Everland

The Distance Between Us

 

"Just stay at the same spot and don’t change, I love you this much..."

 
Baekhyun woke up early that morning. He smiled, feeling a certain ball of warmth balled up against him. Opening his eyes, he saw that Kyungsoo is still snoring lightly beside him. He use his right forefinger and lightly trace the cute features of Kyungsoo's face, lingering a little longer at his lips. Kyungsoo's brows furrowed when the fingers went near his eyes, and relaxed when the fingers his cheeks. Baekhyun smiled at the reaction. 
 
It is been a few weeks after their "Wolf" comeback, and they are back to their waking up late, and relaxing and slacking away for the whole day period again, before their repackage album comes out. There is no schedules for the day, thus, Baekhyun had planned out a very special date for him and Kyungsoo that day. He never has a date with Kyungsoo before, thus, he wants their first date to be perfect. Not wanting to wake Kyungsoo up, he stealthily snuck out of the bed, and went to the kitchen to prepare a "lover's breakfast for Kyungsoo.
 
The "lover's breakfast" that Baekhyun is making is actually just some fried bacon and eggs, along with a slice of Lemon Fruit Cake from Paris Baguette which he literally begged his manager to buy it for him so that he can surprise Kyungsoo with his favourite cake. Baekhyun took out the cake from the fridge and set it on the table, before heading over to the stove.
 
"Bacon...how do I cook this...? Hahaha I'm cooking myself... It seems easy, yet so hard...." Baekhyun murmured to himself. Shrugging, he took out a frying pan, and pour tons of oil onto it.
 
"Is this too much oil....?" Baekhyun thought, "nah, it's just right! If not the bacon's gonna get charred!" Baekhyun snapped his fingers, proud of his own "intelligence". 
 
Heating up the oil, he placed three slices of bacon on the pan and began to fry them. "Do I need to season this...? Of course I need! Silly me!" Baekhyun mumbled as he measured out a mountain of salt and sprinkled it all over the cooking bacon.
 
He left the bacon to cook for a little while as he went over to the fridge to take out couple of eggs. Baekhyun looked at the pan and thought, "hmmm maybe I could fry the eggs with the bacon!" Nodding to himself, he went over and cracked two eggs (imperfectly such that some eggshells fell into the pan too) into the frying pan. Soon, the "breakfast" is cooked. Baekhyun gave himself a pat on the back as he transferred the food onto a plate. Smiling, he placed the plate on a tray, along with the lemon fruit cake and a small bottle of Kyungsoo's favourite banana milk. He then made his way into the room to wake his lover up.
 
Kyungsoo is going to have the "best" breakfast of his lifetime today.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Kyungie~" Kyungsoo felt someone poking his cheeks. Frowning, he swatted the thing away from his cheeks irritably. He heard someone chuckled.
 
"Kyung Kyung~ wakey wakey~" someone cooed into his ear as he felt a weight on top of him. Groaning, he lazily opened one eye to see Baekhyun sitting on top of him, straddling him.
 
"Hyung, what are you doing? Why did you wake up so early for?" Kyungsoo whined. Baekhyun caressed his cheeks tenderly before leaning down to kiss Kyungsoo good morning.
 
"I've made you breakfast!" Baekhyun said excitedly. Kyungsoo was instantly awake.
 
"What?! Ohmygosh. Is my kitchen okay?!" Kyungsoo said with a shocked expression. Baekhyun pouted.
 
"Yah! Kyung, you belittled me!" Baekhyun said.
 
"Well, you only knows how to eat, of course I'm worried!" 
 
"Whatever!" Baekhyun pouted before moving off Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo sat up in the bed and looked over at Baekhyun who is holding a tray towards him while smiling brightly.
 
"Here's breakfast in bed for my wifey!" Baekhyun beamed. Kyungsoo eyed the tray suspiciously.
 
"You sure it's.....edible?" Kyungsoo asked as he picked up the fork and poked the food. The eggs and bacons glistened in the light of their room.
 
"Yup! Try it! I've spent so much time cooking them!" Baekhyun said like an excited child. Poking the eggs, Kyungsoo put a piece in his mouth. He chewed.
 
"Mmm it actually tastes goo- wait a second..." Kyungsoo spits something out. He chewed the egg and found that there's eggshells in the egg!
 
"Baekkie!!! There's eggshells in them!!! Are you trying to choke me or something?" Kyungsoo said, looking horrified, while showing Baekhyun the brittle eggshell he spat out. Baekhyun looks fear stricken.
 
"I'm so sorry Kyungie! Try the bacon instead!" Baekhyun said, taking the fork from Kyungsoo and stabbed a slice of bacon and put it in front of Kyungsoo's mouth. Kyungsoo, still shellshocked from the previous food item, opened his mouth reluctantly as he saw Baekhyun's cute puppy eyes. He regretted the instant the bacon touched his tongue. He spit it out with so much force that the bacon flew all the way to the wall directly opposite of where he is laying. Baekhyun's eyes turned wide.
 
"Y-yah! Are you trying to get me bladder stones?! Does your family sell salt?! The bacon is sooooooooooooooooooo sooooooooooooooooooo salty!!!!! AND OILY!!!!! I can feel myself gaining 10 kilograms from that bite!!!!!!!" Kyungsoo gagged with tears in his eyes. Baekhyun looked at his feet sheepishly while Kyungsoo rant and rant about his cooking and kept going on about how Baekhyun shouldn't cook if he don't know how to.
 
"Kyungie ah...sorry.." Baekhyun put on his best cute puppy face and send sparkling looks towards Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo sighed. He eyed the tray and saw the cake. 
 
"What is that?" Kyungsoo asked. Baekhyun eyes sparkled even more.
 
"It's your favourite Lemon Fruit Cake!" Baekhyun squealed, taking the cake and held it in front of Kyungsoo's face. Kyungsoo eyed the cake suspiciously.
 
"You sure that it's not going to give me diarrhea?" Kyungsoo gave a skeptical look and Baekhyun just frowned.
 
"Is from Paris Baguette!" Baekhyun said. Kyungsoo took the fork from Baekhyun's hands and took a nibble of the cake into his mouth. It is indeed his favourite cake from his favourite stall. He smiled.
 
"At least something's edible." 
 
"Yah Kyungie!"
 
"What? Would you like to try your own cooking?"
 
"N-no..."
 
"Next time, just leave the cooking to me, I appreciate your intent, but please don't ever try that again. Okay?" Kyungsoo said while rubbing the older's head endearingly.
 
"Okay~ gladly. I swear I'll never ever cook again!" Baekhyun said. Then, a growl can be heard. Baekhyun looked down embarrassingly. Kyungsoo smiled.
 
"You hungry?" Kyungsoo asked.
 
"Y-yeah.." Baekhyun said shyly.
 
"Good, then maybe you should eat your own made-in-hell breakfast!" Kyungsoo said with mischief gleaming in his eyes. Baekhyun looks horrified.
 
"What?! No!" Baekhyun exclaimed. Kyungsoo laughed.
 
"Just kidding, lets go out, I'll cook you some food." Kyungsoo smiled.
 
"Yay! Wife's the best!"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
After eating the breakfast that Kyungsoo cooked, Baekhyun brought Kyungsoo out in their disguises (sunglasses and masks). When Kyungsoo asked where are they going, Baekhyun just said that its a surprise. 
 
After driving for about an hour, they've reached a certain deserted place. 
 
"Okay guys, we're here, here's some toy masks for you guys, make sure no one catches you two okay? I will be here to fetch you guys at 10PM, okay?" Their manager said.
 
"Okay! Don't worry hyung! We will be ninjas today! Thank you for driving us here!" Baekhyun said, grabbing the toy mask. He handed the Pororo mask to Kyungsoo, and wore the Mickey Mouse mask himself. Kyungsoo looked at Baekhyun skeptically, then looked at the mask in his hands.
 
"Hyung, where exactly are we going?" Kyungsoo asked. Baekhyun just rubbed Kyungsoo's hair.
 
"You will know soon! Hurry! Put on the mask!" Baekhyun said excitedly. Kyungsoo sighed before putting on the mask. The pair made their way out of the car and walked towards a bus stop. Then, a shuttle bus with the board reading "to Everland" came.
 
