06. ~Jealousy~

Always By Your Side

Seohyun watched them swim away as she resented HyunAe once again. There was no doubt about her loyalty to her friend, but she hated just how much HyunAe got for doing nothing. She would always be HyunAe's closest friend but she knew that she would never get into the palace because of her place in society. She wasn’t poor but she wasn’t exactly the type of person a princess should be hanging around. 

And yet, her father allowed that guy hang around her even though he was at the bottom of every food chain. But Seohyun knew that was the exact reason why the King trusted Yonghwa to be around his daughter.

He was a nobody and had no ulterior motives to try and get into the palace because he had no idea what palace life was actually like. Seohyun looked around and saw that her brother was already waiting for her.

“Good morning, Seohyun-ah~” Her brother greeted her with a smile. 

She lowered her head slightly to him, “Good morning, Kyuhyun oppa.” She told him. He was expecting news of her getting closer into the palace. He wanted to be the King’s right hand man in order to take over the throne one day.

“How’s the progress?” Kyuhyun asked her directly when he realized she wouldn't start the conversation without him asking her.

“What progress?” Seohyun replied haughtily. “They already know not to let me get too close. I can’t do anything to help you.” She said.

Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes at her, “You must help me one way or another, sister. Family is more important than friendship.” He reminded her.

“Don’t worry, my allegiance is still with you, oppa. I just don’t know what I want.” Seohyun sighed softly.

“Ooh, there’s a new boy in the picture isn’t there?” Kyuhyun surmised teasingly. “You’re always such an open book, sister. Who is it?"

“Princess HyunAe’s new friend.” Seohyun answered, clearly emphasizing HyunAe’s title.

“Wait, she has a new friend?” Kyuhyun asked her and Seohyun smirked at him. “I’ve been away with the other elites trying to devise our plan.” 

“Someone has been away from the gossip then. Princess HyunAe has a new friend that she gets to hang around with and he is quite handsome.” Seohyun explained to him.

“Any information on him?” Kyuhyun said.

“He’s poor, but he was given some status by the King.” Seohyun said. “And I know HyunAe is attached to him.” 

“Do not cross the princess yet, Seohyun.” Kyuhyun warned her. “You need to be her friend for as long as possible so that when she was no one else to turn to, she will turn to you and divulge palace secrets to you.” He said. 

“But he’s so handsome.” Seohyun whined.

Kyuhyun sighed at his baby sister, “Fine. I’ll give you one chance. Ask him to pick you or HyunAe if he doesn’t pick you then you must give up this love at first sight nonsense with him. You can have any man you want and you want a poor boy?” Kyuhyun chastised her.

“He’s not just anyone. HyunAe has him and he clearly has some merits.” Seohyun defended herself.

“You know nothing about him.” Kyuhyun shook his head at her. “Whatever. But have him pick between you and HyunAe if he doesn’t pick you then too bad.” He told her before swimming away. 

Seohyun sighed sadly as she thought about her brother’s ultimatum, she knew exactly what the consequences were if she failed to earn Yonghwa’s heart. She would need to give up the life of monogamy forever if she lost against HyunAe. 

There was no one else right now, even though she knew nothing of him. She had no idea what was wrong with her, she just knew she wanted him for herself. She sighed again, before reaching out to one of the messengers. “Tell Yonghwa that I want him to meet me at the palace garden.” She said before swimming over there to wait.

The messenger followed her orders thoroughly as he searched for Yonghwa throughout the castle and he had to search every room of the palace before he found Yonghwa with the princess in her night sky room.

He bowed lowly in greeting and they both said hello politely. “What are you doing here, Kiseop?” HyunAe asked her.

“I have a message for Yonghwa.” He answered respectfully. HyunAe’s bright smile fell a little as she swam away in her own room towards the stars to give Yonghwa his privacy. She had a feeling what the message was and she wasn’t ready to see what was going to happen.

“What is the message?” Yonghwa asked Kiseop quietly as to not disturb HyunAe.

Kiseop nodded in understanding as he continued the whispering, “Miss Seohyun is requesting your presence at the palace garden.” He reported.

“Seohyun?” Yonghwa asked puzzled. “Didn’t I just meet her? She wants to meet me now?” 

“Yes, just you.” Kiseop answered. “I am bound by my code but I must tell you be careful with what you choose to do. The princess must not be disappointed.” He said, bowing once and leaving the room entirely.

Yonghwa looked up at HyunAe and saw that her shoulders were slumped slightly. He had already made his choice from the beginning and he swam up to her by the stars. “What’s your favorite constellation, princess?” He asked her and HyunAe looked at him in surprise. He just smiled at her, gesturing for her to answer his question.

HyunAe gulped once before nodding, “My favorite constellation is Sirius, the brightest constellation. But I can’t see it, not down here. I have to go to the surface to see it.” She told him.

“You want to see the surface world, princess?” He asked her.

HyunAe nodded furiously, “Very much so. I don’t think it’s better than down here, I think. But I don’t want to rule this kingdom without seeing the humans first. I know we used to have a good relationship with them where we could be at peace and not disturbed but I know that we are losing that. We are losing it because they no longer believe in us. So they need to study us, I want them to believe in our fairy tales again, even if it means they still don’t believe we exist."

Yonghwa looked at her and reached for her hand, “That’s a very noble reason, princess. You won’t have to do it alone.” He promised her and pressed his forehead against hers again. He refused to move and she felt her heart pound out of her chest as she tried to wrap her mind around his actions.

“You should call me by my first name, Yonghwa.” HyunAe finally gathered her thoughts together and spoke up.

“If you want that, then you must call me oppa. I’m older than you are, after all.” He joked with a smile on his face.

She felt warm inside when she saw his smile and looked at him with a smile as well. “Fine, besides you are going to be closest friend, you don’t have to keep addressing me as princess.” She told him.

“I will, HyunAe. Don’t worry about me leaving you okay? I will always be by your side, just as I promised.” Yonghwa assured her. “Don’t forget that.” 


Author's Note;;
Okay. :o lol. Not sure if this is still going in the direction I had originally intended. 
but we shall just go with the flow, peeps~ :3
enjoy:D
Btw, Yonghwa's solo. have you seen this picture? omgggggg