Birthday

The Distance Between Us

 

"Beautiful you, clear as snow, happy birthday.."

 
"Hyuuuuung!" Kyungsoo approached Chanyeol in the dorm one night.
 
"Yes Kyungi- oops, I shouldn't call you that, Baekkie had once threatened to kill me if I called you 'Kyungie'" Chanyeol shuddered at the memory of Baekhyun exerting his Hapkido moves on him.
 
"Don't mind him, he's over protective." Kyungsoo chuckled.
 
"So, where's your over protective, egotistical, territorial jerk?" Chanyeol asked. Kyungsoo just laughed.
 
"Don't call him that hyung, it's sweet, he's in the showers, thus, I have a something to ask of you.." Kyungsoo said.
 
"Well, if you want to know about how to have with Baek, just know that lube is important to protect your , flavored ones would be good." Chanyeol said calmly. Kyungsoo blushed furiously.
 
"No hyung! That's not what I wanted to ask..." Kyungsoo flustered.
 
"Then what is it?"
 
"Erm...Baekhyunnie's birthday is coming..and I'm thinking of a present for him..." Kyungsoo said shyly.
 
"You want to give him your ity? Okay, I can ask the rest out to give you guys some privacy, oh, and remember the lub-"
 
"NO!!! I'm not having with anyone. EVER!" Kyungsoo squealed.
 
"Oh, then you have no idea what to give him? Just buy him some toys." 
 
"Hyung! Stop with the ! We, I, am not going to have !!!! Just listen to me!" Kyungsoo flushed.
 
"Okay okay, chill Soo, so what is it?" Chanyeol laughed.
 
"I...I have no idea what to give him for present.. And also, I want to bake him a surprise cake, but I can't do that with him at home and always sticking around me...so...maybe you could help me distract him this few days?" Kyungsoo asked. Chanyeol just smiled at the silly but sweet attempts of Kyungsoo. Baekhyun is really lucky to have him as his boyfriend.
 
"Sure Kyungie, I will help you on one request." Chanyeol said.
 
"What is it?" Kyungsoo asked.
 
"Make his cake a chocolate one." Chanyeol grinned.
 
"Okay!" Kyungsoo squealed.
 
"Yay thank you Kyungie!" Chanyeol picked Kyungsoo up and spun him around. Just then, Baekhyun came out of the bathroom and saw the scene before him.
 
"PARK. CHAN. YEOL. HOW DARE YOU MANHANDLE MY BOYFRIEND THIS WAY?! AND DID I JUST HEARD YOU CALL HIM 'KYUNGIE'?! ARE YOU COURTING DEATH?!" Baekhyun shouted. Chanyeol immediately dropped a maniacally laughing Kyungsoo. Chanyeol's face turned pale.
 
Uh oh.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Back in the room.
 
"Kyung ah! You really shouldn't let others touch you this way!" Baekhyun frowned.
 
"But this is always how Chanyeol hyung play with everyone!" Kyungsoo pouted. Baekhyun cooed at Kyungsoo's cuteness inwards and didn't show. He is just so stubborn that he don't want to give in.
 
"But you are MY boyfriend!" Baekhyun snorted.
 
"And Chanyeol hyung is just my FRIEND!" Kyungsoo laughed. He couldn't believe that Baekhyun is seriously jealous at Chanyeol.
 
"Fine. If that's what you say." Baekhyun huffed and turned to face the other side of the room. Kyungsoo smiled to himself. He knows that Baekhyun could never resist him. Kyungsoo shifted on the bed and crawled towards Baekhyun, then, he hugged him from the back he nuzzled Baekhyun's sensitive spot on his neck. Baekhyun visibly shuddered at the contact.
 
"Baekkie ah...are you jealous?" Kyungsoo whispered into Baekhyun's ears.
 
"I-I'm n-not jealous." Baekhyun refuses eye contact with Kyungsoo.
 
"Awwww Baekkie is so cute when he's jealous!" Kyungsoo cooed.
 
"I told you I'm not jealo- oomph!" Baekhyun was cut off by Kyungsoo kissing him by surprise.  Kyungsoo shifted himself onto Baekhyun's lap for them to have easier access to each other's lips. After a few minutes of tongue battle, Kyungsoo pulled back.
 
"I don't mind that you're jealous, it means you care for me, but you must know, Chanyeol hyung, Jonginnie, everyone in this dorm are my close friends, you shouldn't get jealous over them.." Kyungsoo said while looking into Baekhyun's eyes.
 
"I know..but I just can't stand the sight of them touching you..." Baekhyun pouted. Kyungsoo chuckled before pecking Baekhyun's lips.
 
"You should know, they may be able to touch my body, but my heart only belongs to you. Only you can touch my heart. I love you and only you hyung. So stop being so insecure.." Kyungsoo said while putting their foreheads together. Baekhyun sighed.
 
"Okay okay~ you win.." Baekhyun fake-rolled his eyes. Kyungsoo slapped Baekhyun's chest.
 
"Don't roll your eyes at me!" Kyungsoo laughed.
 
"Blehhhh!" Baekhyun stuck out his tongue. Then, they kissed again, and spend the rest of the night cuddling and kissing each other till the both of them fell asleep.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Baekhyun woke up in the morning feeling cold. Looking down into his arms, he saw that it was empty. He feels rather disappointed that Kyungsoo had left the bed before he woke up as he love waking up to snuggling with Kyungsoo's body heat. Putting his face into Kyungsoo's pillow, he inhaled Kyungsoo's lingering scent deeply and smiled to himself. 
 
Kyungsoo always smells a little like vanilla in the morning due to the powder he puts on at night. In the afternoon, Kyungsoo normally smells of the floral top notes of the Acqua di Parma Colonia perfume which he received from his fans as presents. And at night after bathing, he would smell of the Peach Blossom scented body wash and minty hair wash. Baekhyun took note of each scent of Kyungsoo at each specific timing. He loves Kyungsoo in all his ways. Stretching, he let off a small mewling sound, before he headed out to find his beloved.
 
As he approaches the kitchen, he hears Kyungsoo speaking in a soft voice.
 
"Hyuuuuuuung please, I really need time today.." Kyungsoo whined.
 
"I'll do what I can Kyungie, but I can't promise anything though." Baekhyun heard Chanyeol reply. Just as Kyungsoo is about to say more, a certain black male came up from behind Baekhyun and said.
 
"Good morning Baekhyun hyung, don't you know it's bad to eavesdrop?" Jongin spoke rather loudly. Turning around to face Jongin, Baekhyun frantically signaled for Jongin to lower down his volume. Then, Baekhyun heard a gasp in the kitchen, then footsteps. Baekhyun turned and saw a flustered looking Kyungsoo.
 
"Hey Baekkie! You woke up early, I was just making some breakfast with Chanyeollie hyung, do you want to join us?" Kyungsoo said in a rather fast pace.
 
"Yeah, I'll do that. But before everything else..." Baekhyun leaned in and kissed Kyungsoo, "Good morning baby." Kyungsoo blushed while Baekhyun just smirked. Then, Kyungsoo frowned.
 
"Baekkie! You haven't brush your teeth yet you dirty pig!" Kyungsoo complained.
 
"I'm lazy... Can you help me brush?" Baekhyun asked while throwing some aegyo into it.
 
"Ughhhh lazy pig. Lets go." Kyungsoo pushed a lazy Baekhyun into the toilet.
 
In the toilet, Baekhyun took Kyungsoo's toothbrush, and Kyungsoo eyed Baekhyun curiously.
 
"I've kissed you without brushing my teeth, so now you have to brush too!" Baekhyun announced. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, but then, he still smiled at the older's cuteness.
 
"Hyung...you're so..cheesy early in the morning!" Kyungsoo whined.
 
"I can be even cheesier..." Baekhyun said seductively. Shaking his head, Kyungsoo took out Baekhyun's toothbrush.
 
"So how you want to do this?" Kyungsoo asked.
 
"We'll do it like this!" Saying that, Baekhyun squeezed some toothpaste onto Kyungsoo's toothbrush and began brushing his own teeth with it. Kyungsoo's eyes turned as big as the plates.
 
"Hyung!!!!!!!!" Kyungsoo whined.
 
"What?" Baekhyun managed to reply with his mouth full of froth.
 
"A toothbrush is called a PERSONAL care product for a reason! It's supposed to be personal- oof!" Kyungsoo was cut off but Baekhyun stuffing the toothbrush he was using into Kyungsoo's mouth. Baekhyun laughed at the sight of his lover before helping his lover to brush his teeth using the toothbrush he was previously using. Kyungsoo tried to protest, but he couldn't with the toothbrush in his mouth. A few moments later, Baekhyun took out the toothbrush from Kyungsoo's mouth. The both of them rinsed away the froth at their lips, before Baekhyun lean in to kiss Kyungsoo.
 
"When it comes to the two of us, nothing is personal anymore." Baekhyun winked before slapping Kyungsoo's and make his way out into the kitchen. Kyungsoo just stood in the bathroom shaking his head.
 
"This boy...Aish." Kyungsoo thought to himself.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Hyung, why are we doing this again?" Jongin asked, his voice muffled by the mask over his mouth. They are dressed in their disguises. Sunglasses and mask. They are out shopping for Baekhyun's presents in the COEX Mall. It is one of their rare off days given the fact that they are preparing for their comeback.
 
"Well, Baekhyun's birthday is in two more days! I need to buy him some presents but I don't know what to buy, and Chanyeollie hyung is busy distracting Baekhyun, so you have to help me with the present!" Kyungsoo said.
 
"But I am tired... We had practice the whole day yesterday and now I'm supposed to be sleeping.." Jongin whined.
 
"Oh just stop whining like a baby, the faster we chose his presents, the earlier we can go home and rest!" Kyungsoo said. Walking pass a store selling caps, Kyungsoo took out one, it's a blue cap with an orange flap and green under flap. Kyungsoo love seeing Baekhyun wearing caps. He blushed thinking about it. Jongin eyed Kyungsoo who is smiling to himself. 
 
"You want to buy this for him?" Jongin asked, raising a brow.
 
"Yeah... Baekkie looks good in caps.." Kyungsoo's eyes shimmered. Turning to the ahjummah tending the store, he asked, "May I know how much is this?"
 
"It's 30000won." The ahjummah replied. With that, Kyungsoo fished three 10000won notes from his pocket and paid the salesperson.
 
"Hyung! The cap is so expensive!" Jongin said with a shock expression.
 
"It's okay, the cap has the colour of Pororo, and I'd  like Baek to wear it" Kyungsoo chirped. Then, they moved on to a shop selling chains. Kyungsoo eyed a small chain with two entwined rings on it.
 
"How much is this?" Kyungsoo asked, pointing to the chain.
 
"It costs 200000won" the man replied, "are you by any chance buying it for your girlfriend?"
 
"Y-yes.." Kyungsoo said while Jongin eyed Kyungsoo. 
 
"Okay, let me pack that up for you and meet me at the counter for payment." The man said.
 
"Thank you.." Kyungsoo replied.
 
"Girlfriend?!" Jongin said incredulously when the man had walked away.
 
"Well... I couldn't exactly say boyfriend, I may get thrown out of the store for it." Kyungsoo shrugged. Making the payment of the necklace, the both of them went home with a now satisfied Kyungsoo.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Baekhyun sat at the sofa with his mind blank, watching the movie playing in front of him. Currently, they are watching a scene from "Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief" where they entered Medusa's lair and a women being turned into stone. Chanyeol had persuaded him somehow to spent the day watching movie marathon with him in the dorm while HIS Kyungsoo goes shopping with a certain tanned, hormonal y beast. Baekhyun frowned. 
 
"I should be spending time with my baby Kyung now, not sitting here watching movie with this stupendous troll." Baekhyun thought to himself as he glared at Chanyeol. Sensing someone staring at him, Chanyeol looked to his left to see Baekhyun staring at him.
 
"Y-yes?" Chanyeol gulped nervously. 
 
"I wanna be with my baby Soo right now!" Baekhyun whined while thumping his feet on the ground. Chanyeol just laughed.
 
"I know you guys are having your honeymoon period right now, but please, give poor Kyungie a break!" Chanyeol said. Baekhyun just glared at him, then Baekhyun stood up and walked towards Chanyeol. Chanyeol's eyes widened and gulped nervously.
 
"How many times have I said, only I can call Kyungsoo 'Kyungie' you giant derp!" Baekhyun said menacingly and Chanyeol shivered in fear. Just then, the door to the house opened and Baekhyun's ears twitched at the sweet sound of Kyungsoo's "I'm home~" immediately, a smile broke across Baekhyun's face as he dashed towards Kyungsoo and showered him with kisses.
 
"Kyungie pooooooo I missed you"  Baekhyun pouted.
 
"Hyung, I've just went out for an hour or so!" Kyungsoo laughed.
 
"I know, but you should know that I can't live without you." Baekhyun rubbed his nose against Kyungsoo's and Kyungsoo just chuckled. Then, Baekhyun eyed Jongin from the corner of his eyes.
 
"Did you take good care of him?" Baekhyun glared. Jongin gulped.
 
"Y-yes hyung." Jongin stuttered.
 
"Good. You can retire to your own room now." Baekhyun said while glaring at Jongin.
 
"Yes hyung." Jongin hurriedly take the shopping bag from Kyungsoo and hurried to his room. Baekhyun looked curiously.
 
"Did he made you take his shopping bags?! Aish that brat. Seriously. He made my wife take his bags?!" Baekhyun exclaimed.
 
"No no no, I offered to help him!" Kyungsoo squealed.
 
"Baby, you shouldn't have done that! You're my princess and you shouldn't be doing maid's work!" Baekhyun pouted.
 
"Come on hyung, it's just a small shopping bag!" Kyungsoo whined.
 
"Fine fine, if you say so...but don't you ever help anyone carry their things ever again!" Baekhyun rubbed his cheeks to Kyungsoo's cheeks. Kyungsoo laughed.
 
"Yes, okay, I get it. Lets go make some dinner." Kyungsoo said. If only Baekhyun knows that it's Jongin that has been helping him carry all his shopping bags. Kyungsoo smirked to himself. Walking pass the living room to the kitchen, he spied a certain petrified giant  in the sofa.
 
"Channie hyung, what the hell happened to you? Has Medusa invaded our dorm?" Kyungsoo asked curiously while eyeing the TV screen.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
6th May 2013
 
It's Baekhyun's birthday today. The night before, Kyungsoo had slipped a sleeping pill into the glass of milk Baekhyun drinks every night before he sleeps to make Baekhyun sleep as he has to stay up and bake his birthday cake and he couldn't risk having Baekhyun know it. Chanyeol and Jongin had also stayed up to help Kyungsoo with it. Everything is perfect. And so, Kyungsoo hid the cake in a box in the fridge, behind a bunch of vegetables, so Baekhyun would never find it as Baekhyun hates vegetables.
 
That day, the boys have their usual schedules, including going for practices and such. During practices and in between breaks, Kyungsoo kept playing around with Chanyeol and Jongin, and when Baekhyun tried to pull Kyungsoo away for some private moments, Kyungsoo just shrugged him off, thus leaving Baekhyun jealous and sad for the whole day. The day was quickly passed. Throughout the day, Kyungsoo acted as if he has forgotten Baekhyun's birthday. Until when they reached home in the late afternoon...
 
"Ohmygosh, what's with all these fan supports....oh! Baekkie it's addressed to you! 'Happy Birthday Baekhyun'.....oh.." Kyungsoo acted. Baekhyun obviously looked annoyed.
 
"Yeah. Glad that you remembered." Baekhyun said sarcastically before heading back into his bedroom. Kyungsoo smiled to himself. 
 
"Attempt to make Baekhyun sad before surprising him, success!" Kyungsoo high fived with Chanyeol and Jongin. Signaling for the other members to join him, they took the cake out from the fridge and lit the candles as Kyungsoo goes into Baekhyun's room to "talk" to him.
 
"Baekkie.. Are you angry?" Kyungsoo acted sad. Baekhyun huffed.
 
"No, not at all." Baekhyun said sarcastically. Kyungsoo smiled knowing his plans have worked.
 
"Baekkie...don't be angry." Kyungsoo pouted.
 
"How can I not be angry when MY boyfriend has totally forgotten about my birthday. Not to mention when MY  boyfriend decided to ignore my attempts to be lovey dovey by sticking around his FRIENDS for the whole day. You're making me feel so unloved!" Baekhyun shrieked. Kyungsoo flinched, it's not like Baekhyun to scream at him. Seeing Kyungsoo flinch, Bakehyun felt guilty for shouting at the one he loves.
 
"Kyungie..." Baekhyun started. Then, suddenly the room door flew open.
 
"SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!" All eleven members including Kyungsoo shouted. Baekhyun was shocked. He looked at the cake that Chanyeol was holding and the icing reads "Happy Birthday Baekkie" in Kyungsoo's squiggly piping handwritings. His eyes grew large.
 
"HAHAHA BAEK HYUNG YOU LOOK EPIC!" Sehun laughed. Baekhyun was still stunned, but he was laughing.
 
"We all, oops, I mean, Kyungsoo had been planning this surprise for you for days! We bet you must have been feeling really ish that he had pretended to forget your birthday!" Junmyeon said. Baekhyun is feeling tears in his eyes.
 
"Kyungie...." Baekhyun looked at Kyungsoo with tears in his eyes. Kyungsoo held up a gift bag.
 
"For you! Baekkie!" Kyungsoo took out the chain, "do you want me to help you wear it?" Kyungsoo asked. Baekhyun nodded furiously as he wiped away his tears clumsily. Kyungsoo chuckled. He moved behind Baekhyun to put the necklace on him, and when he is done, he kissed Baekhyun's sensitive spot on the nape of his neck. He love nuzzling Baekhyun's sensitive spot. Then, Kyungsoo took out the cap and gave it to Baekhyun.
 
"Baekkie, for you. I want you to wear this for me." Kyungsoo said handing Baekhyun the cap.
 
"Thank you Kyungie..." Baekhyun said. After wearing the cap, Baekhyun bent down to kiss Kyungsoo. Only to be stopped by the flap of the cap hitting Kyungsoo's head. 
 
"Ouch!" Kyungsoo whined. Baekhyun laughed.
 
It is a really bad idea to kiss while wearing a cap. Taking off the cap, Baekhyun was about to bend down and kiss Kyungsoo again when someone spoke.
 
"Umma, can we hurry sing the birthday song then eat the cake already? The cake you baked is really heavy and the chocolate icing is so damn tempting. And I'm hungry." Chanyeol whined.
 
.....
 
.....
 
.....
 
...
 
...
 
...
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
HAHAHA. SORRY. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I WAS THINKING. towards the end I have encountered my very first writer's mind block. BTW, the cap that Kyungsoo bought for Baekhyun is the cap in the picture I used in this chapter :3 but he didn't really buy it in real life obviously....HAHAHA I have no idea what I am writing towards the end. Sorry for the ish chapter :( I will try to do better and fluffier next time >_< sorry for all the grammatical errors! And thank you to everyone that read/subscribed to this story! I love you guys! My subscribers list is going up! Woohoo! Love you guys! Thank you sooooooo much for supporting this story ;~~~~~;