"Everland?! We are going to Everland?!" Kyungsoo asked, astonished. Baekhyun chuckled. 
 
"Yup! Surprise! Lets go!" Baekhyun pulled Kyungsoo up the shuttle bus. Luckily for them, it is a weekday, thus very little people is actually going to Everland. Choosing a seat somewhere behind, Baekhyun held onto Kyungsoo's hand while Kyungsoo squirmed uncomfortably.
 
"Hyung..." Kyungsoo started.
 
"Yes Kyungie?" Baekhyun said, while looking at Kyungsoo in the eye, through the hole on the masks.
 
"You do notice that we are in the public right?" Kyungsoo whispered while looking down at their adjoined hands.
 
"Oh...right." Baekhyun said as he pull away. The rest of the ride is kind of awkward as the couple couldn't have much interactions as they are in a strict country like Korea, where homouality isn't welcomed. After a long ride, they have reached Everland.
 
"Kyungie lets go!" Baekhyun grabbed Kyungsoo's hands again and ran off into Everland after paying for the tickets.
 
"So...where do you wanna go first?" Baekhyun asked Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo gave it a thought. He has always loved amusement parks as he love the exhilarating rides, and it has been long since he has ever came to one. 
 
"Hyung! Lets go there first!" Kyungsoo pointed to the T-Express where the roller coaster would dip a good 70-90 degrees downwards. Baekhyun gulped visibly as he was never a fan of roller coasters.
 
"Err...Kyungie ah, can we take other rides first...?" Baekhyun asked. He doesn't want to sound or look like a wimp in front of Kyungsoo, but he would rather end his life than take the scary ride. Kyungsoo raised his brows.
 
"Why hyung? Are you afraid of heights?" Kyungsoo teased. Luckily for the mask, Kyungsoo couldn't see Baekhyun's blushed. Yes, Baekhyun is scared of heights.
 
"N-no. I mean.. I would.. You know.." Words failed to form for Baekhyun.
 
"If you're not, then lets go!" The oblivious Kyungsoo is at it again. He dragged a very pale looking Baekhyun up the ride. Soon, it is their turn to go on the ride. As the safety handles descended on them, Baekhyun regretted his decision.
 
"K-Kyungie... I'm scared..." Baekhyun whimpered. Kyungsoo smirked under his mask but he doesn't show.
 
"Come on hyung! It will be fun!!!" Kyungsoo squealed excitedly. Then, without warning, the ride began. As the roller coaster began to ascend slowly, Baekhyun gulped nervously.
 
"C-can I get off now?" Baekhyun asked.
 
"No." The roller coaster reached the peak. Baekhyun squeezed his eyes shut and bit his lips. He could hear Kyungsoo laughing at him but he doesn't care. Then, the roller coaster dipped, and fell all the way down.
 
"AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" Baekhyun screamed while Kyungsoo laughed all the way. Baekhyun held onto the safety handles for dear life as tears started flowing. He just kept on screaming and screaming even though he swore that at some point of time, a bug flew into his throat, but he doesn't care as he continues to scream.
 
Soon, Baekhyun lost track of all time and feelings as he numbly held onto the handles wishing for the ride to stop. After a good five to ten minutes, or what Baekhyun perceives as a thousand years later, the roller coaster came to a stop. As the safety bars are being released, Baekhyun felt weak in his knees as he tried to stand up, only to sit back down into the seat. Kyungsoo smirked.
 
"What? Hyung? You want to ride it again?" Kyungsoo asked as innocent as he may seem, but not so innocently. Baekhyun shook his head furiously as he stood up.
 
"Great! What should we ride next? I know! Lets go ride that!" Kyungsoo pointed at a ride that flips them 720 degrees all around. Baekhyun felt blood drained from his face. 
 
It is going to be a long day.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
After a long day of -torturing Baekhyun- fun and games, the couple realized that it is 7:30PM already, meaning that the themepark would close soon. Baekhyun still feels his stomach lurching from all the horrible rides that Kyungsoo forced him to take with him, however, seeing Kyungsoo being all happy, he felt that it was all worth it. Baekhyun brought Kyungsoo over to the Ferris wheel, and went up the ride.
 
