Doubles

The Distance Between Us

 

"Two is better than one...isn't it?"

"This is supposed to be a date for me to know him better. Not for you and him to stroll down memory lane. You get it?" Minah huffed and then left a very stunned-looking Baekhyun standing outside the toilet alone.
 
 Baekhyun face palmed himself. He knew in his guts that he should never have agreed so readily to come on a double date with Eunji, Kyungsoo and Minah. He'd known that double dates are extremely bad ideas. However, the thought of spending more time with Kyungsoo made him want to sacrifice everything and just head out with him. Baekhyun went into the toilet and splashed some water on his face.
 
"Gotta cool down. Gotta cool down. Got-" Baekhyun thought to himself. And then, the toilet's door opened.
 
"Hyung, are you okay? You've been here for quite sometime, so I thought I'd come and check on you." a very concerned looking Kyungsoo came in.
 
"Yeap, I'm fine Soo." Baekhyun faked a smile.
 
"You looked... Worried. Are you sure you're fine?" Kyungsoo asked.
 
"Yes. I'm fine, why not let's head out and find the girls?" Baekhyun said trying to look happy.
 
"Okay sure!" Kyungsoo said. Together, they walked out of the toilet.
 
Baekhyun had never once thought that double-dating is a good idea.
 

 

[FLASHBACK]
 
"Hyuuuuung! Me and Minah is heading out today~ do you wanna join us? I mean, since everyone has went out with their family and friends, you'd be alone when I left too..." Kyungsoo said.
 
"Nah, it's okay.. I don't wanna be gooseberry for you two." Baekhyun replied.
 
"You can ask EunJi along! Besides, double dates are fun!" Kyungsoo clapped excitedly. Baekhyun smiled, thinking maybe it's not that bad of an idea after all.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
2 hours later, the four of them were sitting at a restaurant eating western food. Chatting and laughing.
 
"You know, that time Kyungsoo oppa was so drunk that he even danced on the table!" Minah laughed.
 
"Yah Minah! You should stop telling them about that embarrassing night!" Kyungsoo blushes.
 
"It's not that embarrassing~ I left out the even more embarrassing part where you lost to Tiffany unni when drinking! Oops, did I just said that out loud?" Minah said. Everyone laughed loudly except for Kyungsoo who just sat there and blushed.
 
"Oh god! This is so embarrassing! My image!" Kyungsoo wailed.
 
"I'm glad you got drunk that night though... I mean, it was how we met after all." Minah said while blushing.
 
"Awwwww how cute the two of you are!" EunJi cooed. Baekhyun just laughed.
 
"Yeah, Soo is cute when he's drunk. I mean, he almost woke the whole dorm up and I have to take care of him for the whole night." Baekhyun laughed.
 
"Yah hyung! Stop!!!" Kyungsoo blushes.
 
"You know, he even begged me to stay and cuddle with him for the whole night!" Baekhyun spilled. Kyungsoo flushes even more deeply at the memory of waking up to Baekhyun cuddling with him. The table fell silent.
 
"Well...this is awkward." EunJi said. 
 
"Come on! We are just friends! Why can't we cuddle? Moreover little Kyungie was so drunk!"
 
"HYUNG! Stahp!" Kyungsoo cried out.
 
"Okay okay~ I will leave out the horrifying details of your hangover and what you did when you're drunk and how smooth yo-"
 
"HYUNG!" Kyungsoo blushes. Everyone laughed.
 
After the lunch, everyone paid and went out of the restaurant.
 
"Say...should we get some dessert?" Minah asked. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun eyed Paris Baguette at the end of the street, and began to steer the group towards the shop.
 
"Baekhyun hyung and I used to come here during our predebut days." Kyungsoo said. He took in a moment to reminisce before entering the shop. After they were seated, Baekhyun took the initiative to take orders and buy the various pastries for everyone.
 
"Hyung! I would like to hav-"
 
"Iced Americano and Lemon Fruit Cake." Baekhyun cut Kyungsoo off. Kyungsoo smiled.
 
"Yes hyung.. How did yo-"
 
"Oh come on Kyungie! I know they are your favourites. You've been ordering that since the first time we came here together!" Baekhyun said while patting Kyungsoo's head. 
 
EunJi and Minah witnessed the exchange but said nothing except to squirm uncomfortably in their seats. Seeing the girls' reactions, the boys hurriedly look away from each other and then they resumed their own activities. Soon, Baekhyun came back with their drinks and cakes.
 
