18. ~Betrayal~

Always By Your Side

“You will do this favor for me, sea witch?” Kyuhyun asked her.

“It’s not a favor, Kyuhyun.” Yu Jin remarked coldly, his treatment of her was less than polite, but what else would she expect from an elite. “You have to pay me for it."

Kyuhyun sighed to her, “Don’t you want to see the royal family fall? This is the best way to guarantee it.” He said to her.

She narrowed her eyes at him, “Even if that’s what I want, my services do not come for free, pay me or else, do this yourself.” She threatened, "If you think you even can."

He glared back at her, holding out some money to her, "Fine, take it." He said, shaking his hand firmly at her.

"I do not take money, you silly fool. But I will take something else. If you do not become King, then I will take your dignity from you. You must step down from your post and live out in the countryside. This is your payment for this request of yours." Yu Jin told him smoothly.

He pocketed the money and dared to move closer, "Excuse me? But what do you mean if I do not become King? Are you saying that this will be free if I do?" He asked her.

Yu Jin gave him a wry smile, "I would never charge the King for my services. So that's why payment is only if you do not become King." She explained away, "Now do you want this to be done or not?"

He dashed into the cave, fuming, he had just heard the news that the commoner had gone after the princess. The sea witch was sitting casually on her throne when he barged in, "Yah!" He yelled at her.

Yu Jin threw a glance at him as she sighed, "You're back, what is it this time?" She asked, "You want me to cast a spell on the Princess?"

Kyuhyun swam right up to her, "You! I thought I told you to make sure she would never return!" He said angrily.

She picked at her nails, they were a little uneven, she would have to fix that later, "I have never said that." She answered bluntly, “You paid me to give her the love potion for your human and that’s what I did.” 

“YAH! That good-for-nothing commoner followed her up there! After everything I did to tear them apart! I know you helped him! There’s no other way a merman can grow legs, we do not make potions.” Kyuhyun shouted, raising his voice at her. His seething rage causing his body to shake, he clenched his fists to prevent himself from escalating further.

Yu Jin got up off her throne, hands on her hips and approached him, “So what if I helped him? He paid me for my services and I gave him legs, what’s the big deal?” The calmness of her voice reflecting just how much her anger boiled beneath her skin. Her composure made her far scarier, as her wrath bubbled. Her hair easily billowed ominously and Kyuhyun’s resolve faltered slightly.

“You were supposed to be helping me! The love potion will lose effect if he makes her question her feelings for him! And they will return, I am not King yet!” He screeched frantically. 

She backed away slightly, “That is not my problem. I do not take sides, I am merely a mediator, I know the people of the kingdom are aware of this, so I do not see why you are not. I help whoever pays me, but I am neutral.” Her tone dying down until she started to sound bored. “Now, leave. Remember what you owe me, should you fail.” She sat back down in her throne and turned away from him.

Kyuhyun let out a frustrated groan before taking off, he had to start his takeover now or else, he would lose everything. As soon as he returned, he gathered all the elites and told them of his plan, they would eliminate the King and then they would vote him into power since HyunAe was not available.

He grabbed a small knife as well as a bottled brew of deadly poison that he had his dear sister make for him. He approached the King’s quarters slightly, he had already bribed all the guards around the King so they left him unprotected while Kyuhyun could fulfill his plan. The bedroom door was closed and he approached the handle slowly, it easily turned in his palm and it flung open without his control.

“I knew you would try something.” Yunho said, greeting him. Kyuhyun gasped as he hid the knife behind his back and lowered his head.

“Prince, what are you doing here? I was just here to see the King, I wanted to inform him of some dreadful gossip that I had heard.” Kyuhyun lied blatantly. He sighed to himself, cursing inwardly, this plan had failed.

“I was here to check up on my father as I had also heard some dreadful gossip. But it seems the gossip I heard was the truth, as you are here.” Yunho smirked, “With a weapon. I should fire those guards."

“You have no idea what you’re dealing with. I have too many people on my side for you to fight me.” Kyuhyun threatened, “You might as well just give it up now.” 

Yunho shrugged casually, “You may be right. But until HyunAe’s 21st birthday, you have no power.” He said, “And I highly doubt that you will gain any in the future either.” 

“HyunAe’s 21st birthday is fast approaching, are you sure that little girl is ready to be Queen?” Kyuhyun countered venomously, “I’m sure many would agree that there are others far more capable than her."

“You never know. She is more experienced than you at knowing what the people want. And whoever her husband is, he should be able to help her understand them even further.” Yunho  smiled, shutting the door on Kyuhyun and locking it.

He glared at the air while the anger radiating off his person. There was only one thing left to do, if the sea witch didn’t take sides, then he would need to force her hand to do other favor. But this time, it wouldn’t be him asking.


Author's Note;;
UPDATE :D but just fyi, I won't be leaving you hanging on the whole Yonghwa x HyunAe situation~
there's another update coming :D just wait for it <3 
Enjoy :D