Confused

It's Love

The next morning -

 

It was 6  in the morning. Baekhyun woke up and saw a book on beside his pillow. "What is this?" He asked himself. Nothing was written on the cover page. He opened it. Baekhyun ah. I'm sorry for tearing your songbook. I got a new book for you. Hope you'll like it. Hope to see this book filled with the wonderful songs written by you. Let's be friends. - Chanyeol

 

Baekhyun's lips curved into a smile when he read it. "Silly Chanyeol." He said to himself. "Oh~ Someone has gotten a new friend." Luhan teased. He had been observing Baekhyun. "What? No. I mean... Well..." Baekhyun's eyes drifted away as he spoke. "So he doesn't hate you anymore?" Luhan asked. "Well... No he doesn't." Baekhyun smiled. "Did something happen?" Luhan asked suspiciously. "Huh? No. Nothing happened. What could have happened? Nothing." Baekhyun answered nervously. "Really? Don't lie because it's obvious that you're lying." Luhan said.

 

"We.... Kissed." Baekhyun said. "You guys what?!" Luhan exclaimed. "Keep it down!" Baekhyun covered Luhan's mouth. "Oh my God you guys kissed!" Luhan said excitedly. "Actually... He kept apologising for tearing my songbook. Then I told him that if he wouldn't stop, I'd kiss him. Then he dared me to do it. I told him that I've never kissed before. And then he kissed me..." Baekhyun told Luhan, who was listening attentively.

 

"So what happen after that?" Luhan asked. "He asked me how was it and I quickly ran away..." Baekhyun answered. "Why did you run away?! You pabo." Luhan said. "It was so sudden.. I didn't know what to say..." Baekhyun said. "So how did you feel about it?" Luhan asked. Baekhyun thought for awhile. "I... Kinda like it..." Baekhyun answered shyly. "Oh Baekhyun is in love!~" Luhan teased. "Shut up, Lu!" Baekhyun exclaimed. "I'm not. I'm not.... Right?".

 

 

 

 

In class -

 

"Hi, Chanyeol." Luhan greeted with a smile as Chanyeol went to sit at his seat. "Hi, Luhan." Chanyeol smiled back. Baekhyun had his earphones on and was sleeping. His head was on the table. "Umm... Are you gonna visit Sehun after school?" Luhan asked. ”Yeah. Wanna come along?" Chanyeol asked. Luhan shook his head. "He wouldn't wanna see me." He smiled bitterly. "Don't feel that way, Luhan. I'm sure he wants to see you." Chanyeol said. "Don't need to comfort me. I heard everything he said. He would never accept me as a friend." Luhan said. "Give him some time. I'm sure he'll accept you one day. " Chanyeol smiled.

 

Baekhyun woke up and took his earphones off. "Hi Baek." Chanyeol smiled. Baekhyun, who was unaware that Chanyeol was there, was startled by his deep voice. "Hi, Chanyeol..." Baekhyun turned and smiled shyly. "Do you like the book?" Chanyeol asked. "Yeah..." Baekhyun said softly as he nodded his head. "I'm going to the toilet. You guys have a nice chat." Luhan smiled and left.

 

Chanyeol went to sit beside Baekhyun, which was Luhan's seat. "About yesterday..." Chanyeol started to talk but Baekhyun cut him off. "Forget about it." Baekhyun said quickly. "What?" Chanyeol was a little shock. "Let's just... Forget about it. Pretend that nothing happen." Baekhyun said. "But why?..." Chanyeol asked. "You stole my first kiss. I was waiting for the person I love to kiss me!" Baekhyun exclaimed.

 

"I'm sorry, Baek. I didn't know that you hated it. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I just... Felt like kissing you back then." Chanyeol said apologetically.  

 

"Why did you kiss me when we're barely even friends?" Baekhyun asked. "I... I felt really touched when you stood up for me despite being punched by me. You even listened to my voice everyday when it's not even nice. No one has ever appreciated my voice. But now there is someone. That's you." Chanyeol said as he looked deep into Baekhyun's eyes. "Thank you, Baekhyun." Chanyeol smiled. "Chanyeol..." Baekhyun to speak. "I was really sad when you hated me. It really hurt when you punch me." He continued. "I'm sorry Baekhyun. I promise that will never happen again. I will never hurt you again. Can we be friends?" Chanyeol asked.

 

Baekhyun nodded and smiled shyly. "Thank you!" Chanyeol gave Baekhyun a quick hug and looked at him. "I really like your voice by the way." Chanyeol smiled. "I wanna hear you sing every day." He said. "Why don't we.... Sing together? I like your voice and you like mine." Baekhyun suggested. "No no. I'll ruin the whole song with my disgusting voice." Chanyeol said. "Your voice is not disgusting. I won't let you say that about your voice again. Or else." Baekhyun said. "Or else what?" Chanyeol asked as he leaned in closer. "I'll.... Flick your head!" Baekhyun flicked Chanyeol's forehead playfully. "Yah it hurts!" Chanyeol exclaimed as he rubbed his forehead. Baekhyun laughed. "That's your punishment for saying your own voice disgusting." Baekhyun said. Chanyeol kept rubbing his forehead and looked down. "It really hurt?" Baekhyun asked guiltily. Chanyeol just kept quiet. "I'm sorry..." Baekhyun took Chanyeol's hand away and placed a soft kiss on Chanyeol's forehead. "All better?" Baekhyun asked. Chanyeol was surprised.

 

"It... Still hurt." Chanyeol lied. It didn't hurt anymore but he wanted to get kissed by Baekhyun again. Baekhyun kissed Chanyeol's forehead once again. "All better now." Baekhyun smiled. "Kiss me again. Umm I mean... Kiss my forehead again... I mean... Umm..." Chanyeol couldn't find the right words to speak. It was really awkward. Baekhyun could feel his cheeks burning up.

 

"Alright class let's start our lesson." Their teacher said as he came in. Before Chanyeol got up and went back to his seat just behind, Baekhyun gave a quick kiss on Chanyeol's forehead. Chanyeol smiled and went back to his seat.

 

 

 

 

After school -

 

"Are you sure you don't wanna follow me to the hospital?" Chanyeol asked as he packed his bag. Luhan shook his head. "Okay then. In case you wanna visit him, he's in ward 28A, level 5." Chanyeol said. "Maybe... I'll visit him when he's sleeping." Luhan said. "Baekhyun ah." Chanyeol called out as he walked up to Baekhyun, who was wiping the whiteboard. Baekhyun turned. "Wanna... Meet up this evening? I uh... Wanna... Umm..." Chanyeol couldn't find the right words to speak again. "You want what?" Baekhyun asked. "I wanna sing with you." Chanyeol answered. Baekhyun smiled. Okay. I'll go to your dorm." He said. "Sure! Okay! See you later!" Chanyeol beamed and left.

 

"Looks like someone's in love~" Luhan teased. "Shut up, Lu. I'm not in love with him. And I don't think I ever will." Baekhyun said. Little did he know that Chanyeol was standing outside and he heard everything.

 

 

At the hospital -

 

"So how are you feeling? What did the doctor say?" Chanyeol Sehun, who was laying on the bed with his right leg wrapped in a cast. "The doctor said that I can be discharged tonight." Sehun said. "Ya right. Quit playing around, Sehun. I'm serious." Chanyeol said. "I'm bored here, okay. Well, the doctor said that the surgery went well and I can move my right leg again in 3 days time. But I have to walk slowly." Sehun answered. "But on the other hand.... I still won't be able to dance for 2 years..." Sehun said softly. "It's okay, Sehun. All that matters is you're able to walk again and your right leg has healed." Chanyeol comforted him.

 

Sehun smiled. "By the way... Umm... How was school today?" He asked. "It was just like any other normal day." Chanyeol answered. "Umm... Did anyone ask about me?" Sehun asked. "Come on Sehun. If you wanna ask me about Luhan, just be straightforward." Chanyeol said. "Well, he did ask me about you. He wanted to come along but he was afraid that you might not wanna see him." He continued. "Ah pabo Luhan." Sehun said. "It's your own fault for saying those mean things." Chanyeol said. "But then... He said maybe he'll visit you when you're asleep." He said. Sehun smiled instantly. Look at that smile. To think that you said you'd never accept him as a friend. Ya right." Chanyeol teased.

