19. ~Feeling~

Always By Your Side

The week passed by quickly and with Hongki’s help, the boys were able to get the stadium ready for their concert faster than a month. The flyers went out and girls came in droves to buy the tickets. Their sales pitch was that Yonghwa had a surprise for all the fans and all of them wanted to hear him sing more. They worked tirelessly, day in and day out, to prepare, they practiced and practiced, until all of them had more callouses than they could count.

“Are you ready for this?” Jonghyun asked Yonghwa, they each had one guitar as they trudged over to the venue. The speakers and mics were already set up, as well as Minhyuk’s drums. 

Yonghwa let out a sigh and shrugged, it was his honest answer. He had no idea how HyunAe would react to the plan, he had this one chance and if this failed, then he had no other choice but to give up.

“Have hope, hyung.” Minhyuk said, patting his back. “Besides, you’re wearing my clothes. You can’t be depressed wearing my clothes.” He gestured at the casual street style Yonghwa had on.

Yonghwa nodded and put a smile on his face as they continued walking.

~

She dragged Geun Suk along as they walked towards the stadium. He was protesting the whole way but she had bought them both tickets with the allowance he gave her and if he wasn’t going to go, then she would go alone.

And he couldn’t risk that.

“Can we leave early?” He whined, while trying to pout cutely at her. He hated that she was giving so much attention to this other guy. He had worked too hard for this fail now, he had to try and get her attention back and so far, he was failing.

“No, I want to support Yonghwa oppa until the end of the concert. Once it’s over then we can leave.” She answered, they turned around the corner and fell into the line of fangirls that were waiting to get into the concert. “Whoa.” 

Geun Suk shook his head in frustration, this was going to be a long day. “Fine. Let’s stay then. Whatever.” He said angrily. It would take them hours but they finally got into the stadium and her tickets were actually front row, by some persuasion of the band members and she sat with Geun Suk in the front.

He crouched low in seat, covering his eyes. He had already gotten his money back and he had no reason to be here but he thought about the bigger picture. The benefit of giving into her this once and how he would earn her trust was more important than his lack of compassion for crowds. A drum roll picked up as they got ready to start.

Jonghyun was up at the mic and smiled, “Ready to get started?” He crooned, he had ben practicing it all week and he managed to get some girls to scream for his voice.

“We have a special treat for you all but you’re going to have to wait a bit. But I’m sure you will enjoy it.” He said, before moving back to play a few songs.

They got through a whole set before Jonghyun gestured to switch spots with Yonghwa. He nodded, setting his guitar to the side and sat alone in front of the mic. Jonghyun set up with the acoustic guitar and they nodded once before they got started.

 

ttokgateun hanure neul gateun haru

geudaega eomneun geot malgoneun

dallajin ge eomneunde

nan bonaen jul artjyo da namgim eobsi

anijyo anijyo nan ajik geudareul mot bonaejyo

 

geuriwo geuriwoseo geudaega geuriwoseo

maeil nan honjaseoman

geudaereul bureugo bulleobwayo

bogopa bogopaseo geudaega bogaopaseo

ije nana seupgwancheoreom

geudae iremman bureuneyo oneuldo

 

nan bonaen jul aratjyo da namgim eobsi

anijyo anijyo nan ajik geudaereul mot bonaetjyo

 

geuriwo geuriwoseo geudaega geuriwoseo

maeil nan honjaseoman

geudaereul bureugo bulleobwayo

bogopa bogopaseo geudega bogopaseo

ije nan seupgwancheoreom

geudae ireumman bureuneyo oneuldo

 

haruharuga jugeul geotman gateunde

eotteoke haeya haeyo

 

saranghae saranghaeyo

geudaereul saranghaeyo

moljocha motagoseo

geudaereul geureoke bonaenneyo

mianhae mianhaeyo nae mari deullinayo

dwineujeun nae gobaegeul

geudaen deureul su isseulkkayo

saranghaeyo

 

He looked at HyunAe as he sang the last chorus and she didn’t waver in keeping eye contact with him either. He gave a small bow at the end of his performance and all the girls continued to scream, but HyunAe drowned it all out.

That song was their song, it was special just for her and he just shared it with the world. He had only looked at her as he sang, but he had shared it with the rest of the girls on the concert. She needed to know why.

“Wasn’t that amazing, everyone? We need to take a break, but please enjoy the video we have for you guys about our history.” Jonghyun said, gesturing for the others to get off the stage.

HyunAe stood up and Geun Suk looked at her, “We can leave?” He asked her.

“No, but I really have to use the bathroom, so I’ll be right back.” She said, not even looking at him and running off. She moved towards backstage and no one seemed to stop her, in fact, they all opened doors for her to go through.

She saw him, walking with the others, Jonghyun’s arm around his shoulders as they walked further. She picked up her pace into a run and took off, trying to catch up to them.

“Yonghwa oppa!” She yelled and he turned around to see her out of breath. He stopped and ran to meet her halfway.

“Go get her.” Jonghyun cheered silently, before walking off with the other band members.

She stopped to catch her breath and he waited for her to. She looked at him and she could see the worry in his eyes for her. Taking in a deep breath, she asked the most important question that was on her mind, “What was that about? I thought that song was special, just between the both of us? Why did you just share it with the world? Does that mean we meant nothing?” She blabbered on, question after question escaping and not letting him answer any of them.

Yonghwa cupped her face and pulled her close, kissing her lips passionately to shut her up. he held her there, she was frozen in shock at first but soon she relaxed, and grabbed onto his shirt. He felt her body heat up and cool quickly, he opened his eyes and saw a faint glimmer peeling off her skin. He shook off his confusion as he continued to kiss her, he put all of his feelings into the kiss, showing her his heart and soul.

He loved her, he never tricked her, he wanted her for her. He would never let her think he was his second priority, he wanted her to have everything she wanted and more. He wanted her to know that he loved her with every fiber of his being.

When he finally pulled away, he let out the breath that he didn’t realize he had been holding. HyunAe looked at him scared as her confusion came back in full force. She shook her head and ran off, she needed to talk to someone. She needed someone to tell her what was going on, she needed a clear mind. And her time was running out.

She ran for the one place of comfort that she knew. She ran for the most level-headed person she had known her whole life. She ran for the sea.

Yonghwa sighed as she ran away from him again. He had probably failed for sure this time.  But he had tried everything so he had given it his best effort. If it wasn’t HyunAe, then he didn’t need his voice. She was what he wanted, and he could live alone if he couldn’t have her.

He turned back around to go back to the other band members and froze again.

"You little ."


Author's Note;;
Okay, second update on Yonghwa x HyunAe :D
And then I'm done for a bit lol. I have to update my other fics. :o 
But we shall see this through til the end :D enjoy :3