Confession

The Distance Between Us

 

"Where there is desire there is gonna be a flame, where there is a flame someone's bound to get burned"

Angst alert.
"Hyung, are you okay?" Kyungsoo peeped into Baekhyun and Chanyeol's shared bedroom. Baekhyun had woke up hours ago, but he had just been lying around on his bed doing nothing. He thought of what Eunji screamed at him again and again. It's been two weeks since Eunji broke up with him. And he realized that, he really love his best friend. He realized that he is gay.
 
"Ah Kyungsoo.. You are really sending me straight to hell..." Baekhyun thought to himself before replying Kyungsoo's question.
 
"I'm fine Kyungie. Just...tired." Baekhyun smiled.
 
"I know the break up is rough, you could talk to me if you want, I mean...we are best friends after all..." Kyungsoo said while looking at the floor.
 
"Nah...it's alright. I mean...is it strange if I feel nothing after breaking up? I mean... I don't even feel sad." Baekhyun said.
 
"I'm not sure...but normally people would feel...sad?" Kyungsoo said.
 
"I don't know... I mean... I've dated her for 8 months yet...nothing. I feel nothing. Maybe I didn't love her..." as much as I love you... Baekhyun didn't say the last part as he isn't sure of how Kyungsoo would feel.
 
"Well...maybe it's just a fling?" Kyungsoo asked.
 
"Yeah maybe.." Baekhyun replied. Just then, the room door opened.
 
"Guys, hurry up get ready! Have you forgotten about our schedule today?!" Junmyeon shouted. Hurriedly, the pair went to get ready for their rehearsals.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Seoul Girls' Collection Performance. That's the event of the day. 
 
Both Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were required to sing "What is Love" for the event and Baekhyun can't help but shuddered a little.
 
"Okay Kyungsoo, move over a little, Baekhyun stand under the light...yes there. Yup good. Okay, backtrack ready? Okay. 'What is Love' playing in 3, 2, 1." The director directed from the control room. 
 
"Making a day feel like a minute
With you, I'm the main character of a movie"
 
Baekhyun sang. All he thought about is Kyungsoo. Standing beside him. 
 
"As if I'm about to film an action scene to come see you,
as if I've become a hero"
 
All Baekhyun hear is Kyungsoo's voice, melodious and harmonious with his. A perfect blend.
 
"You're perfect to me, I imagined
How would it be if we were together?
If only you say okay, everything is perfect, oh baby
 
I lost my mind, the moment I saw you
Except you, everything get in slow motion"
 
Yes. Baekhyun had lost his mind since the first time they met each other in the music room the first day Baekhyun became a SM Trainee. He lost his mind the first time ever he saw his face. Those large innocent eyes and all. He wants all of it.
 
"Tell me, if this is love
Sharing and learning countless emotions everyday with you
Fighting, crying and hugging
Tell me, if this is love"
 
He loved him. But he don't know if Kyungsoo loves him back.
 
"All the guys in the world are jealous of me
They must be jealous to death of me, for having you
Even after the sun goes down and moon goes down, it will never change
You will find out that I'm a guy whom you can trust"
 
Baekhyun wants to be there for Kyungsoo, he wants the world to be jealous of what is his and only his. But...he is not sure if Kyungsoo wants to trust him.
 
"I don't know why, this unconditional emotion
Did I ever imagine?
Next to me, you shine more brightly as I become a better guy"
 
Next to Kyungsoo, Baekhyun sure became a better guy. It is because of him Baekhyun loves performing on stage. It is because of him he love to sing. He is his everything.
 
"I lost my mind, the moment I saw you
Except you, everything get in slow motion
Tell me, if this is love
Sharing and learning countless emotions everyday with you
Fighting, crying and hugging
Tell me, if this is love"
 
Baekhyun is losing it. He is on the verge of breaking down. But he is on stage, so he suppressed the urge to cry.
 
"If you wish and wish earnestly
Will it come true, like the fairytales?
A never-ending happy ending, happily ever after"
 
Kyungsoo sang. Baekhyun listened to his words. Will it really come true? Will they really have a happy ending? Baekhyun wasn't so sure anymore..
 
"I will trust you, protect you and comfort you
I will be on your side
I will never leave your side"
 
Baekhyun screamed the note out with all his heart as he really wants to do all of that which the song suggested for Kyungsoo. 
 
"I lost my mind, the moment I saw you
Except you, everything get in slow montion
Tell me, if this is love
Sharing and learning countless emotions everyday with you
Fighting, crying and hugging
Tell me, if this is love
 
All the guys in the world are jealous of me
They must be jealous to death of me, for having you
My babe, baby babe, baby baby
I can tell, this is love
I will make you smile often like a child
I will make you feel the most comfortable, like a friend"
 
The song is coming to an ending, but Baekhyun's feelings are overwhelming him on stage.
 
"A little more. Just a little bit more." Baekhyun thought to himself.
 
"My babe, baby babe, baby baby
Tell me, what is love?"
 
Done. Baekhyun broke. A tear slipped pass his eyes, he quickly wiped them away but he was too slow. It was all too late. The world had seen his tears. Blinking, Baekhyun passes it off as his eyeliner getting into his eyes. Everyone seems to believe it except for a certain someone. And that certain someone is a certain doe eyed boy that is his best friend. The very same guy that Baekhyun cried for.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
That night in the dorm, Kyungsoo cornered Baekhyun in his shared bedroom with Chanyeol.
 
"Hyung...you have to let it all out." Kyungsoo told Baekhyun.
 
