24. ~Rejoice~

Always By Your Side

HyunAe and Yonghwa sprinted for the castle and saw that the guards were already roaming about as the sun had just set and now they were on duty to protect the royal family. The guards thought nothing of them as they swam fast, heading straight for the throne room where her father would be waiting.

They turned this way and that to reach it, Yunho was already outside waiting for them. “That took you long enough.” He chided the both of them and Yonghwa held his head down in silence, while HyunAe just looked up at him defiantly.

“Things can’t happen at an accelerated pace, you know.” She replied back, with a smile on her face. He held his arms out to her and she pulled away from Yonghwa’s hand to be enveloped in a hug by Yunho.

“I’ve missed you, baby sister.” He told her sweetly. “I can’t believe you stayed out for so long.” He pulled away from her and noticed that through her journey she had matured. Her face didn’t look as innocent as it used to, like she had experienced some hardship and emotional turmoil. It was befitting since she would need to prepared for such troubles.

“I missed you too, Yunho oppa. How mad is he?” She asked, posing the same question she always did when she made father mad. She moved back to Yonghwa and laced their fingers together again.

Yunho looked at them with a smile and shrugged at her, “I’m not sure if he’s even mad, but he is panicking over your coronation. Which is in two days and your marriage which is tomorrow.” He told her simply, “You should go in there and talk to him before he picks out everything without your consent."

She pushed on the doors with Yonghwa and they opened, revealing her father speaking with another woman who was taking notes. He didn’t notice them at first until the woman cleared and lowered her head to walk away.

“Princess! What are you doing here? I see you’re back with Yonghwa.” Her father said, chuckling. His y laugh resonated in the walls and echoed, he moved off his throne and towards them.

She moved into his arms as he wrapped her up into a hug, “Your birthday is soon. And I’m assuming you and Yonghwa have managed to figure out your differences?” He asked her, pulling away.

“Yes, Father. I had to go to the surface and see the world. But I am back.” HyunAe answered openly and her father narrowed his eyes at her.

“You know I had expressly forbid you from doing that.” He said angrily. He crossed his arms over his chest and waited for her to continue.

“I know but I had to explore in order to better myself to be a better Queen.” She replied. “I haven’t exposed our home to anyone and I have come back unharmed, is that not enough?"

He pursed his lips, unwilling to agree, just giving a curt nod. “Yonghwa was by your side?” He asked.

“Yes, I did, Your Majesty.” Yonghwa said, with a small formal bow. He had remained quiet throughout the conversation between parent and child but when addressed directly, he had to answer.

“I had to follow my heart, Father. But I’m glad Yonghwa has always been my side.” She told him, “Now what is this news of my birthday?” She asked.

“Ahh, it is in two days, so you must wed Yonghwa tomorrow and then have your coronation the next day.” Her father said simply, waving his hands for the woman to come back to take notes. She was sent in immediately and she gave a low bow.

“Now, you will consult with my daughter for tomorrow. Make sure you have everything planned.” He said, sending the woman towards HyunAe.

HyunAe looked to Yonghwa nervously and he just squeezed her hand. He seemed just as nervous as she was and she was worried, he wouldn’t be there.

“My mother is going to cry.” He whispered to her. 

“Why? Does she want to help? You should invite her to help. I will need it.” She whispered back as they turned away from the throne room and walked to the garden and wait for the lady to take notes.

“What kind of bouquet do you want to hold?” She started and HyunAe rattled off every detail she had ever considered and more. Yonghwa stayed by her side and got her refreshment as needed.

“I CANT COOK ANYTHING?!” His mother angrily yelled, rushing towards them and he shrank back in fear.

“Hello, eomeoni.” HyunAe greeted politely, with a small bow.

“Your wedding is tomorrow, that isn’t enough time for me to make any food for anyone and I can’t help and I can’t do anything? There’s only 12 hours before tomorrow how is anything possible?” She blabbered. 

“I would love it if you could make the cake, eomeoni. And if you could help me get ready since my mom has passed away.” HyunAe interjected, smoothly cutting her off before she could continue on.

“Really?” Yonghwa’s mom’s eyes glittered as she thought about that prospect. HyunAe nodded, and she got roped into a bear hug.

Yonghwa extracted her carefully, so she could breathe again.

“Okay! See you tomorrow children.” Yonghwa’s mom said in a singsong voice and swam off.


Author's Note;;
Enjoy :D