⌘20

I Remember [hiatus/discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Eunmi squealed in delight, tugging Yongnam to the couch and in fact ignoring Yongguk along the way as well. There wasn't a single thought in her mind other than the man in front of her. So how long has it been since she's last seen him? A year or two? Even though the Bang twins were identical, Eunmi preferred Yongnam more under certain circumstances.


She rapidly shot questions at him, not even giving him the chance to reply. He looked somewhat flustered like the rest of the boys but had that sweet smile on his face still. "I can't believe you're here? Where's your sister? Please tell me she came along with you!"


Giving an amused chuckle, Yongnam carefully detached himself from her hug, avoiding eye contact with Daehyun and instead glanced at Yongguk who looked indifferent. The twin frowned, a bit confused but didn't think much of it and returned his attention to the female in front of him.


"I decided to drop by for a week or so but unfortunately, noona didn't come. She's a bit busy with work. So how's it going with you? You and the boys getting along well?" Yongnam explained with an apologetic smile. But before Eunmi could say a word, she was pulled out of her seat. No, not by her overprotective brother but the person she least expected: Jongup who has been pretty quiet ever since she arrived.


"Haha, noona must be kind of cold with that dress on. Come on, you should change into something more comfortable."


"What? I spent an hour trying to pick out and get into this dress. I'm not changing."


"Aish stop being so stubborn." Daehyun finally interrupted, pulling the two apart to only drag his sister instead. "You can wear my sweats and clothes. I never liked your outfit in the first place." He nagged, ignoring her sharp protests and slammed his door room shut behind them.


Yongnam awkwardly scratched his head, smiling softly. "Uh well that was weird? I thought she looked fine in that dress. Don't you guys agree?" He asked with everybody agreeing except one.


"Bro? Don't you think she looks good?"


Yongguk cleared his throat, giving out a low 'yes' to please his brother but Yongnam was looking a bit suspicious. "Hey, what's wrong with-"


"Hey hyung, let's play some video games eh? I remember I still kicked your whenever we played this?" Zelo hurriedly shoved the game controller in the confused male's hands. "Unless you're scared?"


Yongnam completely forgot about the previous conversation and now focused on the game in front of him. "Well since when did the youngest get so egoistic? I'll show you who's scared?" Cracking his knuckles, his full attention was now on the television, forgetting about his twin's strange behavior completely.


Meanwhile Himchan weaseled to Yongguk's side. "You still haven't told him?" He whispered, glaring daggers. "I can't believe he doesn't know yet! It's been like what, a year since you guys broke up? Why didn't you tell him?"


The other made an annoyed growl, shoving his friend aside lightly. "It's because I never got the chance."


"Bullcrap." Himchan scoffed. "You had plenty of chances so why didn't you tell your family? You know noona is going to have a fit once she finds out that you never told them right?" Yongguk chose to remain silent with his gaze locked on the television. “Well you better figure it out. It’s either you tell them or I’ll just do it myself.” He finally added, leaving his friend to think.


The door to Daehyun’s room opened, revealing a casual looking Eunmi. “I can’t believe you peeped when I was changing Daehyun! At least Jongup had some decency to hide himself. You on the other hand, didn’t even bother to look away when I almost took off my shirt!” She nagged a bored looking Daehyun with a red faced Jongup trailing after.


“I don’t get why you’re so cranky, you know. We’ve seen each other before.”


“That was when we were three!”


“Aish, stop yelling in my ear!”


"Well the Jung siblings are still as lively as ever." Yongnam chuckled, taking a momentarily small break from the video game. "You look pretty in that, Eunmi. I agree with the others. You suit that more than dresses."


"I don't know whether that's a compliment or an insult." She rolled her eyes and let herself sit in the space between Yongnam and Zelo. "But thanks anyways. I feel a tiny bit reassured when hearing them. Only a tiny bit." She gestured, mushing her fingers together.


Himchan took the liberty of sitting down on another couch with Jongup, Daehyun, and Youngjae while Yongguk was forced to stand behind Eunmi due to Himchan’s demanding glares. The conversation between the eight of them sailed smoothly, producing laughter and chuckles. Eunmi hadn't even noticed that Yongguk was behind her until she flung her head back while laughing and hit Yongguk's firm stomach with her noggin. Immediately her laughter had ceased and she stood up straight while clearing to avoid the awkwardness.


Unfortunately this didn't go past Yongnam's eyes as he stared at them as confused as ever. They didn't seem to be getting along as far as he remembers. He recalled that those two were inseparable; always stuck hip by hip. But now it was like they yearned to be as far as apart from one another as possible. Well that's what he thought. Nobody else seemed to mind much to his surprise. Was he missing something here?


"What's going on?" He bluntly asked.


"Zelo's kicking your , that's what."


"I mean between here. What's with this really creepy atmosphere?" His tone turned serious and Eunmi unconsciously moved away from the twin with a nervous gaze. "It's like something died here."


"More like a relationship." Youngjae whispered under his breath and Himchan immediately whacked his head, hoping that Yongnam didn't manage to catch that.


Jongup shrugged. "Maybe it's just you. Everything seems normal around here to us. You're growing old, hyung."


Yongnam scowled, annoyed at the old comment when he was just a couple of years older. But before he could make a comeback, Eunmi suddenly snatched the game controller out of his hands, surprising him. “Aish if you’re going to talk so much then let others have a turn. You anyways.” She remarked, cackling and running away with the controller safely tucked between her arms.


“YAH! I WAS STILL PLAYING, BRAT!” Yongnam scrambled out of his seat to chase the shrieking Eunmi around like a pair of fifth graders. The others let out a quiet sigh of relief, once again managing to avoid the topic. Himchan shot Yongguk the eye, irritated. It was as if he was warning him that if he didn’t tell his brother soon, things would turn out even more complicated and harsher.


To be honest, Yongguk was frustrated also. Not with his friends or Eunmi but with himself. He never had the courage to tell his family who loved Eunmi so much. He didn’t know why but one thing he did know was that if he did, then it was be official. The thought of his family giving him the glares after explaining what happened scared him a bit. It wasn’t that he felt that he was right but it was the opposite. The breakup between them was mostly his fault no matter what side the story was told from. But he was running away from the truth… again.


“Yongnam…” A burst of energy suddenly came to him as he dared to stand up, fists clenched. “I have something to tell you.” Once again, the room turned silent and everyone knew the words that were about to escape his mouth. “We broke up.”


Yongnam blinked a few times before placing his hands on his hips and sighed. “I knew it. I knew there was something wrong between the two of you. When?” He looked towards Eunmi who barely avoided his direct gaze.


“A little over a year ago…”


“That long, huh?” h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter