K - Kindergarten

Bang Family ABC's Drabbles. ♡

K - Kindergarten

It was a known fact that Junhong was smarter than most other five-year olds.

The small boy already knew the alphabet, from the consonants to the vowels, and was already speaking full sentences by the age of three. Jello could perfectly tell someone all the days of the week, all the months in a year, and all the animals in the Chinese zodiac (he was born in the year of the rat).

Jello could sing a little, already had a few dance moves down, and recently started showing interest in rapping considering all the time he spent with Appa and Appa's rapping.

So Bang Junhong was an intelligent little boy.

But Himchan and Yongguk wanted him to be able to interact with kids his age so they decided to enroll him in kindergarten at the small elementary school just a few blocks away from their house. They heard it was a great school from Hyosung, Jongup’s mother. Jongup, Jello's best friend, was also a student at the school but Jongup was a grade higher than Junhong.

On the first day of school, Junhong walked hand and hand with his Appa to the new school and they reached the classroom door. He peeked inside and saw a whole bunch of students running around and playing with each other. There was also a pretty lady standing at the entrance and she gave Jello a small smile. That only caused him to cling to his father more.

 

He felt a bit scared and held his Appa's hand tighter. He was sad that Umma couldn't come with him to school because Umma had to go work at the big school but Jello did receive a lot of hugs and kisses from Umma before Umma left for work.

"Appa…" Junhong whispered, thinking about changing his mind about this whole school thing. He doesn't know if he can do it and wanted nothing more right now than to be at home, snuggled up on the couch while watching Pororo.

"What's wrong, Jello?" Yongguk kneeled down to his son’s height, looking at the scared boy, who clutched the straps of his small backpack tighter with his free hand.

"I don't want to do this anymore. Can we go home, please?" Jello begged, almost about to cry. He doesn't want his Appa to leave him here. 

Yongguk's heart almost broke at the sight of his son but he knew he had to stay strong. If Yongguk could, he would keep Jello as a baby forever and never let the little boy grow up but he knows he can’t. Yongguk knows Junhong is growing up and it would be wrong of him to stunt his son’s growth.

"Jello, you’ll do great. You're smart and school’s going to make you even smarter. You're going to have fun at school and make lots of friends. Jongup-hyung also goes to this school. You might even see him at recess. Appa will be back later to pick you up. Okay?" Yongguk tried his best to comfort his son but Jello still looked scared. The little boy shook his head and held an iron grip on his Appa’s hand, making sure he didn’t leave.

"How about this? Appa promises that after school he'll take you to the park and get ice cream if you go to school today." At the sound of ice cream, Jello perked up. He loved ice cream and would do anything just to get it. 

"Okay!"

"But you have to promise to have fun today at school. Do you promise?" Yongguk held up his pinky, showing his son that he can be trusted, and Junhong locked pinkies with his Appa. Junhong hugged his Appa one last time before running off to where the teacher was standing. She checked off his name before bending down to whisper something to the little boy.

Jello nodded and waved to his Appa one last time before going into the classroom that was filled with all the other little kindergarteners.

Yongguk smiled, a little sad at the farewell because he can't believe that his son was already in school. Time sure does fly fast.

 

a/n: Kindergarten is always a scary time for children. Hehehe enjoy!<3 ^-^