P - Pain

Bang Family ABC's Drabbles. ♡

P - Pain

Junhong is fourteen when he breaks his first bone. It's his left leg and it had hurt so bad. 

He was at the dance studio after practice. Dance ended an hour ago but he wanted to perfect his moves so he stayed after by himself. 

Jongup had left immediately when class ended to meet up with his girlfriend, Soojung. They had just started dating and Jongup was already ditching him for Soojung.

It hurts on the inside but Junhong will never admit out loud to his best friend. He doesn't need Jongup if this is how it’s going to be. He has other friends like Jongin and Sehun.

Junhong was going over his dance routine, which required him to land on his feet. He did the move perfectly before landing on his left foot first before his right.

But then, he heard a crack and a horrible pain shot through his left foot. It was so excruciating that he ended up falling on his side instead, a hand clutching his left foot, hoping to stop the pain.

He slowly tried to move his leg but the pain is too unbearable. He looked around for his phone and realized it was in his bag, which was on the other side of the room.

Junhong, desperate and in horrible pain, dragged himself towards his bag by sliding on the floor. It was painful but not as painful as his leg. 

When he reached his bag, he ripped open the zipper and reached for his phone. The phone came to life when he flipped it open and he quickly dialed his Umma's number, something he knew by heart. 

"Hello?" Himchan answered after three rings.

"Umma. I think I broke my leg." Junhong can practically imagine his mother freaking out on the other line. 

"What? Jello, where are you? How bad does it hurt? Don't move! Appa and I are coming now. Are you at the studio still?" His mother's endless questions barely leave him any time to respond.

"Yeah, I'm at the studio. Inside.  On the floor. Umma, please hurry, it hurts." Junhong never whines but he does when it comes to his umma.

"I know, baby. Appa and I are coming. Hang in there. BANG YONGGUK, LET'S GO!" 

Junhong tries to entertain himself as he sits on the studio floor, waiting for his parents. The pain in his leg is still severe but he's trying to keep it inside. He wants to cry but he won't let himself. He's fourteen and he isn't a crybaby anymore. 

The last time he cried was when his dad killed his beloved frog and flushed it down the toilet before Junhong could find out. When he did, he refused to speak to his dad for a whole week and clung to his mom the whole time like a baby koala.

Ten minutes passed and Junhong was still sitting on the floor. He's almost about to give up hope when the door burst open, revealing his parents. He waved to them from the floor and they rush over, frantic and worried. Well, Himchan was frantic and worried.

~

Monday rolls around and Junhong has the decision of staying home with his dad or going to school. He wants to stay home but he knows if he misses even a day of school, he'll have a lot to catch up on so he decides to go.

Junhong sits in the passenger side of his dad’s SUV with his crutches in the backseats, along with his backpack. The drive is short and they pull up in the school parking lot ten minutes after leaving the house.

Junhong opened the door and waited for his Appa to give him his crutches. They're going to be his best friend for the next 8 weeks.

"You okay?" Yongguk asks as the pair heads towards the nurses office to tell her that Junhong is excused from physical education for the next 8 weeks. 

"Yeah, it doesn't hurt that much right now." Junhong says as he crutches alongside his father. His father is carrying his backpack since he can't.

School starts in half an hour so the hallways are mostly empty except for some few people who enjoy coming to school early.

"If it starts hurting badly, just call me and I'll pick you up, okay?" Yongguk tells his son who nods.

They make it to the nurse's office where Mrs. Kim is sitting and his father hands over the paperwork from the doctor. She tells Junhong to report to her office when he has gym and he can do his homework there. He nods and follows his father out. 

They make their way towards the main hallway, where he spots Sehun and Jongin. The two notice him and walk over. They greet Yongguk first and he hands his son his backpack. Sehun takes it because he knows he’ll be helping Junhong a lot since the boy is crippled. 

 

Yongguk smiles at the boy. He’s Kris and Joonmyun’s son. The same Kris and Joonmyun from high school. He ruffles his son’s hair before leaving, reminding Junhong to call if anything happens. 

"Woah, Junhong, what happened?" Jongin asks and checks out Junhong's bandaged up leg.

"I broke my fibula on Saturday after practice. Now, I'm stuck in these things for eight weeks and no gym for me." Junhong explains and Jongin pats his shoulder, a sign of sympathy.

" man, but don't worry we'll help you out." Jongin reassures and the trio walks towards Junhong's locker. Junhong smiles at his two friends because he is grateful for their help. 

After getting the appropriate books for first period, the trio heads towards class. Ironically, they all have first period together. 

They pass Jongup, who is by his locker with Soojung. Their hands and linked together and it makes Junhong feel hurt. Junhong's eyes meet with Jongup's but he breaks eye contact before following Jongin and Sehun into class.

The pain in his leg is nothing compared to the pain of seeing those two together. 

 

Hey guise, long time no see. ): ive been so busy. But I haven’t forgotten about this fic.

But this might be my last bap fic because im not really as interested in them as I was when I started this fic but I am determined to finish so look forward to the end :D

This is the longest chapter ive written so far.

Hehe <3 thanks for all the subbies, and votes, and comments. I appreciate all of it (,: