13. ~Wave~

Always By Your Side

Jonghyun lifted Yonghwa up into the house and Minhyuk helped find some paper. They had a pen lying around somewhere and their other band member was already sleeping.

"So what's your name?" Jonghyun asked again now that they had a way to communicate.

Yonghwa wrote down his name in the only language he knew which was his native tongue with the other mermaids. He looked down at the paper and wasn’t sure if the humans could read it. 

They looked at the paper and stared at it, puzzled for a moment before smiling, “Oh, Yonghwa? Nice name.” Jonghyun said. “So how do you know the thief?” 

Yonghwa looked at the two guys, puzzled again. There was no way they could read his mermaid language could they? He wrote out a simple sentence about how HyunAe was with the thief and he needed to find her.

This time Minhyuk stole the paper from him before he could even finish what he wanted to write.”Your friend is needs to find?” Minhyuk asked, tilting his head to side in confusion.

“Yah! You idiot, give the paper back, obviously he wasn’t finished writing what he wanted to say.” Jonghyun said, snatching the piece of paper away from Minhyuk and giving it back to Yonghwa. “Finish your sentence."

Yonghwa looked up at him in surprise as he looked back down at the paper. What he had written wasn’t what Minhyuk had said and he stared puzzled, but Jonghyun kept urging him to keep writing so he continued on.

He heard a soft whisper that barely reached his ears, “Translation is part of my magic.” It said and he knew instinctively that it was Yu Jin’s voice that had whispered to him. He ended his sentence and he handed the paper to Jonghyun.

“Your friend is with him and you need to find her.” Jonghyun read aloud, he raised his eyebrow at Yonghwa. “Is she your girlfriend?” 

Yonghwa’s face lit up but then he slumped. HyunAe wasn’t really his girlfriend or whatever the term was. They were friends and he liked her as more than a friend but she never really seemed to accept that.

“Ahhh… One-sided love then?” Jonghyun said, watching Yonghwa’s body language as an answer to his own question. Yonghwa shrugged again and let out a sigh. 

“Don’t worry about it too much!” Minhyuk said excitedly, “You’ll get her back.” 

“But can you sing?” Jonghyun asked him, “We can help you find her if you can sing.” Yonghwa nodded but put one finger up. “Only one song?” 

He nodded again. “Sing it for us.” Another guy said finally, coming out another room. Yonghwa looked at him, tilting his head to the side like Minhyuk did.

“Don’t worry about him, he’s another member of our band. His name is Jungshin.” Jonghyun said, introducing his friend. “But you should sing for us.” 

Yonghwa nodded this time, accepting the introduction before taking in a deep breath and closing his eyes. He remembered sharing the song with HyunAe the first time and how excited it had made her.

 

geuriwo geuriwoseo geudaega geuriwoseo

maeil nan honjaseoman geudaereul bureugo bulleobwayo

bogopa bogopaseo geudaega bogopaseo

ije nan seupgwancheoreom geudae ireuman bureuneyo

oneuldo

 

He stopped singing because he wanted to keep the other verses that he sang just for HyunAe a secret if he could. He opened his and saw that the other three guys had their jaws dropped in awe.

“Wow, you’re really good. You sing with such emotion and it hits your heart. You definitely need to find this girl huh?” Jonghyun said teasingly, nudging Yonghwa’s arm.

“You have to perform with us. All of the girls would go crazy for you.” Minhyuk exclaimed. “And then we could finally have groupies!"

“You can stay here with us if you perform with us. We need more people to know about us. And by word of mouth, your girl is bound to show up.” Jungshin said to him. 

Yonghwa shrugged and nodded his head, he grabbed the piece of paper and wrote out one last sentence. “But I can only sing that one song. There’s something a bit strange about me, but I can’t say.” Jonghyun read aloud.

“That’s fine, everyone’s back story is different. What matters is the music.” Jungshin said, giving a dismissive wave and heading back into his room.

“Come, I can show you your room!” Minhyuk jumped up and down excitedly.

“Trust me, don’t mind him. He’s like on sugar all the time or something.” Jonghyun said, following them up the stairs to the other bedrooms.

“We can’t really afford a place like this, Jungshin’s dad is helping support our endeavor and so far, we’ve been able to pay him back slowly for buying us this place. But with you, we could probably earn more money faster.” Jonghyun explained, “Plus you’re not bad looking."

Yonghwa rolled his eyes at the both of them again, he wasn’t about to used to get girls, besides HyunAe was the only one in his eyes.

“I know, I know. You only care about that one girl, right?” Jonghyun guessed. “I’m just saying, your looks could help us make more money and make a name for ourselves. If you could play an instrument then that could be helpful too. But that’s for tomorrow. You should sleep now. And we won’t let other girls try to get you no matter what Minhyuk says. I know how you feel.” He assured him.

Yonghwa nodded with a smile on his face. This Jonghyun guy could potentially be a good friend to him, if only he didn’t have to leave once he found HyunAe. They might become brothers, all of them could actually.

“This is your room, it’s the guest room so it’s a bit bland for now, but you can decorate it however you want later.” Jonghyun said, opening the door as Minhyuk jumped up and down in happiness.

“So just wake up around 10am tomorrow? And then we shall see you in the morning. Oh also, in case you were wondering, our band name is called Wave. And you’ll see why tomorrow.” Jonghyun said, smiling and pushing the hyperactive Minhyuk down the hallway and away from Yonghwa.

Yonghwa sighed to himself as he laid on the bed, he was lucky to run into such nice people from the moment he got to the surface. But what was he going to do about his secret? He surely couldn’t tell them, he knew that humans didn’t believe mermaids existed anymore. So he needed to have some sort of explanation, didn’t he?

But would they still accept him if they knew? These thoughts swirled around his mind as worry from HyunAe also mixed in. He couldn’t help but think that whoever the thief was, was taking advantage of her in some way.

She wouldn’t know any better. That would settle it, he had to make sure Wave got popular so that he could find HyunAe faster. He needed to save her so she could save him, but could he save her from her doubts?


Author's Note;;
So you guys. Just to give you guys an update~ I'm in Korea right now~ on exchange for a semester :D
Yaaay me :3 lol. but updates will be written but they might not have a set schedule.. >~> the courseload here is different from home.
And on top of that, I go out and adventure LOL. <3 but anyway :3
Enjoy this update :D I'm going to the exo concert on friday. and I saw on one of the kpop sites, Yonghwa as Prince Eric :D <3
IT'S AS IF THIS WAS MEANT TO BE LOL. :D ENJOY :3