Hurt

The Distance Between Us

 

 

"I'm okay...I'm okay, don't keep asking me I might disintegrate."

 
"Kyungie ah, call me oppa!"
 
"No way hyung!"
 
"Eeeeesh just once. Pleaseeeeeeee."
 
"No."
 
"Please~" Baekhyun pouted
 
"Never." 
 
"Fine. But can we match our t-shirts today? I wanna show off our couple tees at the airport today! Hehehe" Baekhyun said with puppy eyes.
 
"Fine. Which couple tee should we wear?"
 
"The ones with stripes! Mine is the one with the pink and white stripes, while yours is the one with blue and white stripes!" Baekhyun squealed while handing Kyungsoo the t-shirt.
 
"Fine." Kyungsoo grumbled before putting on the shirt.
 
"Okay, now that we've changed, call me oppa please, my loveliest princess."
 
"Ugh you're annoying. Shouldn't you call me oppa since you're the one wearing pink?" Kyungsoo complained.
 
"Just call me oppa once and I'll be happy for the whole day!" Baekhyun showed his puppy face. Kyungsoo looked at Baekhyun once and smiled. He just love this boy so much.
 
"F-fine...oppa..." Kyungsoo blushed. Baekhyun smiled lit up.
 
"Please say 'oppa, make me feel good please~' in an aegyo voice!" Baekhyun begged.
 
"Y-yah! No way I'm gonna say that!" Kyungsoo's eyes widened.
 
"Pleaseeeeeee~" Baekhyun pouted cutely, making Kyungsoo's inside turn into goo.
 
"F-fine...ugh...o-oppa...please make me f-feel good." Kyungsoo's face flushed a deep red.
 
"My pleasure." Baekhyun smirked before pushing Kyunsoo on the bed and attacking his lips.
 
Then, the scene faded away into another scene. Baekhyun is still wearing the same pink and white striped couple tee.
 
SLAP
 
"Don't touch me"
 
"Kyungie..."
 
"Stay away from me."
 
"Please, let me explain, I love you.."
 
"GO AWAY!"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kyungsoo gasped as he shot up from his bed, wide awake. His face, tearstained as he continued crying. He just had a dream about his past with Baekhyun again. It's not the first time he dreamt about him since two days ago when he ran away from his dorm.
 
"Soo, what are you doing up in the middle of the night?" A groggily voice sounded, reminding Kyungsoo of where he is.
 
"It's nothing, Seungsoo hyung, I'm fine." Kyungsoo said as he tried to calm his sobs. But being the good older brother of Kyungsoo, Seungsoo got up from his bed and move to sit beside Kyungsoo on his bed.
 
"What's wrong Kyungie? You can tell hyung you know." Seungsoo asked in a rather worried voice.
 
"It's just a nightmare.." Kyungsoo said.
 
"You sure? You have never cried from a nightmare before you know." Seungsoo said as his hands ran in comforting circles behind Kyungsoo's back, an old habit of his to calm his little brother down whenever the younger one is crying.
 
"Y-yeah, it was a pretty bad nightmare, and I was pretty shaken by it." Kyungsoo said. Seungsoo raised his brows and looked at Kyungsoo. He knows that his little brother is lying, but knowing his brother, he also knew that there is no point in forcing answers out of Kyungsoo when he doesn't want to talk about it.
 
"Okay then, you should probably go back to sleep." Seungsoo smiled as he rubbed Kyungsoo's head.
 
"Okay..." Kyungsoo said as Seungsoo tucked him in as he always did in the past.
 
"Good night Kyungie."
 
"Good night hyung.."
 
"I just hope that you'll tell me what happened soon." Seungsoo sighed. Kyungsoo didn't reply. No, he couldn't reply. Not if it meant spilling everything out, including that he's gay to him.
 
"I'm sorry hyung, some things are better kept as a secret.." Kyungsoo thought to himself.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The sun rays filtered into the dorm room. Baekhyun was already awake. 
 
No. Saying that he was already awake is wrong as he had not been sleeping. Not since the night that Kyungsoo ran out and far away from him. He gave Kyungsoo tons of calls, only to be hung up again and again by the latter. 
 
He is on the ends of his ropes already. All the other members in the dorm grew to found out what had happened, and is utterly disgusted by Baekhyun's actions. Baekhyun was being ignored by everyone in the dorm. He knew that nothing could be done. He should have known better.
 
A tear slipped as his hands reached out to his phone.
 
Another tear slipped as he typed in the number of the one he love which he memorized by heart.
 
Sobs emitted from him as he pressed the send button.
 
From: Baekhyun
To: Kyungie<3
Please come home... I miss you so much... I love you... I really do... Please come home...
 
He know that his text is just gonna get ignored again, but he isn't going to give up trying. He isn't going to give up on the love that both of them had worked so hard to achieve. 
 
He isn't going to give up on the memories the both of them share. 
 
The kisses every morning. 
 
The laughters they had. 
 
The plans of their future murmured between the sheets on their bed. 
 
The tears for each other. 
 
The love that was once beautiful.
 
Baekhyun would give everything and anything to have it back.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kyungsoo woke up with a start. He looked around his room, just to see that he is all alone. Feeling cold, he wrapped his blanket even more tightly around his small frame. Letting out a sigh, he reached for his phone on the nightstand which he had not touched for two days since he ran out of the dorm. There were a total of 27 messages. Four from Chanyeol, a few from Jongin, some from the rest of the members. Clicking them open, he began to reply them one by one.
 
From: Channie Hyung
To: Kyungieeeeeee
1) Yah babo, where are you? ;(
2) Yah, reply me would ya?:(((((( Although you've shouted at me, but I wasn't mad at you. :<
3) Yah, I know you're sad, but please just text me if you're fine, and best to include your location too. Don't worry, I won't tell that jerk where you are.:(
4) Helloooooooo~ ummaaaaa I miss your cooking. I mean...I miss you. Not having you in the dorm s so weird, and Jongin keeps bullying me.:( Come home soon@__@?
 
Kyungsoo find it hard not to smile at his friend's text.
 
From: Kyungpoo
To: Yeollie
Good morning Channie, I'm fine. I will be staying with my parents for awhile as I need some time on my own. I'm so sorry for shouting at you though...Don't worry about me! I'm fine. :) I'm okay :) 
 
Kyungsoo clicked send, before scrolling to the next conversation that he had with Jongin.
 
From: Jonginnie
To: BigEye hyung
1) Soo yah, where are you?
2) Soo hyung, come home soon? We are all worried for you...
3) If you need anyone to talk to, remember that I'll always be here for you.
4) I've brought a gallon of BaskinRobbins ice cream, do you want some? Its World Class Chocolate flavour! They say it's good to treat heartbreaks.
5) Okay, that came out wrongly. Chanyeol hyung just whacked my head for you. Sorry.
6) Hey, you're not angry with me are you?
7) Okay, I get it. You need sometime on your own.
 
Kyungsoo sighed before typing a reply.
 
From: Soo Hyung
To: Jongie
Good morning Kkamjjong! Don't worry, hyung isn't angry with you. I am at somewhere safe now, don't worry about me. I just needed some time on my own. I'm fine, I'm okay. Don't worry about me okay? :) and P.S. stop bullying Channie hyung when I'm not around please.
 
Kyungsoo sent. Then, he scrolled down his list of conversations, replying each and every of s, telling them that he's okay, he's fine, he's feeling happier today and such. Then reading the ones sent by the leaders which were more formal and authoritative. 
 
From: Junmyeon Hyung
To: Wifey
Yah. How could you just run out like that? Come home soon please. No one is taking the initiative to clean the dorm after you left, and our current living condition is like living in a pigsty. And I am sick of Chinese food that Xinggie has been cooking. I miss your food. Come home soon? I mean, you have to. I'm ordering you with my leader's tone! ;( ......okay....just be back soon okay? We need you. ;(
 
Kyungsoo furrowed his brows as he typed out his message to reply Junmyeon.
 
From: Kyungsoo
To: Hubby
I'm fine hyung. Kekeke. Don't worry about me. I just needed time to think things through, that's all. I'm okay. I'm stronger than you know. I'll survive this. I'll be back soon~ I promise :)
 
Sending it, he scrolled his phone again, seeing that Kris had sent him two messages.
 
From: Kris
To: Kyungie
1)How dare you run away without informing us. We know you are upset but you don't have to just go wherever you like right? You're lucky that we don't have any schedules until next week, which reminded me, you have to be home by this Friday. No extensions. You should be more responsible.  Understand?
2) Okay, I sounded harsh. Are you okay? Truth to be told, I missed you. We all missed you. Come back soon? :(
 
Kyungsoo felt tears threatening, but he lifted up his head and took a deep breath, before letting out a light laugh as he saw Kris's emoticon as Kris rarely uses them.
 
To: Kris hyung
From: Kyungieeeeeee
Good morning hyung, there's a schedule next week? Okay I'll try to come back soon, but I need some more time to think things through. I've missed you all too, but I can't go back just yet. Don't worry, I'm fine :) I'm okay :) in fact, I'm feeling much better today! Tell the rest to eat well and make sure they clean up their own stuffs when I'm not around :) don't worry hyung, I'm okay..:)
 
Kyungsoo sent the last message before setting his phone back down on the nightstand. Just as he was about to lie back down, his phone beeped, indicating another incoming message. It must be the members replying to his text. He swiped his thumb across the phone screen to unlock it. Then, he saw the message. It's not other members, but him.
 
 
From: My love <3333333
To: Kyungie<3
Please come home... I miss you so much... I love you... I really do... Please come home...
 
Kyungsoo's eyes frozen at the message. That message which he couldn't reply. He closes his eyes as he felt tears streaming down his face. Setting his phone down without replying, he lie back on his bed as he cried hard into his pillow.
 
"I'm okay... I'm okay... I'll be fine..." Kyungsoo murmured to himself between sobs as he bawled his heart out.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"You know where he is." Baekhyun said. 
 
Chanyeol looked up from the strawberry jam sandwich that he was preparing to look at Baekhyun. Baekhyun looked disheveled. 
 
No. Saying that he is disheveled is an understatement. He looked like a railroad accident. He is still wearing the same couple tee shirt he was wearing two nights ago when Kyungsoo ran away from the dorm. His eyes, red and puffy from crying, eyebags looking as though they weigh a million tons, and his face, rugged, bony and unshaven. Facial hair sticking out from weird places on his face. Although it has only been two days, but Kyungsoo leaving certainly created such a huge impact on him.
 
"Even if I knew, I wouldn't tell you." Chanyeol said before turning back to his sandwich. Baekhyun scoffed. Then, he looked down at his feet. Tears began pouring out again.
 
"But you have to tell me.. I have to get him back! I need to get him back!" Baekhyun cried while gripping Chanyeol's arms.
 
"And what? So you could hurt him all over again?" Chanyeol challenged. Baekhyun just continued sobbing.
 
"Maybe if you've think more thoroughly, this wouldn't have happened. Everything that had happened is all because of you." Chanyeol growled.
 
"I'm so sorry..." Baekhyun sobbed. Chanyeol shook away Baekhyun's hand.
 
"You shouldn't say that to me." Chanyeol spat before walking out of the kitchen with his sandwich.
 
Baekhyun fell on his knees as he cried in the kitchen. 
 
In Kyungsoo's kitchen.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"How long would you be staying here?" Kyungsoo's mother asked. It is after dinner. Kyungsoo and his mother is sitting in front of the television together, sharing a tub of chocolate icecream while watching variety shows, while his father and brother went out for some errands. Kyungsoo was never a fan of variety shows, but he was the one that suggested that they watch it.
 
"I don't know, as long as I want I guess." Kyungsoo shrugged before laughing at the people doing stupid stuffs in the show. Kyungsoo's mother sighed. She know that something had happened to her son the moment he showed up on the door two nights ago with red puffy eyes screaming that he had been crying, but she couldn't ask why. So, she decided to change the subject.
 
"How is everyone in the dorm?" Kyungsoo's mother asked.
 
"They're okay, I guess. I came back as we have got some free time on our hands." Kyungsoo smiled.
 
"What about your best friend Baekhyun? How is he?" Kyungsoo visibly cringed as he heard his name. Kyungsoo's mother noticed the reaction, but said nothing.
 
"He... He's fine I guess." Kyungsoo said softly while concentrating on the television screen. Kyungsoo's mother sighed.
 
"Did something happened between you two?"
 
"N-nothing umma.."
 
"You know, you're really bad at lying."
 
"Everything's fine umma." Kyungsoo replied curtly, causing his mother to look at him with raised brows.
 
"You sure....?"
 
"Everything's...fine..."
 
Awkward silence.
 
"You know you can never hide anything from your mother, me, right?" Kyungsoo's mother spoke, "you can always tell me..." His mother tenderly his cheeks as Kyungsoo felt tears well up.
 
"I'm...fine umma.. Everything's fine...I'm okay, everything's okay... I'm.." A tear slipped through his face.
 
"Umma..." Kyungsoo buried his face in his mothers chest as he cried and cried. His mother just kept his hair and comforting her son. 
 
It breaks her to see her son so fragile and broken, yet she felt that she failed as a mother not knowing what is wrong with her son.
 
That night, Kyungsoo cried himself to sleep.
.....
 
.....
 
.....
 
...
 
...
 
...
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
A short update because I felt bad for not updating for so long.... Been really really busy and school work is such a ! So many project and assignment deadlines coming *~* I hate deadlines. Anyway.... Forgive me for everything..... I'm so sorry....