Chapter 8

Unexpected Romance

 Once again you plopped down in your room after ignoring everyone but this time crying. It had been 3 weeks and Leo hadn't contacted you, today was the day you found out why. A few hours earlier you were an MC for a music program alongside actress Min Hyo-Rin.

-Hours Earlier-

VIXX were still doing their promotions and you had to act like nothing had happened between you and Leo. When you and Hyo-Rin were interviewing them for their final performance you made sure to not look Leo's way. Although out of your peripheral vision you could see he was staring directly at you. You didn't look his way once during the interview and made sure to try and flirt with the other members. You were nervous and felt really uncomfortable but you didn't want Leo to notice.  

The two of you had a rest before having to present the rest of the idols onto the music program and that included VIXX. Hyo-Rin had excused herself to the bathroom a few minutes prior to you guys going up to the stage and recording.

It was about a minute before you two had to be up there and Hyo-Rin was nowhere to be found. You started looking around in every nook and corner because the PD had ordered you. What you were about to see wasn't something that made you feel joy it actually made you feel the opposite it made you feel like something had hit you hard in the heart.

Hyo-Rin and Leo were kissing by the Janitor's closet. Why they weren't in the actual closet you never found out. 

When you saw this you unintentionally dropped your mic and it wasn't a soft sound it was a BAM. They both looked up at you and you had no idea what to do because you were just staring wide-eyed with tears welling up in your eyes. You came back to reality and realized what was happening you picked up your mic, bowed and walked away as fast as you could. You heart literally ached from what you just had saw and you couldn't control it. 

"Esmeralda! WAIT" Leo called

You stopped in your tracks. You almost turned around but stopped yourself. No one has called you by your real name, not even your members they always referred to you as "Unnie" or "Esme". You just clenched your fists together and wiped away the tears running down your face.

You didn't turn around once you just shook your head NO at him and kept walking. You were crying again by the time you had reached the waiting room everyone had asked what was wrong but you just said you tripped. They asked if you saw Hyo-Rin and you had this sudden rage for her. You clenched your fist and gritted your teeth and said No. 

You wiped up your tears and cleaned up your make-up you didn't want Hyo-Rin to see that you were crying.

It was time for you guys to go up and be MC's for the rest of the night and surprisingly Hyo-Rin was already up there smiling acting like she didn't know what you saw. The rest of the night went smoothly until after you had announced the winners and you were walking off stage. Leo was waiting for you at the end of the stairs he was awkward bowing at everyone but always keeping full eye contact with you. As much as you just wanted to go up to him and talk you weren't ready for that. For pete's sake you just saw the guy you like kissing another girl. You walked right by him not even bowing to him or looking at him.

He grabbed your wrist it was the third time he had done this and you didn't enjoy it. You looked at his hand that was holding on so tightly to your wrist and wondered why he liked grabbing you so much. You finally looked up at him and told him with a stern voice to let go. His eyes wavered and you could tell he was a bit shocked that you had said that. He let go and you walked as fast as you could to your waiting room and making sure he wasn't following you.

Nobody was in your waiting room everyone went home. Even Hyo-Rin left and all her staff did too. You were left there waiting for your manager to come pick you up from the building. You wondered how Leo and her contacted each other and met down there... first of all how could he do this to you? He obviously hinted at having feelings for you but never in fact stated he did.  

You heard a knock thinking it was your manager you said "Come in" not paying attention because you had the team's smart phone for the night. Without looking up from the phone you said "You're finally here let's go~ i'm tired" 

"Exactly where are we going?" he said

You looked up from your phone and stared at who was in front of you. 

It was Leo and he looked a bit sad.

You grabbed your stuff and started towards the door with the intention of getting away from him but that's when he finally grabbed your shoulders and gazed into your eyes.

"Esme please... about earlier it was a misunderstanding." his eyes were sincere but you weren't sure. That mouth had been on Hyo-Rin's and just the thought of it made you enraged.

"Oh really? So smacking your lips with hers and full on groping her is a misunderstanding?!" you almost yelled trying to get out of his hold with tears forming in your eyes.

"That...uh.. I can explain please just hear me out" he said tenderly still holding on to you.

"How about you explain to me why you never tried to contact me once or even mention me to Hyuk or the other members?...." You trailed off feeling pathetic that you brought that up

"I was scared and nervous I truly am sorry, really. Please believe me we really need to sit down and talk calmly about what you saw earlier" he tried to drag you and sit down but you stopped him with full on strength.

"Why do you even care? Do you think i'll tell the press about this?  I won't. Scared and nervous really? You expect me to believe that after what I saw you doing with her? but you know what i'm just going to forget it ever happened and not give a what you do with your life now Jung Taekwoon.. so how about we just end it like we never met each other. Okay? It'd be a lot more easier for me to get over this whole situation" your voice quivering almost not believing what had just escaped your lips you had tears running down your face now but you couldn't stop them.

"Esme you're not hearing me out. I really want to explain this whole situation to you but you're not understanding." he said with his voice almost giving out you could tell he was hurt by what you had just said. He tried wiping the tears off of you but you just smacked his hand away.

"I'm sorry but I don't want to hear complete lies right now. I think you've hurt me enough for one day. Bye" You bowed and left. You heard him yell for the first time and it sincerely surprised you. He was yelling curse words and yelling after you. You just kept on crying you didn't care that the manager saw you bawling your eyes out in the car. You clutched your chest in pain and cried until you got to the dorm.