23. ~ Transformation~

Always By Your Side

She pulled away from him slightly to glare at him, “Why did you get caught by him?” She said angrily. Yonghwa reached up and tapped her nose lightly with his eyes narrowed at her.

“Fine, I admit it was my fault. I don’t know what actually came over me but he was so kind.” She said, arguing with his reasoning.

Yonghwa shrugged with a frown on his face, saying nothing. She stared at him some more and he rolled his eyes. He put his hands on her waist, holding her close to him. It was nice to be able to hold her in his arms again.

“You think that was some sort of plan, wasn’t it? Or you know?” She asked him suspiciously. “Why aren’t you talking?” She pinched his cheek lightly, finally noticing that he never said anything to her before.

He reached up and tapped her nose lightly again with a pointed look on his face. He looked at her again, tilting his head slightly to the side.

“What? My fault? Oh! Your deal.” She said, hugging him again. She smiled at Yonghwa as she pulled away slightly, “I love you.” She said and he smiled back at her as he regained feeling back in his voice box.

“I love you too.” He said, giving her a hug and running for the ocean. His legs would return soon and he needed to get out of there. He ran through the doors as he feel his skin crawl, the feeling was unnatural but doing what he did was unnatural.

He ran down the hill and he sprinted as fast as his shifting legs could carry him, he could see the ocean right in front of him. He thanked the gods that Geun Suk lived on a hill where the water was deep.

Without hesitation, he jumped in, the water hitting his skin and he changed immediately. He could feel his tail forming, his body convulsing as he shifted back to his original form. Gathering his senses, he broke the surface and let out a huge breath.

HyunAe ran after him as she looked at the horizon, the sun was about to rise and she was almost out of time. “Crap.” She cursed loudly and the rest of the boys just followed her as she ran for the ocean.

“Where are you both going?” Minhyuk yelled, calling after them. She ignored them as she continued to let her feet take her away. They chased after her, keeping pace with their long legs and her urgency.

“Just follow, they must be changing or something.” Jonghyun said, between breaths. They followed as far as the cliff would allow and watched as HyunAe dove into the water. They shook their heads as they tried to find a way down closer to the water without killing themselves.

HyunAe dove right in and emerged her tail flickering in the sunlight. Yonghwa moved over to her, cupping her face and pressing her forehead against hers. She looked right at him, feeling regret for ever doubting him in the first place.

“We have a lot to talk about.” He told her, without pulling away. She could feel his love envelope her and she sighed for having doubted it before.

“So it would seem.” She replied, “We have time now though.” He pulled away and grabbed her hand, pulling her closer to shore where the other boys were waiting.

“Whoa.” The chorused together as they looked at the two of them. “You guys are awesome.” Jonghyun said breathlessly.

“Sorry I can’t stay to help with your popularity.” Yonghwa said as the boys gasped, hearing his voice for the first time.

“You can visit, can’t you?” Jungshin said, recovering from the shock first.

Yonghwa looked to HyunAe, “With her help, probably.” He said, before turning back to them. “I left your clothes up there. Did you see them, Minhyuk?” 

Minhyuk nodded, “Yeah I made sure to grab them before we came down here. Thanks for not ruining them.” He replied.

“Thank you for lending them to me.” Yonghwa said, moving towards deeper water. They had to hide themselves from the early birds that would come out at night to walk on the beach.

“So you got your happily ever after.” Jonghyun said, the last one to say anything.

“Yeah, thanks for helping with that, by the way.” Yonghwa told him. “I’ll be sure to visit as often as I can. But you can always find me by here after your gigs if you wanna talk. I’ll come by once a week."

“Thanks. We’ll see you around, Yonghwa. Take care of yourself.” Jonghyun said, encouraging him. They waved goodbye and Yonghwa turned to HyunAe with a smile on his face.

“Are you ready to go home?” He asked her, they drifted further and further from shore.

“I am home.” She replied, with a cheesy smile on her face, “But we should return to the castle, yes."

“Speaking of which, we do not have that much time to talk, princess.” He told her, his pace picking up as he rushed to go back to the castle.

“Why do you say that? We just got back together and you got your voice back. No one is going to stop us now.” She said, “I know that Kyuhyun lied about you."

“That’s not what I mean. Your birthday is in two days. We have to hurry back.” Yonghwa said, they dove in and sprinted for the borders of the kingdom. They had spent too long on the surface and now it was a race for time.


Author's Note;;
So I've actually finished this ;) 
Lol. but you won't get the updates until I prepare for my OCD. XD 
enjoy :D