17. ~Bait~

Always By Your Side

The next morning, the four of them went out into the streets with their gear and some chairs. They decided to perform a live show for people to see and donate money, Jungshin had already made the phone call to the prince and the plan was set for the day. Yonghwa only needed to follow their lead and be aware of HyunAe’s presence when they arrived.

They picked the town square where people walked past at least once a day and set up in a corner. Yonghwa sat with a guitar while Jonghyun sat center as he prepared to sing for the crowd.

"Let's just play our album." Jungshin suggested, as a crowd of girls started to gather. Jonghyun nodded before he started to sing and they all played along.

Soon enough, a large crowd gathered and they smiled at each other. Yonghwa looked around and saw HyunAe in the crowd and he gave the signal to the others. Jonghyun nodded, not missing a beat in his lyrics. He sang the rest of the song, before cutting the music off, and he grabbed the mic and smiled. The girls around them swooned and he told them to quiet down, "Hello, everyone, this is Wave, we warmly invite you to listen to us all day today. If you enjoy the music, then we please ask you to donate some of your money or time to our new event that will be coming up next month. We plan to host a concert, at the stadium here and then we shall allow all of our fans to come and join us, rather than having you guys cramped up in the bar.” Jonghyun explained, “So please, help us achieve this dream!"

Flocks of girls ran up to give what they could to the donation box and others gave more. HyunAe tugged on Geun Suk’s arm, “Can we go to the concert too?” She asked him.

“Why would you want to go to the concert?” He replied back, “They’re rather boring, don’t you think?” 

She shook her head, “No, I like their songs. It feels rather nostalgic to listen to them play.” She answered. “You don’t like it?"

He frowned, “No, I don’t like it. Are you ready to leave?” He asked, rolling his shoulders in anticipation. 

This time HyunAe frowned back, “No, let me go donate something to them.” She said, walking over to give some small bills. Geun Suk rolled his eyes and followed her through the herd of people.

She reached the box and smiled at all of them, putting in two small bills that Geun Suk had managed to give her as allowance. “Are you ready now?” He asked her impatiently.

“Oh, Geun Suk!” A loud voice boomed through the crowd. The people parted immediately to reveal the owner of the voice. “I was hoping to see you here! Are you donating to the band?” He asked.

Geun Suk turned and lowered his head slightly, “Hongki. What are you doing here?” He asked, turning to HyunAe. She didn’t sense that anything was wrong, but rather she was excited to see a new face.

“I am here to present my donation to these wonderful people. I believe they should perform at the stadium if they so wish.” Hongki said rather dramatically, as two men brought two big chests of what HyunAe assumed to be bills. “I am donating rather a lot actually, $50,000?” He boasted loudly.

The entire crowd clapped for him in awe and happiness. “Oh! That’s so much!” HyunAe gasped loudly, tugging Geun Suk’s sleeve. “Won’t you help them too, Prince Geun Suk? You don’t have anything that could help them?"

Geun Suk sighed as Hongki stood there fluttering his eyes, “I have more than enough to donate to them. I can donate $100,000!” He said competitively glaring at Hongki. His men brought up four chests to donate to the band.

Jonghyun turned to Yonghwa and gave him a sly thumbs up, this was all going according to plan. “Thank you so much, generous princes.” Jonghyun said, bowing lowly to show his respect. 

“We will make sure we put on a good show for you.” Jungshin added, as he bowed as well. His smirk to Hongki not missed by Yonghwa.

“Why, thank you!” Hongki said, before turning his back on all of them. The crowd parted before him as he made his exit.

“You’re so cool!” HyunAe squealed as the men set the chests before the band. “I’m sure they can get the stadium now."

Geun Suk pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration, “Yes, I’m sure.” He sighed, beckoning one of his men over. “Go ask the band for autographs and then we are out of here, HyunAe.” He told her and she ran towards Wave.

He leaned in closely to his servant and growled, “Do whatever it takes to get that money back. It better be in my house by sunrise tomorrow, or else I will make sure no one finds your body.” He threatened. The man nodded his understanding before slipping away to keep watch of the chests.

Yonghwa smiled at HyunAe as she came over to them. “I can get a ticket right? To the concert?” She asked excitedly.

Jonghyun answered, “Of course you can. Just make sure you will be there, okay?” It shouldn’t take long because of the generous donations but we need to make sure everything is set up for us to play there.” He took someone’s pen as he started to give out some autographs.

“That’s good. I will see you guys in concert.” She said, smiling. “Yonghwa oppa, you’ll sing too right?” She asked.

Yonghwa stuttered as he roused from his gaze on her, he nodded slowly.

“Good. I will see you guys soon then! Thank gosh, Prince Geun Suk donated you guys some money!” She said, waving goodbye and going back to Geun Suk.

“Does that girl even know who the real prince is?” One of the fans muttered, “She’s not with the prince.” 

Jonghyun smiled at them and they all swooned again, “We know, but that man has been lying to her and she’s new around here. Don’t worry, we will make sure she recognizes Prince Hongki next time.” He assured them as he finished up the autographs. “Okay, we will continue playing now so feel free to sit and listen!” He said, going back to the mic and pulling his guitar forward.

Now, they just had to wait for the concert, and soon the truth would come out.


Author's Note;;
update :D <3 lol. :3
Like I said, I plan to finish this soon :3
Hopefully you guys stick it out with me <3