21. ~ Uncloaked~

Always By Your Side

He dashed towards her hideout, she had just come back from entertaining some of her sisters by tricking another man into falling for her. "Yah!" He shouted at her, she turned, dismissing herself from her sisters and rushing over to him.

"Kyuhyun oppa, what are you doing here?" She asked him excitedly, "Did you come here for a visit? How's things at the palace going?"

He put his hands firmly on her shoulders to snap her out of it, "Seohyun, Have you heard about Yu Jin?" He asked her plainly, "Have you heard what she can do?"

"Of course, but what does that matter? I don't have anything to ask for, you said to keep it that way." Seohyun replied back, her lips turning into a pout. Had he been anyone else but her brother, they probably would have thought it was y.

"As long as you pay her, you know that she will grant you whatever you want." Kyuhyun said, "Just ask for what you can, to your heart's content."

"What do you mean, Kyuhyun oppa? You know that this means I can't have anything." Seohyun said, shaking his hands off her shoulders, "Just like you wanted."

“This is different,” Kyuhyun told her, “I know I told you to do this, but you should know that you can have anything you want from the sea witch. You might not be able to get exactly what you want, but you can something.” He explained, “You get it, now go and see her."

“Fine, whatever you want Kyuhyun oppa.” She told him, swimming away to the sea witch’s cave. She moved inside and found the witch sitting on her throne.

“He would send you.” Yu Jin said, not even turning her head to look at Seohyun.

“I’m sorry?” Seohyun asked, moving closer so she could hear her better. The pearls around her neck glistened in the dim light, she sighed to herself as it reminded her of her true place.

“Your brother has just been informed that I do things for the price of which is equal, that I am neutral and do not pick sides. So therefore, he has sent you to ensure that the princess won’t return.” Yu Jin said, standing upright and moving towards Seohyun, “But you need to ask for the specific favor, before I can tell whether or not I grant your wish."

“I want Yonghwa to fall in love with me instead of HyunAe. I know my brother used the love potion I made on HyunAe. So you can make him love me, can’t you?” Seohyun asked her desperately, she followed Yu Jin’s lead as they moved towards her crystal ball to look at the surface.

Yu Jin waved her hand over it once to show HyunAe as she ran with the others to look for Yonghwa, “I’m sorry, but that is not a service I can provide.” She told her.

“What? You just said, you could grant me a wish if I asked you!” Seohyun said, raising her voice at her. The whine in her voice slipping and yet, her charm was still in effect to sound cute.

Yu Jin gave her a dark look, “I sad that it needed to be a specific kind of favor. And that is not one of the things in my ability to grant. You are a Siren and therefore, can have men fall in love with you, but you cannot have a single man in your heart. And yet you do, this is against Fate and you must let it go.” She explained, without explaining anything. It just raised more and more questions in Seohyun’s head.

“What do you mean Fate? It’s Fate for them to be together?” Seohyun asked shrilly. “There’s no way, he’s a nobody, she’s the Princess. He shouldn’t been Fated to be with her."

“Do not judge others based on status in front of me.” Yu Jin warned her sharply, “Love does not care about society, and neither does Fate. It is Fate for them to be together, I cannot cross Fate as she helps me grant my wishes, she is the writer of this story. And they are destined to be together.” 

“Then what did you mean by a specific wish? Was my wish not specific enough?” She countered.

“It was not the right wish.” Yu Jin answered simply, “I cannot cause either one of them to fall out of love with each other. The love potion that your brother requested was just an illusion, if she experienced anything that would break that illusion, the potion would disappear.” She turned to Seohyun, “What can I do is make obstacles. If you had asked, make her take longer to find Yonghwa, I could have done that. If you had asked, make sure she doesn’t find him until the last possible moment, I could do that as well. What you asked was nothing like that, and therefore, un-grantable."

“I’m asking for the other things you said now. I want her to have trouble finding Yonghwa, I need her to stay away.” Seohyun begged, another singular tear falling from her eyes. She caught the pearl in time and added it on to her necklace.

“I can’t. You didn’t come to that conclusion yourself, therefore, it is not your own wish but an implanted wish and also un-grantable. Your chance is up, dear Siren, please leave my cave.” Yu Jin said, turning her back and moving deeper into the dark cave.

“No! Why can’t it be me?” Seohyun said, crying and begging some more, she picked up every single pearl that she cried and just added it on to her collection. She had collected so many already and yet, here she was adding more.

Defeated, she picked herself up and went back to the other Sirens, her brother would be so disappointed since she failed. But there no hope left.

— 

“Where is he?” HyunAe asked, as she picked up her feet quickly and started walking towards the town.

“I have an idea, but you’re not going to like it.” Jonghyun said, his long legs easily keeping pace with her.

“Tell me.” She said, not breaking her stride.

“Jang Geun Suk must have taken him for ruining his plans with you.” Jonghyun said and that caused HyunAe to pause. They all turned back to find her frozen in her tracks. 

“Why? What kind of person is he?” She asked them, Jonghyun grabbed her hand and forced her to keep walking as they had to hurry to find Geun Suk’s house.

“He’s not the prince, first of all, Hongki is the prince of the town.” Jungshin started, as they walked some more towards his hideout.

“So where are we going then? He always took me to a castle.” HyunAe said. “If he’s not really the prince.” 

“Castle? Where?” Minhyuk frowned, “But we are going to his hideout, he is actually a thief so he has a house where he keeps all his goods and his money. We know Yonghwa has to be there if Geun Suk has taken him.” 

“He’s a thief?” They walked up a hill together towards a more mucky, gritty side of the town. A side that HyunAe had never seen before. 

“Yes, he steals things to make money. And the reason why he wanted you is because he knows what you are.” Jonghyun said carefully, looking at HyunAe.

Her eyes widened, “How do you know? How can I even trust you then?” She gasped, staring at them. She twisted her hand to get it out of his grip but he refused to let go. He stopped her from hurting herself, and grabbed her shoulders. 

“We can’t convince you to trust us right now, but know that Yonghwa was the one who told us and we are trying to find a happy ending for the two of you. Geun Suk is bad, and you’ll see why soon enough.” Jonghyun said, practically carrying her further up the hill to get in front of the shabby shack that Geun Suk was in.

They found two of his guards waiting for them and their smiles had an eerily evil air to them. “Princess HyunAe, he’s been expecting you.” They gestured for her to go inside and she clung to Jonghyun once more.

“I won’t go without them.” She said defiantly, grasping the situation at hand. “You have to let them come with me, if he wants to get his prize.”

They turned towards each other before gesturing for her to enter again, “Very well. But you should know, he is expecting you.” They said, and she marched forward towards the shack. She felt the fear run up and down her body as she tried to steel her nerves to go in there. The house had a permanent black cloud over it as it cast a dark shadow over the sun. If Yonghwa was in there, she needed to get him out, she couldn’t stand him being in there alone.

“Come on, we must keep going.” Jonghyun urged, going forward.


Author's Note;;
Update~ :3 lol. 
i'm getting kinda writing-hungry since we are nearing the good parts :D
so here's an update and I have another update ready for tomorrow~
enjoy :D