"Oppa~ is your cake any good?" Minah asked Kyungsoo while snuggling closer to him.
 
"I won't try eating it if I was you." Baekhyun said. Minah raised a brow while Baekhyun laughed.
 
"Yah hyung! You've got a problem with my preferences?" Kyungsoo replied.
 
"Soo yah, why can't you eat the chocolate ones? Lemon is so...weird!" Baekhyun chuckled.
 
"I don't like chocolates." Kyungsoo shivered.
 
"Why oppa? Chocolates are so good!" Minah said.
 
"I know why!" Baekhyun smirked. All eyes are on Baekhyun.
 
"During our predebut days, Jongin and I made some chocolate muffins for Kyungie's birthday, and we used too much cocoa powder and too little sugar! Thus, now our little Soo has phobias for chocolates." Baekhyun laughed.
 
"Yah! I ate them still! It was so bitter and disgusting!" Kyungsoo said in disgust.
 
"If it's disgusting why do you still eat it?" Baekhyun asked.
 
"I hate to waste your efforts! Which caused me severe food poisoning..." Kyungsoo replied solemnly.
 
"But it was only one time!" Baekhyun retorted.
 
"Once was enough." Kyungsoo shivered.
 
"Oppa, would you try chocolate cake again?" Minah asked.
 
"Maybe...if it wasn't so bad." Kyungsoo said. Baekhyun smirked.
 
"I mean, I only dislike chocolate cakes, but I still love chocolate ice cream an- oof!" Baekhyun had sneakily stuffed a piece of his Chocolate Freshcream Cake into Kyungsoo's mouth to shut him up. Minah, Eunji and Kyungsoo's eyes turned as wide as dinner plates.
 
"Hyung!"
"Oppa!"
 
All three of them looked at Baekhyun shocked while Baekhyun only laughed.
 
"I could have choked!" Kyungsoo whined.
 
"Well? Do you love chocolate cakes now?" Baekhyun asked.
 
".....maybe..." Kyungsoo replied shyly.
 
"I need the toilet." Minah announced.
 
[END OF FLASHBACK]
 

 

 
"Oppa~ where should we go next?" Minah asked while sitting closer to Kyungsoo and eyeing Baekhyun.
 
"Hmmm I'm not sure, where do you guys wanna go next?" Kyungsoo asked.
 
"Hey! I have an idea!" EunJi suddenly piped up.
 
"What is it?" Baekhyun asked.
 
"Let's go to the karaoke." EunJi smiled.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
30mins later, the four of them are sittings in the comfortable seats in the karaoke suite room.
 
"Oppa~ can we sing a duet together?" Minah asked Kyungsoo sweetly.
 
"Okay!" Kyungsoo replied. Minah blushed as she took over the controller and chose a song. Demi Lovato's "Give Your Heart a Break."
 
"I know that song!" Kyungsoo said. Then, the both of them stood up and sang. Baekhyun and EunJi just sat and swayed in their seats. Baekhyun can't help but stared at Kyungsoo.
 
"His eyes are so big and bright..his lips moves so perfectly..his smiles are so...wait..what am I-" Baekhyun looked to his right and saw EunJi looking at him. Then, EunJi turned away. Baekhyun swore that he saw tears forming at the sides of her eyes. Then, the song ended. Both EunJi and Baekhyun gave Minah and Kyungsoo applause.
 
"Hyung! Wanna sing a song with me?" Kyungsoo asked.
 
"Uh...sure, why not?" Baekhyun replied.
 
"What song would you like to sing?" Kyungsoo asked.
 
"Any song you choose Soo." Baekhyun said while looking at the floor.
 
"Let's see..." Kyungsoo began scrolling down the duet section. His eyes brightened up as he saw a song. "Hyung! Lets sing this!" excitedly, Kyungsoo chose the song "Just Give Me a Reason" by P!NK and Nate Ruess. Baekhyun blushed. He had not expected Kyungsoo to choose a love song. Although the song is quite new, Baekhyun knows how to sing it as Kyungsoo often sings it in his shower. Curious about the song, he went to research on the song, and found out that it is a song about someone being insecure in their relationship and  about terrible break ups and trying to find new love. Kyungsoo selected the song and the player started playing the song.
 
"I'll sing the female parts!" Kyungsoo squeals and Baekhyun just smiles.
 
The song started.
 
