⌘19

I Remember [hiatus/discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


“I don’t even know why I’m telling you guys this. This is ridiculous.” Eunmi groaned, frustrated, after a countless number of attempts to explain. “I’ve never told anybody except Secret.”


The other party was restless as well when Jonghyun finally grabbed onto her hand, calming her down. “Mimi… Mimi? Just relax. Relax… Yeah, that’s it. Just relax and take deep breathes. Now tell us. What happened?”


Her grip on his hand tightened for support as she shakily exhaled. “I-I had to leave. Yongguk was changing. Just to spend time with me, he would sometimes skip practices and defy the managers. He began to lose focus when dancing and made mistakes more often. He was beginning to forget about the music because of me. He was losing what he loved the most because of me. That’s why I had to go. He said that I was only a distraction for Yongguk; an obstacle in his life. He wouldn’t see his true potential because of me.”


“Hold up now.” Minho raised his hand, interrupting her. “Who exactly is he?”


Her face turned paler as she bit her lip, darting her eyes everywhere away from them. “I-I don’t know if I can say or not.”


“Eunmi, for god sake, we’re trying to help you here!” Danbi finally snapped and forced Eunmi to completely face her. “We’re friends aren’t we? Even though we only knew each other for a short period of time, we’re friends right? And you trust us, right, because we trust you and we want to help you. So please just tell us what’s been bothering you for so long so we can help. We want to aid you in getting out of this mess. We want to know what happened so we can get understand where you’re standing at.”


Without responding to Danbi, she just said it straight out there. “It was their manager… It was B.A.P’s manager.”


“Manager? He was the one that practically forced you to study abroad.”


“Half right. He said I had an option. He said that if I stayed, Yongguk would eventually lose focus on his real dream: his music. But if I left, I could go to New York for a while to study to be a stylist before coming back when their names where engraved in the music industry. So I came back a little after a year when they were recognized. I came back as a new Eunmi as well; a new stronger and independent Eunmi. Yongguk wasn’t the only one that changed.”


“But… you still like him?”


“Yeah… I do.”


Key had a skeptical look as he observed her carefully. “Then what are you going to do now?”


“Me? Nothing. I’m going to do nothing.”


They asked why and she responded with a short excuse. She was too tired to change. She was too tired of the drama and didn’t want to cause even more ruckus so she wasn’t going to disrupt the peace. The audience argued about her decision but of course Eunmi had the final word.


“Yongguk is at the top of his game now. He’s composing and producing his own songs now. Who am I to get in his way of success and his dreams?”


“But hasn’t it ever occurred to you that Yongguk might actually still have feelings for you too?” Jonghyun asked which was received with glares by his friends.


“Of course. I think about that all the time but it seems silly right? He treats me like air nowadays. But even if he did like me, our relationship would be impossible.”


“And why is that?”


“Our relationship has too many scars to heal. It wouldn’t be the same.”


“But you know, Eunmi.” Key said as he moved closer to her. By now, all of them were closely crowded around Eunmi in concern. “Time always heals those wounds.”


“Maybe. Maybe oppa, but still. There are many that oppose of our relationship. The managers, the fans, the company, and my brother.” She let out a small chuckle at the mention of her overprotective twin. “These feelings of mine. I’ll keep it to me for a little while longer just to be selfish.”


Jonghyun’s grip on her hand loosened and eventually slipped out of hers. “That means that you’ll forget him soon then?”


She responded with a smile, saying that she’ll try her best to. He smirked in return, sitting up straight. “Then I’ll try my best as well.” He officially stated, shocking everybody except for Eunmi who didn’t comprehend what he had just said. Not even bothering for a response, he hopped off the bed and let himself exit the room.


“What was that?” The girl blinked, looking at her friends for answers but was only met with one answer.


“Poor Jonghyun.”


Poor Jonghyun?
 


Eunmi’s POV


I stared at my phone like my brother went absolutely crazy. “What did you say?”


“Dress pretty and come to our dorm at eight. Don’t be late either. But don’t wear a too revealing dress!”


“What’s the big occasion?” Tucking my phone between my shoulder and ear, I rummaged through my closet until I could find something that my brother would approve of which would be extremely difficult considering the kind of picky person he is.


“You’ll see. Listen I gotta go. See you in a couple of hours.” And then he rudely hung up. Well… that was weird but then again, a lot of things in my life are weird. After a few tossing and changing, I settled with a simple sleeveless mini black dress with a long white short sleeved cardigan with its back stretched out to my kneecaps. I’m pretty sure Daehyun will accept this. He can’t be too overprotective right?


Wanting to not be late and avoid Himchan’s nagging, I gave myself a head start and left my apartment at about six. I kept pulling on my dress and grumbled to myself as I locked my apartment. It wasn’t every day you saw me wearing such a nice dress. Wear something fancy, Daehyun says. Ha. I bet he’s wearing sweatpants.


“Woah did you wear that for me? I’m honored.”


The voice made a smile spread across my lips when I faced him. He was smiling as brightly as ever, holding his apartment key in one hand and a backpack in the other. I took small timid steps (still tugging on my dress) to go over and greet the troublemaker.


“Hey. Wanna grab some coffee? My treat.”


That sounded tempting and hey, I’ve got like two hours to spare so why not. It’s free. I gladly took his offer, travelling down the elevator along with him as we brought up a normal conversation, laughing and teasing here and there.


I downed my Americano and smacked my lips at the bitter taste, making the person across from me laugh.


“Bitter?”


“Black was never my favorite anything.”


He let out a hearty chuckle, taking a sip from his. “So where are you going all dressed up prettily like that, princess?”


“Well if you must know frog prince” I teased back before continuing. “I’m going to meet up with my boys for special quality time.”


He looked unsatisfied complaining why I didn’t do that with Shinee. Well the answer is very obvious because I do have that quality time with the group since I practically bump into them every day. “Anyways Minho, what are you doing out here? No schedule?”


“I ran away.”


“Oh my gosh, really?”


“No stupid.” He gave my forehead a stern push. “I don’t have a schedule for an hour but I do have a drama shoot soon. Wanna come along and support me?”


I smiled but declined his offer, telling him that I alre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter