Air

The Distance Between Us

 

"Tell me how am I suppose to live with no air..."

 
Kyungsoo woke up in the morning with Baekhyun hugging him. He love the warmth of Baekhyun's embrace and don't want to leave Baekhyun's arms ever. He leaned deeper into the warmth of Baekhyun's body only to fall in love once again. It's gonna be a good day. 11th May 2013. Dream Concert. One of their schedules in a long time. Kyungsoo is pretty excited as he really missed performing on stage. Slowly, he nudged the sleeping Baekhyun that is hugging him tightly.
 
"Baby, wakey wakey~" Kyungsoo cajoled. Baekhyun stirred and let out a grunt, before shifting himself into a more comfortable position, and hugged Kyungsoo even more tightly. Kyungsoo smiled.
 
"Baby, we really have to wake up nowwwwwwwww!" Kyungsoo struggled in Baekhyun's tight embrace. Baekhyun let out a small yawn which leaves Kyungsoo's neck hair standing by his warm breath.
 
"Five more minutes pleaseeee, I wanna enjoy your body heat awhile more." Baekhyun whined sleepily. Kyungsoo shook his head.
 
"Byun Baekhyun, I'll count to five, if by five you're still not awake, I will kick you back to your room with Chanyeol tonight." Kyungsoo threatened. Baekhyun just nuzzled his nose into Kyungsoo's hair and inhaled.
 
"One..." Baekhyun just hugged Kyungsoo tighter. He even wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo's torso.
 
"Two........." Kyungsoo dragged the syllabus.
 
"Three............" Baekhyun rubbed his cheeks against Kyungsoo's cherubic ones while smiling, still refusing to wake up.
 
"Four.................." Kyungsoo smiled as he poked Baekhyun's ribs to get him up.
 
"FIVE!" Jongin shouted from behind them causing both Kyungsoo and Baekhyun to jump straight out from bed. The couple looked extremely flustered as their lovely morning is distrupted by the younger.
 
"YAH! Jongin! When did you even appear?!" Kyungsoo asked, shocked.
 
"I've been sleeping here since yesterday night after practice, it's you two that is so in love and in your own disgusting world of rainbows and unicorns and sweetness, that you did not even notice my presence." Jongin yawned.
 
"A-aren't you r-rooming with Chanyeol when I'm sleeping here?" Baekhyun stammered.
 
"Well... I was, but I can't stand him. He always plays his computer games until late at night, and I desperately needed sleep, so...since you've shared bed with Soo-hyung, why can't I sleep in my own bed?" Jongin pouted.
 
"B-but...b-but!!" Baekhyun couldn't find the right words to speak. Jongin just gave a bored look.
 
"Please, you guys are only doing what you have been doing everywhere else, kissing, cuddling and such, except that in the bedroom, it's on bed. It's nothing I never seen before~" Jongin said while maintaining a poker face.
 
"That's not what I mean! I mean, what if we are...you know...indecent!!!!!" Baekhyun said while blushing, Kyungsoo just gave a confused look. Jongin laughed understanding what Baekhyun meant.
 
"Oh come on. You two? Both of you are too...innocent. I know you won't have in the dorm or anywhere else." Jongin said. Kyungsoo blushed furiously, "and besides, it's not like I've never seen either of you before~" Baekhyun and Kyungsoo both needed a hole to hide themselves. The younger is embarrassing them and they felt so helpless.
 
"Y-yah! Kim Jongin!" Kyungsoo said while hiding his face behind his hands. The younger just stretched and gave out a seductive moan of satisfaction.
 
"Oh well, I shall leave you two to where you left off~ good morning hyungs~" Jongin said before leaving the two shy boys in the room. Baekhyun looked at Kyungsoo before prying away his hands and smiled.
 
"Well, I guess we are awake now.." Baekhyun said grumpily. Kyungsoo smiles and put his arms around Baekhyun's neck to pull him in for a kiss.
 
"Don't be grumpy! I'm so excited!" Kyungsoo squealed.
 
"For the Dream Concert?" Baekhyun asked while smiling.
 
"Yeah!" Kyungsoo smiled brightly before kissing Baekhyun again.
 
"Mmmmm..." Baekhyun gave a sound of appreciation before pushing Kyungsoo onto the bed and ravished his lips.
 
Ah, what a morning.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Oh my god. Is that a hickey?!" Tiffany said as she walked pass Kyungsoo at the back stage of Dream Concert. They were in the midst of the rehearsals, and EXO as well as Girls' Generation are both currently taking a break. Kyungsoo blushed.
 
"Oh..uh...uh..." Kyungsoo stuttered.
 
"It's a hickey right?" Tiffany smirked. Kyungsoo just looked down at his feet and nodded. Tiffany let out a loud laughter.
 
"Aigoooooooo baby Soo got laid uh, who's the lucky girl?" Tiffany asked while pinching Kyungsoo's cheeks, Kyungsoo just flushed as he remembered that no one other than s and their managers knows that he is dating Baekhyun. He isn't sure if Mr Lee Sooman knows about it, he may as he is the president of the company after all, but members of the Girls' Generation certainly doesn't know about it.
 
"Uh...uh..." Kyungsoo can't find the right words, which only caused Tiffany to laugh out loud even more.
 
"You'll have to ask someone to cover the hickey up with BB Cream for you. Aigoo, how could you be so reckless? I mean, Taengoo and I made out this morning but she didn't give me any hickeys at all as there is performance today." Tiffany said. Kyungsoo's eyes widened. Taeyeon and Tiffany. TAENY IS REAL?! OHMYGOSHHHHHH. Seeing Kyungsoo's shocked face, Tiffany let out a nervous laugh.
 
"Okay, awkward. Yeah, Taengoo is my girlfriend. Although I'm much more of a girl and she is much more of a guy...yeah.. We are lesbians. Are you uncomfortable with me now? Judging me?" Tiffany asked. The atmosphere is clearly awkward. Kyungsoo shook his head furiously as he don't want Tiffany to think that he is judging her.
 
"It's okay Kyungsoo. We are in a judgmental society after all. And this is Korea." Tiffany said sadly.
 
"Noona... Can I tell you a secret?" Kyungsoo said.
 
"Yea, sure." Tiffany said while letting her eyes drift off to Taeyeon who is standing beside Jessica and arguing over god knows what.
 
"Actually.. I'm gay." Kyungsoo said. Tiffany's gaze instantly snapped over to Kyungsoo.
 
"What?! Oh... Wow. I didn't expect. Wow...THIS IS SO...EXCITING!!!!!!" Tiffany exclaimed, "so tell me, who's the lucky guy then?" Tiffany asked. Kyungsoo slowly let his gaze go over to Baekhyun. Baekhyun felt someone looking at him, turning around, he made eye contact with the love of his life. He smile. Kyungsoo smiled back. Tiffany looked at the exchange between the two of them before laughing out loud. Kyungsoo was snapped back to Tiffany's side within seconds.
 
"Baek...hyun?" Tiffany asked while smiling and raising her brows at the same time.
 
"Y-yeah..." Kyungsoo smiled shyly.
 
"Well, he seems like a wild one, giving you hickeys and all...how long have you guys been dating?" Tiffany asked.
 
"We started dating about a month ago actually.. We've kept our feelings from each other for a long time as we are afraid of...rejection." Kyungsoo answered.
 
"That's sweet..." Tiffany said, letting her voice trail off, "well, I better go check on my members now, you guys going up on stage to rehearse soon right?"
 
"Yup!" Kyungsoo replied. He is clearly excited to go on stage even if its only the rehearsal.
 
"All the best then!" Tiffany said. Kyungsoo bowed. Just before Tiffany walked away, she turned around and looked at Kyungsoo again.
 
"One last thing. Always remember that when on stage, we are professionals. Don't let the company down. And don't show the public what we really are, as they may not be as accepting as some of us." Tiffany said. Then, she turned and walked away, leaving Kyungsoo to absorb what she said.
 
"Soo! We're up next!" Baekhyun called as he ran towards Kyungsoo, "you okay?" Baekhyun asked seeing as Kyungsoo looked worried.
 
"Y-yeah, I'm fine. Lets go!"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Fany ah, what did you and baby Soo talked about back there?" Taeyeon asked as she brushed Tiffany's fringe aside from her eyes. Tiffany shook her head.
 
"Kyungsoo and Baekhyun reminds me of us in the past, that's all." Tiffany said. Taeyeon chuckled.
 
"Yeah.. The kids. Old times, old times." Taeyeon sighed.
 
"I have no idea why, but I'm getting a feeling that something will happen between them in the future. Something bad." Tiffany said. Taeyeon just shrugged.
 
"They will handle it themselves. They are adults already after all." Taeyeon said.
 
"I know...it's just.. An ominous feeling you know? Maybe I could be wrong. I just hope that I'm wrong." Tiffany said sadly.
 
"That's the beauty of you. You are never wrong." Taeyeon said sadly too.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
That night back at the dorm. 
 
Baekhyun was furious. 
 
No. Saying that he is furious is an understatement.
 
He is so mad that he could be on par with the devil.
 
During the whole performance of Dream Concert, Kyungsoo avoided Baekhyun like a plague. Baekhyun has no idea why. At the backstage, Kyungsoo were still all lovey dovey with him, but as soon as the cameras were on them, Kyungsoo treated him like strangers. They did not even get to interact on stage at all. Baekhyun is confused. Seriously confused. 
 
When the concert nears its the ending, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo was seen to be playing around with each other. Chanyeol even carried and lifted Kyungsoo up on the stage. Jealous overtook Baekhyun, thus, Baekhyun went to find Jongin. Jongin saw Baekhyun's face but said nothing except for giving him an amused look as they were on stage. 
 