 

 

 

 

That evening -

 

Chanyeol was playing his guitar when he heard a knock on the door. He put his guitar on his bed and opened the door. "Hi. I'm here." Baekhyun smiled. "Come in." Chanyeol said and he closed the door. "You were playing the guitar?" Baekhyun asked as he sat on Chanyeol's bed and put his songbook down. "Yeah." Chanyeol smiled. He didn't sound too happy. "Hey is something wrong? You don't sound so happy." Baekhyun asked. "Nothing. I'm okay." Chanyeol said.

 

"Okay then. What song do you wanna sing?" Baekhyun asked as Chanyeol sat beside him. "I kinda composed a song. Wanna hear it first?" Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun just nodded. Chanyeol started to play the guitar. Baekhyun listened attentively.

 

"I~ I've been thinking about you lately~

Just can't get you out of my mind~"

 

Baekhyun listened to the deep voice.

 

I don't know what is this feeling~

I've been feeling this all along~

 

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol, who was looking straight into his eyes as he sang.

 

"It's getting me all confused ~ Oh~

You make me happy with a simple smile~

I think I'm falling in love with you~

 

Chanyeol stopped. Both of them looked at each other without saying a single word. "It's.... A meaningful song." Baekhyun said. Chanyeol smiled. Tears started to form in his eyes. "Chanyeol? Are you crying?  What's wrong?" Baekhyun asked. "Nothing. I'm... Just feeling emotional." He said. Baekhyun wiped the tears, which were already rolling down Chanyeol's cheeks, away gently with his thumbs. "Umm... Sorry Baek I think I'm not in the mood to sing tonight. Maybe we'll continue tomorrow?" Chanyeol said. "What happened? Please tell me." Baekhyun asked with concern. "Nothing. Just go back. Sorry." Chanyeol said. Baekhyun hugged him. "I'm always here if you need me." He said and stood up. He took his book and left.

 

"You're getting me all confused, Baekhyun...."

 

 

 

That night -

 

It was already 9 pm. Luhan entered the ward quietly. He saw Sehun sleeping. "Goodnight, Sehun." He whispered. "I hope you'll have a speedy recovery. Even if you have to limp, I'll be there with you." He said softly. Little did he know that Sehun wasn't sleeping at all. "Bye." Luhan was about to leave when Sehun pulled his hand. "Sehun?" Luhan said. "I-I'm sorry. I'll leave now." Luhan said in panic. "Don't go." Sehun said. "Keep me company." He continued. Luhan was surprised. "I'm... Bored." Stay with me." Sehun said as he let Luhan's hand go.

 

"Okay. If you want me to." Luhan smiled. Sehun sat up without moving his legs and made space for Luhan to sit down on the bed. "Sit." He said and Luhan sat down. "Sehun ah. How's your leg? What did the doctor say?" Luhan asked. "The doctor said that... I won't be able to walk properly anymore.." Sehun said sadly. "What?! No! There must be a way! Sehun you can't be crippled! You like to dance... No..." Luhan started to cry. Sehun giggled. "I was just joking, silly." He said. "What? Sehun I was so worried!" Luhan exclaimed. "Silly boy." Sehun said as he wiped Luhan's tears away. "The doctor said that my leg will heal in 3 days time but I have to walk slowly. And... I still won't be able to dance for 2 years." He said.

 

"So... You won't need to  limp. And I don't need to accompany you..." Luhan said  softly. "You need to accompany me during these 2 years!" Sehun said. "You want me to?" Luhan asked. "Don't you hate me? You'd never accept me as a friend in this lifetime?" Luhan asked. "Actually... I said all those things because I couldn't accept that I don't hate you anymore. But now.... I do. I don't hate you anymore." Sehun smiled.

 

"Really? So we're friends?" Luhan asked excitedly. "Yes." Sehun answered. "Thank you! Thank you, Sehun!" Luhan hugged him. The feeling of deja vu happened again. Why is this feeling so familiar?  "Don't you need to sleep? It's already night time." Luhan asked. "Okay... You'll visit me again tomorrow, won't you?" Sehun asked. Luhan nodded. "Goodnight, Sehun." Luhan smiled as he tucked Sehun in bed. "See you tomorrow." Sehun smiled and Luhan left. I've finally accepted you as my friend.