"What? I have nothing to let out I'm fi-"
 
"Stop saying you're fine hyung! Let it out! You shouldn't keep all your problems to yourself!"
 
"I'm not keeping anythi-"
 
"I'm your best friend for god sakes! I feel useless seeing you this sad! Can't you just tell me what's wrong and let me help?" Kyungsoo cried. Tears flowing down readily from his milky cheeks. Baekhyun's heart broke seeing Kyungsoo cry because of him. Baekhyun's floodgates of tears opened.
 
"Kyungie... Don't cry for me.." Baekhyun said while using his thumb to wipe away Kyungsoo's tears from the corner of his eyes.
 
"But you are so sad and you are crying and I couldn't do anything to help..." Kyungsoo's tears continued flowing down freely.
 
"I'm not worth it Soo.. I'm not worth for your concern...I'm nothing but disgusting..."
 
"Why do you say that hyung? You are not! You are handsome, you are cute, you are perfect for every girl!" Kyungsoo coughed through his tears.
 
"THAT'S WHY. I'm am perfect for every GIRL." Baekhyun shouted and emphasized on the word "girl".
 
"Huh...? What do you mea- oof!" Kyungsoo was being cut off by Baekhyun's lips crashing onto his. Kyungsoo was shocked. Baekhyun kissed him. Byun. Baek. Hyun. His best friend. Kissed him. His eyes turned to the size of dinner plates. Baekhyun is holding Kyungsoo in his place so that Kyungsoo couldn't escape while Baekhyun is ravishing his lips hungrily. Kyungsoo kept squirming and trying to pull away but Baekhyun is just too strong for him. Finally, Baekhyun pulled away from him.
 
"THIS IS WHAT I ING MEAN." Baekhyun shouted. Kyungsoo was stunned. He was speechless. He just stood there, trying to digest what just happened. His best friend just stolen a kiss from him. Kyungsoo cried even more.
 
"Soo..." Baekhyun started, putting his hands on Kyungsoo's shoulders. Kyungsoo pushed Baekhyun away.
 
"Stay the hell away from me." Kyungsoo whispered shakily before fleding the room, leaving a crying Baekhyun alone. Baekhyun cried his heart out as he fell on his knees. He cried until his voice were hoarse and his eyes were red. He cried until he has no more tears. Then, he eventually fell asleep on the floor murmuring Kyungsoo's name.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kyungsoo fled back to his room. He shut the door tight and locked it. He could hear Baekhyun's pathetic cries even when his doors are closed. He really wants to go back to Baekhyun and comfort him. But then, he realized. Baekhyun just confessed to him that he is gay. It's not that Kyungsoo couldn't understand, but Kyungsoo is being brought up in a very traditional family. People who strayed from tradition in his family would be kicked out and their parents would not even acknowledge them. Kyungsoo is scared. He was already feeling very confused about his feelings for Baekhyun. And that kissed made it even worst. From the start, he had knew that what he felt for Baekhyun is something more than a friend. But he kept denying it. Thus, he dated Minah. He dated a girl to prove that he is straight. He dated a girl to erase his feelings for Baekhyun. He dated a girl to bury the feelings he had for his best friend deep inside himself so that no one would know. But the kiss that Baekhyun just gave him had made everything resurfaced. He touched his lips, the spot where Baekhyun kissed him. He cried even more. All this time he had no idea that Baekhyun actually loves him. 
 
"Hyung, are you okay?" a concerned Jongin approached him. Crouching down to Kyungsoo who is sitting on the floor, he asked, "what happened?"
 
"Nothing, just go back to sleep." Kyungsoo replied curtly.
 
"You look like , and you're telling me it's nothing?" Jongin raised his brows.
 
"It's just... Baekhyun..." Kyungsoo sniffled. He recounted everything to Jongin who just sat there and listened.
 
"I don't know what to feel!" Kyungsoo wailed as Jongin hugged Kyungsoo while patting his back to calm him down.
 
"It's alright hyung..you should sleep.." Jongin replied.
 
"But I can't...my mind is too full of stuff.." Kyungsoo cried.
 
"Just sleep. When you wake up, the troubles would still be there, but at least you'll have energy to deal with it.." Jongin said comfortingly.
 
"Okay..." Kyungsoo wiped his tears with the back of his hands like a child.
 
"Do you wanna sleep with me tonight?" Jongin offered.
 
"Okay..." with that, the both of them slipped into Jongin's bed. Kyungsoo snuggled closer to Jongin.
 
It is comforting, yet it's not what he's used to. The scent, the body shape, the warmth. It's all unfamiliar.
 
That night Kyungsoo had a fitful sleep.
 
Because it's not Baekhyun.
 
.....
 
.....
 
.....
 
...
 
...
 
...
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
Ha.ha.ha.ha.ha..... I'm guessing many of you are dying to murder me now. This had been such an emotional and angsty chapter that I'm changing my tags from slightangst to angst. I almost cried typing it. Oh, I conveniently used the Seoul Girls Collection as my target as Baekhyun really had tears in his eyes when he sang "What is Love" so...yeah. Oh, and this is just a fan FICTION, none of it is real hahaha so don't worry :3 anyways... Forgive me T~T I will let the story develop slowly as I've said before as I don't want to rush things......so don't murder me T~T I still have a bright future ahead hahaha. I love you guys, I love all my subscribers and viewers, I love all of your comments, it's your comments that kept me going. I really love all of you! So thank you everyone, for supporting this story. Once again, forgive me for any grammatical errors T~T ILU GUYS! <3