After the performance, Baekhyun just dashed into the van that is waiting for them, without Kyungsoo. The journey home was awkward as Baekhyun ignored Kyungsoo who tried to talk to him.
 
In the dorm, Baekhyun went into his room and slammed the door shut. Kyungsoo wanted to go and talk to Baekhyun only to be stopped by Chanyeol, who said he will talk him around instead.
 
Chanyeol opened his bedroom door and sees Baekhyun sulking on his bed.
 
"Baek, why are you being so mean to Kyungsoo?" Chanyeol asked.
 
"Why do you care. Just leave us alone. It's none of your business." Baekhyun spat.
 
"No. I can't leave this alone. Kyungsoo is my friend too. I don't like the way you're treating him." Chanyeol said back firmly. Baekhyun narrows his eyes. Under normal circumstances, Chanyeol would be cowering in fear already. But this time, Chanyeol isn't backing down.
 
"Dude. You need to mind your own business." Baekhyun said it in a low voice.
 
"I will when you stop being such a douchebag to Kyungsoo."
 
"Are you challenging me now? Don't think that I don't know that you love Kyungsoo too." Baekhyun accuses.
 
"What?! Me?! Dude. I'm straight. I wou-"
 
"Stop lying to me!" Baekhyun shouted.
 
"I am not! Kyungsoo is just a FRIEND for god sakes! Where did you even get the impression that I like him?!" Chanyeol shouted back.
 
"Then explain. Why are you so touchy feely with him?" Baekhyun asked fiercely.
 
"I am touchy feely with EVERYONE! You can ask Kris hyung! I've even shaved his pits for him before!" Chanyeol shoots.
 
"Ya right. Everyone. Then what about just now you carrying him n stage?" 
 
"It's just fan service for gods sakes Byun Baekhyun!!" Chanyeol said exasperately.
 
"Don't lie to me!" Baekhyun bellowed.
 
"I am not ly-" Chanyeol was cut off by a sound of flesh hitting flesh. Chanyeol out for a moment, the next, he found himself on the floor with a cracked lip and bleeding nose.
 
"What the-"
 
"Is everything alright?" Junmyeon's voice sounded as he came in. He gasped seeing Chanyeol bleeding and Baekhyun's extended arm. 
 
"What happe- OH MY GOSH CHANYEOL WHAT HAPPENED?!" Kyungsoo shrieked when he saw the situation in the room from behind Junmyeon. Baekhyun took a moment to absorb everything that happened. He looked at his fist, then at Chanyeol on the floor, then at the shocked face of Kyungsoo behind Junmyeon. Kyungsoo felt tears well up in his eyes as he walked back int his room calmly. 
 
"Kyungsoo..." Baekhyun started as he went after Kyungsoo. Junmyeon went to tend to the injured Chanyeol. Kyungsoo ran into his room and slammed the door shut. He is frustrated. With everything. He couldn't believe that Baekhyun just punched Chanyeol in the face. Then, the room door opened.
 
"Soo...?" Baekhyun's timid voice sounded out.
 
"Byun. Baek. Hyun. HOW DARE YOU. Why did you punch him?! Why must you be such a jealous freak over everything?!" Kyungsoo shouted.
 
"Soo... I'm sorry.. I don't know what got over me.." Baekhyun said.
 
"Can't you just see for god sakes that what we are doing on stage was just fan service? Why must you be so jealous over something that is so insignificant to us?" Kyungsoo said. Tears evidently falling freely.
 
"It's just that you ignored me the whole time on stage..." Baekhyun whimpered. He tried taking a step towards Kyungsoo but Kyungsoo took a step back.
 
"Tiffany noona told me to be professional.. That's why I avoided you on stage, I don't want to get caught in front of the cameras...it may ruin all our careers.." Kyungsoo sobbed.
 
"I-I'm so sorry Soo... I didn't know.." Baekhyun started crying too. Kyungsoo continuously wept.
 
"Baek, I need some time alone tonight." Kyungsoo said.
 
"W-what? Why?" Baekhyun asked, confused.
 
"I... When I'm with you, I feel like I can't breathe. We need some time alone." Kyungsoo said.
 
"Oh dear, what have I done?!" Baekhyun thought to himself.
 
.....
 
.....
 
.....
 
...
 
...
 
...
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
Hehe. Don't kill me please. Another cliffhanger~ hehehehe I have no idea what I'm writing anymore. Don't worry~ next chapter will be fluffy hehe...the drama part isn't even here yet, and won't be here soon... Im trying to make this few chapters as fluffy as possible before the angst come in, but I'm failing terribly T~~~~~~T So....yea. Sorry...this chapter ...right? Haish.... The bad weather is getting to me. Headache and sore throat x_____x and there's school next week! >_< so sorry...sorry for all my grammatical/vocabulary errors~ I'll update soon...? Yeah...signing off now! Buhbye~