Needs

The Distance Between Us

 

"Don't tear me down, you're all I need..."

 
Baekhyun knocked the door before opening. Slowly, he peeped in before walking in. He saw Kyungsoo sitting at the desk with his face buried deep in his hands. Baekhyun could see Kyungsoo's shoulder jerking up and down. He must be crying very hard. Sighing, Baekhyun walked towards him.
 
"Soo..." Baekhyun started. Jerking up, Kyungsoo turned around and look at Baekhyun.
 
"Yes hyung? You really shouldn't be here right now.." Kyungsoo stated while rubbing away his tears.
 
"I know, but... I couldn't just leave you alone can I?" Baekhyun shrugged.
 
"You should go. I don't wanna hurt you." Kyungsoo said, although his eyes says otherwise.
 
"What can I say? I'm a thrill seeker." Baekhyun winked causing Kyungsoo to let out a soft laugh. Baekhyun missed that laughter. Pure and innocent like an Angel's voice ringing through the air.
 
"Hyung..." Kyungsoo started. At such a close range, Baekhyun could see the dark circles under Kyungsoo's puffy red eyes. Extending his arm to cup his face, Baekhyun wiped away Kyungsoo's tears that started to form once more. And surprisingly, Kyungsoo didn't shy away, but instead, he leaned into his touch.
 
"Come here now.." Baekhyun said before pulling Kyungsoo into his embrace. Kyungsoo sobbed hard into Baekhyun's chest telling him that he's sorry while Baekhyun whispered sweet nothing and its okay into Kyungsoo's ear.
 
"Can you stay tonight? I don't want to be alone... I know it's too much to ask for, but..." Kyungsoo pleaded.
 
"You know I'd do anything for you Kyungie." Baekhyun whispered.
 
 Slowly, the both of them slipped into Kyungsoo's bed with Baekhyun spooning Kyungsoo. After a little while, Baekhyun fell asleep first.
 
"Hyung... I love you..." Kyungsoo whispered before drifting off to dreamland.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Chanyeol heard nothing from his room. He is extremely curious of what happened in Kyungsoo's room, so he decided sneak a peek. Getting out of his room, he saw Jongin leaning his ear against the door of Kyungsoo and his shared bedroom.
 
"Jongin ah what are you doing?" Chanyeol asked.
 
"Shhh! I'm trying to listen!" Jongin whispered. Chuckling, Chanyeol walked over to join him. There's nothing. Curious, Chanyeol slowly opened the door to sneak a peek.
 
What they saw then, is a moment of perfection. Jongin and Chanyeol's eyes grew big as they saw both Baekhyun and Kyungsoo snoring lightly with Baekhyun spooning Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo leaning into his touch. Baekhyun's arms were around Kyungsoo's waist and Kyungsoo's hand resting on Baekhyun's hands which are on his tummy.
 
"Well, that went well." A voice from behind Chanyeol and Jongin caused the both of them to jump. Turning around, they saw Sehun and Junmyeon standing behind them also looking at Baekhyun and Kyungsoo's sleeping figure.
 
"Hyung! You've scared us!" Chanyeol whispered hitting Junmyeon's shoulder. Slowly closing the door, the four of them walked to the living room.
 
"Seems like you've finally talked some sense into Kyungsoo, good job Jongin!" Junmyeon said while patting the younger's back.
 
"Well, it even earned me a slap." Jongin whined. Everyone just laughed.
 
"Okay kids, lets just go to sleep and see what happens tomorrow." Junmyeon said. Nodding, each of them went to their own bedrooms while Jongin moved in with Chanyeol.
 
"What are you doing here?" Chanyeol asked, confused while looking at Jongin.
 
"Well, Baekhyun hyung took my room, it's only fair if I took his too." With that, Jongin jumped into Baekhyun's bed, and slept.
 
"Aish." Chanyeol shrugged, before doing his own stuff.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Next morning.
 
Baekhyun woke up snuggling to the warmest, fluffiest pillow ever. He nuzzled his nose deeper into the said pillow and took in a deep breathe. It smells of vanilla. It smells of Kyungsoo. Feeling happy, he opened his eyes and realized that the pillow that he snuggled to for the whole night is a certain small size boy. Not wanting to let go, he hugged the boy even tighter and stuck his face back to the boy's hair and took another deep breath.
 
