of you to introduce yourselves." Mr Kim said. It started with Seunghyun and it went down the row. Soon. it was Baekhyun's turn. He stood up. "My name is Byun Baekhyun. I like to sing. Nice to meet all of you." Baekhyun introduced himself and bowed politely. "How about singing a few lines for us, Baekhyun?" Mr Kim smiled. Baekhyun smiled. He started singing a few lines of Baby Don't Cry. Everyone looked at him in amazement.

 

"Baekhyun, you have a very melodious voice." Mr Kim complimented. Everyone clapped their hands except Chanyeol. "Thank you." Baekhyun smiled and sat down. It was Chanyeol's turn. He stood up. "My name is Park Chanyeol. Unlike the boy beside me, I can't sing." Chanyeol said with a tint of jealousy and sat down. "I think I'm starting to hate you already." Chanyeol said with his deep voice that made him sound even scarier. "What did I do?...." Baekhyun said softly to himself.

 

"I'm Luhan. I was born in China but grew up in Korea. I like to dance and I can sing." Luhan smiled and sat down. "I'm Oh Sehun. Dancing is my forte." Sehun said and sat down. "Wow. Both of you have something in common. It's a good idea to pair both of you up." Mr Kim smiled.

 

 

 

School has finally ended. "Lu, I wanna sign up for the drama club. Let's go." Baekhyun said. "You sure you wanna join drama club and not singing club?" Luhan asked. "Yes. I've decided to switch. Let's go!" Baekhyun exclaimed as he ran out of the classroom while dragging Luhan with him.

 

"I hate that Baekhyun." Chanyeol said. "Why? He looks fine to me. Well at least he's better than my partner, who's a Chinese." Sehun said. "He showed off his voice! Stupid . So what if he has a nice voice." Chanyeol said in anger. "You're just jealous that he has a nice voice and you don't." Sehun teased. "Shut up. You're not any better. You started hating Chinese people you had a Chinese girlfriend before and she dumped you for another guy." Chanyeol said.

 

 "Come on. I wanna sign up for drama club before it's full." Chanyeol said. "Hey... I think... I wanna join too." Sehun said. Chanyeol burst out laughing. "You? Acting? Nah. Just stick to dancing, my dear cousin." Chanyeol said. "What is that supposed to mean? Who knows I can act better than you." Sehun pouted. "Okay okay. Come on let's go."

 

 

"Byun Baekhyun?!" Chanyeol exclaimed as he saw Baekhyun's name on the Drama Club notice board. Sehun laughed. "Looks like you're stuck with him, Yeol." Sehun said. "Why did he even joined Drama Club? Shouldn't he join Singing Club instead since he likes to sing?" Chanyeol wondered. "Hey Luhan joined too." Sehun said when he saw Luhan's name. "Why are they so weird. Not joining the club that suits their talent." Sehun wondered. "But at least he isn't in the same club as me! Oh yeah!" Sehun beamed. "Uhh whatever." Chanyeol said as he wrote down his name on the notice board. "Come on. Let's go grab a drink.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Later that night-

 

 

Baekhyun was all alone in the dorm as Luhan has went out to jog at the park nearby. "I'm so bored..." Baekhyun sighed. He took his song book and flipped to one of the pages.

 

"Baby don't cry tonight~
Eodumi geotigo namyeon~"

 

Baekhyun started singing.

 

"Baby don’t cry tonight~
Eobseotdeon iri dwelgeoya~"

 

His voice was quite loud as the corridor was very quiet.

 

Mulgeopumi dweneun geseun niga aniya, kkeutnae mollaya haetdeon!

So Baby don’t cry! Cry!
Nae sarangi neol jikilteni"

 

Baekhyun smiled. He has completed the chorus of the song. He closed  his book and put it beside him.

 

"Yah! Your voice ! Stop singing! You're disturbing other people!" The door flew opened and an angry Chanyeol entered the room. Baekhyun was feeling shocked and afraid. He didn't know what to do.

 

Chanyeol saw Baekhyun's song book and grabbed it. "A song book huh?" Chanyeol said as he flipped through the pages. It was filled with lyrics of the songs Baekhyun has composed. At first, Chanyeol was jealous of Baekhyun's voice. Now, he's jealous that Baekhyun has composed many songs despite his inability to play any musical instrument.

 

He started ripping the book. "Yah!" Baekhyun exclaimed as he tried to grab the book away from Chanyeol but it was too late. Chanyeol has ripped the book into pieces and threw it on the floor. Chanyeol smirk. "This is what you get for offending me." Chanyeol said and left.

 

Baekhyun kneeled down on the floor with tears in his eyes. "My song book..." Baekhyun cried softly.

 

 

 

After running for 4 laps, Luhan stopped and took a seat on a bench nearby. He was catching his breath as he wiped his sweat away with his towel. "Ouch!" Luhan heard someone cried in pain. He got up and started finding the person.

 

He saw Sehun sitting on the ground with his leg bleeding. "Sehun! Are you alright?" Luhan asked as he knelt down beside Sehun. "Go away." Sehun said. "But you're injured. Let me help you." Luhan said. "I don't need your help! Go away!" Sehun shouted. Luhan stood up and started to walk away.

 

As he walked away, he looked back and saw Sehun trying to get up on his own but was having difficulty. He went back to Sehun. "I don't care that you hate me. I just wanna help you. I'll go away after this." Luhan said as he took Sehun's left arm and slung it around his own shoulder. After that, he slung his right arm around Sehun's waist. Then he pulled Sehun up slowly. "Can you walk?" Luhan asked. "No." Sehun answered as he looked away.

 

Luhan knelt down while supporting Sehun, pulled him up on his back and stood up. "Yah I'm heavy. Put me down." Sehun said sternly. Luhan just ignored him and started walking back to the dorm slowly. "Don't think that by doing this I'll stop hating you." Sehun said. "I don't care if you'll still hate me but I'm helping you because I treat you as a friend." Luhan said.

 

Sehun just kept quiet. "You gotta see the doctor tomorrow to check if your injury is bad." Luhan said. "It's a waste of time." Sehun said softly. "I'll bring you to the doctor then." Luhan said as though they were close to each other. "You're so annoying. Just let me sleep. And oh my God. How many laps did you run? You're sweating so much." Sehun said in annoyance and he rested his chin on Luhan's shoulder.

 

"Sehun ah. Just sleep. I'll wake you up when we have reached the dorm." Luhan said with a caring tone. The way Luhan said Sehun's name made Sehun's heart feel warm. He tightened his grip around Luhan's neck and closed his eyes. "Thank you." Sehun said softly. Luhan smiled.