In the Ferris wheel, Baekhyun took off his mask as well as Kyungsoo's mask. Finally, some privacy at last. 
 
"Kyungie."
 
"Hmmm?" The younger looked up at the older as the Ferris wheel ascended slowly.
 
"I still have one more surprise for you." Kyungsoo looked taken aback. He thought that the trip to Everland was already the greatest surprise of the day.
 
"What is it?" Kyungsoo asked curiously. Baekhyun smiled sheepishly before taking his phone out of his pocket.
 
"Remember how we became boyfriends?" Baekhyun asked. Kyungsoo nodded as he blushed, remembering that he had serenaded to Baekhyun to ask him to be with him.
 
"Y-yeah?" Kyungsoo said.
 
"Well... Since you've sang a song for me, I have a song for you too...although I don't have the fancy speakers like the ones you've used at home, but I hope that this will be enough..." Baekhyun said, then, he pressed the play button on his phone, and a backtrack came playing. Baekhyun started singing.
 
"The day we met, 
Frozen I held my breath 
Right from the start 
I knew that I'd found a home for my heart... 
Beats fast 
Colors and promises 
How to be brave? 
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall 
But watching you stand alone? 
All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow"
 
The song is in English, but both of them knew the lyrics of the song deeply as both of them had watched the "Twilight" series together. And Kyungsoo loved the song a lot.
 
"One step closer "
 
Baekhyun held onto Kyungsoo's hands and looked into his eyes.
 
"I have died everyday waiting for you 
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you 
For a thousand years 
I'll love you for a thousand more "
 
Baekhyun sang as he poured passion into each words. The Ferris wheel ascended ever slowly, and the night-lights in the themepark started coming on.
 
"Time stands still 
Beauty in all she is 
I will be brave 
I will not let anything take away 
What's standing in front of me 
Every breath 
Every hour has come to this"
 
Kyungsoo looks absolutely beautiful right now in front of Baekhyun, tears of joy glistening off his skin as he looked at Baekhyun endearingly.
 
"One step closer" 
 
Kyungsoo buried his face into Baekhyun's chest.
 
"I have died everyday waiting for you 
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you 
For a thousand years 
I'll love you for a thousand more 
 
And all along I believed I would find you 
Time has brought your heart to me 
I have loved you for a thousand years 
I'll love you for a thousand more "
 
Baekhyun hugged Kyungsoo tightly as he sang each word. Yes, Baekhyun love Kyungsoo. Time has brought their hearts together, and he is willing to love Kyungsoo for a thousand, a million, a trillion more years.
 
"One step closer 
 
I have died everyday waiting for you 
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you 
For a thousand years 
I'll love you for a thousand more 
 
And all along I believed I would find you 
Time has brought your heart to me 
I have loved you for a thousand years 
I'll love you for a thousand more..."
 
As the song came to an end, the Ferris wheel had reached the highest peak. Kyungsoo looked up at Baekhyun with tears in his eyes. He tried to wipe them away clumsily, but Baekhyun stopped him, and wiped his tears for him.
 
"Byun Baekhyun, I swear you are one cheesy guy." Kyungsoo said as he leaned in and kissed Baekhyun.
 
"Your cheesy guy." Baekhyun smiled.
 
"And I love you."
 
"I love you too." 
 
"I love you more." Kyungsoo ended, and kissed Baekhyun again. Just at the moment, fireworks shot up the sky. Both of them were shocked, but nonetheless, it's breath-taking. Pulling each other back into a deep kiss, they shared the special moment together.
 
They really love each other.
 
And is willing to love each other for a thousand more years.
 
Nothing is ever going to get in their love for each other.
 
.....
 
.....
 
.....
 
...
 
...
 
...
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
So...this is the last filler chapter. Hehehe hopefully you guys like this chapter, as I tried to make it more...interesting(?) HAHAHAHA so...now I'm not following the events of their real life already, currently, it is fast forwarded into the future, so...yeah HAHAHA anyways, next chapter will be the pilot of another...angsty side of the story, but it is the main plot of the story hehehe. Hope you guys won't hate me so much >_< pardon me for all my grammatical/vocabulary errors! I will try to update soon! Peace out! ^w^¥