15. ~Popular~

Always By Your Side

"Did you see that? All the girls that were dying for Yonghwa but then he didn't want any of them so they flocked back to us?" Minhyuk said excitedly.

“You do know makes you like his leftovers right, Minhyuk?” Jungshin said, bursting his bubble. “But I mean some of them did like you too."

Minhyuk shook his head, “It doesn’t matter, one day I will sing and then they will love me too. But Yonghwa, did you see your girl today?” Minhyuk asked him.

Yonghwa shook his head no and sighed sadly. He felt a hand on his shoulder and saw Jonghyun’s reassuring smile looking back at him. "Don't worry too much about it. We have another performance tomorrow and after the show you put on, she's bound to come." He assured him.

Yonghwa nodded in response, accepting it. There was nothing he could do if she didn't show up, but he had to have hope that she would come to one of the performances one night. They all dragged their feet back to the house before collapsing in bed, tired from the long day. But this was just the beginning, they had to get their name out there and soon, they would be very busy.

~

They walked back down to the bar, Yonghwa carrying the guitar with him this time. They spoke around him and he listened to every word they said. He couldn't interact with them but they still made him smile and want to laugh at times. 

"Yonghwa, you're not going to sing first this time. You're going to sing at the end, it'll make the girls stay longer and anticipate your performance." Jungshin told him. Yonghwa simply nodded and sat on the side with his guitar.

“We will start with our signature song, Blind Love.” Jungshin instructed as they all started to play. The girls trickled in as their sound carried out into the streets, there was much anticipation for Yonghwa’s performance as girls brought their friends, classmates, and everyone they knew.

The room was filled to the brim with girls just eagerly listening and watching them perform while waiting for Yonghwa’s voice as well. He looked at all of them before focusing back on the music, he didn’t see a familiar face.

The suspense was over as Jonghyun gestured for him to switch spots and he moved to sing his song once more while Jonghyun played the guitar. It was effortless as he sang his heart out for HyunAe, to see her, to hold her in his arms again. He just wanted her to be safe.

 

saranghae saranghaeyo

geudaereul saranghaeyo

maljocha motagoseo

geudaereul geureoke bonaenneyo

 

He closed his eyes again, imagining he was singing for her in that tower again. He didn’t want to see all these girls here, he just wanted HyunAe. He sang the last note as he felt wetness fall from his eyes. He turned around quickly to make sure the pearl wasn’t seen and he slipped it into his pocket.

All the girls screamed as he finished the song and rushed towards the stage. Immediately, Jungshin stood up to gather their things, carrying it all while fiercely protecting them with his intimidating height. They slipped out the door, leaving the girls behind in wonder.

“Wow, that was really good.” Jungshin commented about Yonghwa’s performance, “You really moved all of them.” 

Yonghwa shrugged his shoulders in answer, he wasn’t thinking about them. “It’s because he was thinking about the girl.” Jonghyun said teasingly, with his arm around Yonghwa’s shoulders. “Right, right? She’s the only one who can make you feel like that huh, Yonghwa?” He asked.

Yonghwa nodded his head in agreement. No one could move his heart the way HyunAe could, after all he had learned so much about her just from being honest and she was honest. And kind. And innocent. And everything he ever thought about.

“Yup, that’s why Yonghwa doesn’t need any of the girls in there.” Jonghyun said, as they walked out onto the street and back towards the house. They had managed to escape them this time, but they would have to prepare for the stampede of next time.

The streets were surprisingly not empty at this time as there were some people walking about, mostly couples though holding hands. They lingered longer to stretch out their time together and Yonghwa missed that about HyunAe. He looked around and saw a girl who looked like her from the back. But rather her hair was different, he sighed, she was still missing.

“Don’t worry about it so much, Yonghwa.” Jonghyun said assuringly to him.

“Yonghwa?” 


Author's Note;;
A little bit on the shorter side. sorry ><
But I have more in store for you guys as I will try to finish this by this month :o 
we shall weave something a bit more complicated and hopefully something unexpected :3
Please enjoy :D