"Right from the start
You were a thief
You stole my heart
And I your willing victim
I let you see the parts of me
That weren't all that pretty
And with every touch you fixed them"
 
Kyungsoo's angel voice filled with passion as he sang the lines emotionally.
 
"Now you've been talking in your sleep, oh, oh
Things you never say to me, oh, oh
Tell me that you've had enough
Of our love, our love"
 
Baekhyun let's his gaze wandered to the singing angel beside him, not caring if there are other people in the room.
 
"Just give me a reason
Just a little bit's enough
Just a second we're not broken just bent
And we can learn to love again
It's in the stars
It's been written in the scars on our hearts
We're not broken just bent
And we can learn to love again"
 
Kyungsoo finished the chorus and turned and saw Baekhyun staring at him. Noticing that its his turn, Baekhyun picked up his mike and started singing.
 
"I'm sorry I don't understand
Where all of this is coming from
I thought that we were fine"
 
Baekhyun started off a little trembling, and looked away from Kyungsoo. He tried to look at EunJi but he's failing.
 
"Oh, we had everything"
 
Kyungsoo's angelic voice rang in through the mike as he sang the ad lib part for the female's part.
 
"Your head is running wild again
My dear we still have everythin'
And it's all in your mind"
 
Baekhyun started to feel comfortable and he looked at Kyungsoo. He saw Kyungsoo is looking back at him.
 
"Yeah, but this is happenin'"
 
Kyungsoo nodded at Baekhyun as if encouraging him, as if he sensed Baekhyun's awkwardness.
 
"You've been havin' real bad dreams, oh, oh
You used to lie so close to me, oh, oh
There's nothing more than empty sheets
Between our love, our love
Oh, our love, our love"
 
Kyungsoo joined in Baekhyun and sang the harmony notes together. Baekhyun felt like he's soaring.
 
"Just give me a reason
Just a little bit's enough
Just a second we're not broken just bent
And we can learn to love again
I never stopped
You're still written in the scars on my heart
You're not broken just bent
And we can learn to love again"
 
The two of them sang the chorus together in harmony and executed perfection as their voices melded together. 
 
The two of them continued singing with their voices, passion, feelings all melted together. They sang and soar as one. Slowly and not realizing, the both of them stood so close to each other that without the mike, they could have been kissing. Then, the song ended. Baekhyun awkwardly walked away from Kyungsoo as Kyungsoo flushed. Then, they heard a sob and the door opening and closing. EunJi has fled the room. Panicking, Baekhyun ran after her.
 
Baekhyun found EunJi standing at the exit of the karaoke lounge. Walking towards her, he tried to wipe away her tears but she just pushed him away.
 
"EunJi what are yo-"
 
"Stop oppa. Just stop."
 
"Why? What did I do wrong?" Baekhyun asked. He is confused. He hasn't done anything wrong but now EunJi is crying.
 
"You don't love me..." EunJi replied.
 
"What? No, no way I do! I lo-" 
 
"You love him oppa. I saw the way you looked at him. Admit it. You're gay. And you're disgusting. So stop toying with my feelings and just go to him." Sobbing, EunJi turned around and ran. Baekhyun just stood there watching her retreating back.
 
EunJi is right. Baekhyun is gay for Kyungsoo. 
 
And Baekhyun realizes it only now.
 
.....
 
.....
 
.....
 
...
 
...
 
...
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
So....here's the point of acknowledgement! I know many of you are pretty mad with me for dragging it this long >_< sorry guys! Please dont murder me for this chapter cuz i know it kinda ...So...yea now Baekkie knows kekeke anyways, I'm back from my trip! I went to Korea to watch SNSD concert. Yup, I'm a soshi fan MWAHAHAHA and has been for 5 years :3 I am planning for a fanfic for Jessica, so do tune in for it! SNSD CONCERT WAS AWESOME I LOVE TIFFANY SO MUCH! But...I almost cried on the first day of concert BECAUSE BAEKHYUN IS JUST STANDING A FEW ROWS BEHIND ME BUT I NEVER SEE HIM OTL I LOVE HIM SO MUCH BUT I WAS BUSY ENJOYING MYSELF THAT I DIDN'T SEE HIM UGH!!!!!!! I wasn't fated to meet him *sighs* hopefully I could see him someday soon... In EXO I only love Baekhyun and Kyungsoo because they are so KEWT! Ugh. Okay I'm vomiting words lol sorry. And sorry for my grammatical errors! Love you guys! Peace out! (^o^)v