Chapter 6

Unexpected Romance

Leo and you were standing fairly close to each other. All the couples were in a row waiting to participate in the pepero challenge. Boom told everyone they had to hold hands or link arms with each other. Leo didn't move but his eyes opened wide. He didn't do anything...everyone else had already either held hands or linked arms. You sighed and took his hand, you interlocked fingers with him. You guys were holding hands now. He looked quite shocked that you initiated the first move. He just looked at you dumbfounded and you stared back at him with your head tilted as to say "what?."

He just looked away obviously embarrassed by what you had just done. You held his hand tightly. He had very big hands but they were soft and warm. You liked them. Sometimes you would move your thumb back and forth over his hand. You felt this calmed him since he seemed a bit nervous about the pepero game. He would kind of cringe when the other contestants would get close to kissing. You thought to yourself was this how he was going to act when he was with me? although you were kind of shy you were also kind of competitive. You didn't even care if you came close to kissing or if you kissed at all. In fact that was a plus.

He finally broke the silence by nudging your shoulder and saying "Uhm... so I made a promise to talk to you the next time I saw you.. and well here we are holding hands tightly. But uhm why exactly did we hold hands? there was a choice you know?..." he said shyly. 

"Oh.. uhh... I just thought... this was more acceptable... since we're portraying a 'couple'. I didn't know it would bother you" you said slightly shocked and bewildered. You tried to seperate your hands after you had spoke.

He stopped you and held your hand tighter. He patted your guys's interlocked hands with his other hand as to say it was okay and he liked it.

"No, i'm fine I was just wondering why you had done it in the first place. I was going to but... i'm still a little shy infront of the cameras. Anyways I like holding your hand" He said with a smirk. 

You almost couldn't contain your feelings when he said that. He was sincere about it and that's what you cared about.

Finally it was your guys's turn. The shortest record for the studio today was 1cm. You were determined to beat it. You asked Leo if it was okay if you could approach him and he could just stay still. He just nodded. Typical of him.

He bit the stick and you started approaching him. At first you were staring at each other with intense gazes. But when you were really close you just closed your eyes. You didn't know if he was doing the same. He started to move away from you but you were determined to win. You placed your hand on the back of his neck and pulled him closer and placed the other hand on his shoulder to make him stay still.

The studio was filled with gasps. They didn't expect you to be so bold. In fact you didn't expect yourself to be so bold either. You weren't the type to just grab someone like that.

He made his mouth into a position where his lips were almost gone and only his teeth showed. He obviously didn't want a scandal. You did the same as to ensure the same thing. You didn't want to deal with a scandal either, you just debuted it would affect the group deeply if one of you had a scandal. 

Yet you guys came so close. You guys had both of your heads tilted you inched yourself closer to him each inch closer wishing to kiss him but each time also wishing not to kiss him.

 

"WHAT?" "YAH!" "WE AREN'T ALLOWED TO DO THAT" "LEO!" "YAH! JUNG TAEKWOON!" "ESME!" "ESME WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING?!" The studio filled up with these sayings and the whistles of Boom. Signaling something had gone wrong or something scandalous had occured.

You and Jung Taekwoon had kissed. You didn't initiate it though. This time Leo had gone in for the first move.

You didn't know what had happened it all happened so fast. You had bit the cookie to signal that the game was over. Before the cookie had even hit the ground Leo had his lips on yours. You weren't supposed to react the way you did though. You pulled him in for a bigger kiss. Alexandria and Amy had to pull you off him and Ravi and Hyuk had to pull Leo off of you. How could you resist him though? His lips were perfection they were soft and moist. He had big lips too which were even better when they smacked against your lips. You were so ashamed having done that on national television. You hoped the editors would be nice and cut that part out for your protection. 

Boom shouted "Yah! I don't know what you two think this show is for but it's certainly not for that much kissing. Although it was very nice to watch" He chuckled you knew Boom wasn't mad at you guys. "Just don't do it again and i'll try to get the editors of the show to be nice and cut that part out. I just need the idols and staff here today to vow not to share to the public what happened for the sake of your fellow idols." Thankfully everyone in the studio had promised to not mention a word about what happened and just carried on like nothing happened. 

The kiss was worth it though. You guys had won. There was only a crumb left. It measured 0.2 cm. The show ended and of course you and Leo ended up being one of the finalist couples. 

After the show Alex and Amy were scolding you. Saying things like "Do you even know what this could do to us if it were to go public?" "What if someone does tell? huh?" "What are you going to do then?" You just sighed and said that you were sincerely sorry and that it would never happen again. You offered to buy them a really nice dinner just the two of them. They agreed because they wanted some samgyupsal tonight with soju. It was going to be expensive but you were fine with it. 

Honestly you were only searching for one person in the studio after the show. Leo. Where did he go? Was he ashamed? But how could he be ashamed if he initiated the kiss? All of these things were running wild in your head. 

Finally you felt someone tap your shoulder. You jumped in surprisement. It was Leo he was looking at you like if he was sorry and a bit annoyed. You could tell by his body language he wasn't very comfortable. 

"About earlier I just wanted to say i'm sorry for the kiss." He just stated and walked away, never turning back. He was definitely a chic type of guy. 

You stood there speechless just watching his back slowly disappear. 

Finally your members came up to you and said everyone was asking for you. You didn't feel like talking to anyone. Why was he sorry? Was I a bad kisser? 

You plugged in your earphones and listened to music all the way to the dorm. You could be chic too. 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Guys. I broke my netbook last night T.T I'm using my brother's lappy. So I don't know how updating will go. But not to worry if one day he doesn't let me use it, i'll just end up using my Ipod.