02. ~Stay By My Side~

Always By Your Side

"Your Majesty! She's back!" The people scrambling about called out.

She felt their gazes as Yong Hwa held her hand continuing to lead her towards the throne.

"Call the search party off!" She heard her brother yell when they entered the Grand Hall.

"Don't worry about him." Yong Hwa told her. "I can talk for you if you want." He offered.

HyunAe shook her head, "It's my fault, I have to take responsibility."

They reached the bottom of the stairs, where HyunAe could see her father and brother looking down at them.

He emanated anger and the surrounding people left the room immediately, only Yong Hwa stayed behind, holding her hand.

"Young lady, didn't I tell you that you had to be home by sundown?" Her father said in a calm voice, his anger not showing.

"I lost track of time, Father." She said slowly, looking down.

Yong Hwa turned to her and smiled, squeezing her hand once, he turned to the King and gave him a smile as well. "She was near the outskirts, playing fish but it seems that she was distracted by her near surroundings." He explained.

The King leaned forward in his chair slightly to look down at him, "And just who are you, young man?" He said.

Yong Hwa bowed lowly, "My name is Yong Hwa and the Princess was near my house when I found out she was lost. I escorted her back here, knowing you were probably worried." He told him.

The King pursed his lips together, "I see. You know your way around the kingdom, young man?" He asked.

Yong Hwa nodded, "Neh. I have been everywhere in your kingdom. I help deliver food for those that can't get it themselves." He said.

"I see. You helped her back here?" The King asked.

"Yes, it wasn't safe for her to come back alone." Yong Hwa answered.

The King nodded and small smile gracing his lips, "Go to your room, young lady. You will receive your punishment later." He said sternly.

HyunAe nodded sadly before turning to Yong Hwa, she gave him a smile of appreciation, letting go of his hand and going towards her room.

He watched her go, noticing the empty feeling he had, when his hand wasn't in hers.

"Young man." The King said.

"Ahhh... Yes?" Yong Hwa bowed his head.

"For tonight, go home and tell your mother that I want you all to move closer to the castle. I will pay for the house, from now on, I would like you to stay by my daughter's side." The King said.

Yong Hwa turned his head slightly, "I'm sorry... But what?" He asked in a polite tone.

The King smiled, "You helped get her safely back here. And I want you go always stay with her now. I wil ensure that your mother and father receive well-paying jobs to afford the expenses, I just want you next to my daughter at all times." He explained.

Yong Hwa raised his hand slightly, "So if I understand this properly, then you will pay to move my family from the outskirts to a place near the castle so I can be some sort of bodyguard for your daughter?" He asked.

The King chuckled, "Don't say it like that, son. You make it seem like I want to pay you to follow her around. Just think of it as you have my approval to be her friend."

"Why does the Princess need a person such as me though? I'm just a guy from middle class, I'm not an elite." Yong Hwa asked.

The King considered his question, "As you know by now, my daughter likes to explore a lot. And I would feel much safer if she was friends with someone who could get her home safely no matter what." He explained.

"Who knows if this all leads to something bigger, you might be my son-in-law one day." The King laughed.

"Father!" Yunho whispered angrily at him.

The King gave him a dismissive wave, "I'm only kidding, Yunho. I know how you feel the need to approve who sees your sister."

"Can we really trust him?" Yunho asked quietly.

"He has already proven his worth by bringing her back here without a second thought." His father whispered to him.

Yunho nodded, "You are right, I prefer him over those ambitious elites that would try to use her against you." He said.

"It's settled then." The King bellowed loudly, "Yong Hwa, please tell your mother tonight to pack up. You will all move tomorrow."

Yong Hwa bowed lowly, "I understand, Your Majesty."


Author's Note;
Yonghwa :) <3 hehe :3
Hope you guys enjoy this ^^V
Yunho is her older brother!!