"H-hyung, you are squeezing me too tightly!" Kyungsoo squealed. Baekhyun froze a little, before letting him go. Kyungsoo laughed as he propped himself up facing Baekhyun. He rubbed Baekhyun's cheeks with his forefinger lightly.
 
"Kyungie ah, when did you wake up? I thought you are still sleeping!" Baekhyun frown. 
 
"I woke up minutes before you, I only stayed still because I don't want to disturb your sleep. " Kyungsoo smiled while playing with Baekhyun's fingers. 
 
"I see.." Baekhyun trailed off. His eyes trailed to where their fingers were entwined together. He blushed.
 
"Soo yah..." Baekhyun started.
 
"Hmm?" Kyungsoo looked at Baekhyun with a curious look.
 
"Does this mean that we...we are now...boyfr-"
 
"Not yet hyung. Not yet." Kyungsoo cut Baekhyun off.
 
"Oh...okay." Baekhyun said, nonetheless looking sad. He looked down at the sheets.
 
"Tonight. Tonight I will tell you my answer, I promise." Kyungsoo said after seeing Baekhyun's expression. Baekhyun looked back up at Kyungsoo.
 
"Okay." Baekhyun gave a small smile. For now, he could only hope for the best.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"So how did it go last night?" Chanyeol asked Baekhyun in between breaks of their vocal training for their upcoming comeback.
 
"Well, I could say that it went better than expected? Why?" Baekhyun smiled.
 
"Nothing, it just seems that both you and Kyungsoo looked a little more...happy?" Chanyeol said.
 
"I don't know, maybe?" Shrugging, Baekhyun's eyes unintentionally wandered over to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo was bowing, maybe apologizing to Jongin, perhaps for slapping him the night before and Jongin just smiled and gave Kyungsoo a pat on his shoulder probably saying that it's okay. 
 
Then, Kyungsoo's eyes wandered over to Baekhyun too. The both of them shared a brief eye contact and a small smile before Baekhyun hurriedly turn away to avoid the embarrassment that he was caught staring at Kyungsoo.
 
"You know, perhaps we could tell the makeup artist to give you a little less blusher, your face is as red as a tomato." Chanyeol laughed.
 
"Ugh! You're annoying!" Baekhyun huffed.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
That night, back in the dorm.
 
Baekhyun was lying down on his bed counting down to the moment when Kyungsoo would finally give him his answers, then, he heard a light knock on his door. Dashing up to the door immediately, he opened to see Kyungsoo, who is blushing like a little girl.
 
"Hyung, would you please go to the living room for a while?" Kyungsoo asked.
 
"S-sure, Kyungie.. I suppose.." Baekhyun replied. 
 
Walking to the living room, Baekhyun saw that all the EXO members have already gathered there, all looking confused. Kyungsoo led Baekhyun to a seat in the center, then he himself proceeded to walk to the front, in front of all the other eleven members. He cleared his throat.
 
"Many of you must be wondering why I have called for all of you here tonight." Kyungsoo started.
 
"We all know where this is going." Chanyeol whispered to Baekhyun, earning an elbow from him.
 
"I know many of you are worried about me and Baekhyun lately because we are coming back and yet here we are, having some.....problems, with each other." Kyungsoo paused. The other members all had a knowing look on their faces. Kyungsoo cleared his throat again. Gosh. He is so nervous.
 
"So tonight, I'm going to make some things clear... But words fails me, thus...I decided to sing a song to express my current....feelings." With that, Kyungsoo walked over to the radio they kept in the living and inserted a CD into it. A backtrack comes playing, and Kyungsoo started singing.
 
"All my life I've waited for the right moment
To let you know I don't wanna let you go
But now I've realized there's just no perfect time
To confess how I feel, this much I know is real
 
So I refuse to waste one more second
Without you knowing my heart
 
Baby 'cause I don't need
anything else but your love
Nothing but you means a thing to me
I'm incomplete, when you're not there
 
Holding me, touching me, I swear all of the rest
Could just disappear
And I wouldn't even care
As long as you're there"
 
After the first verse, Baekhyun's eyes are already filled with tears, he tried his best not to cry. Kyungsoo just smiled at him before continuing. 
 
"Take these words
Don't let them go unheard
This is me reaching out
I hope you can hear me now
 
'Cause baby, my heart's at stake
Take it, it's yours to break
I'd rather try and lose
Than keep this love from you, yeah
 
So I refuse to waste one more second
Without you knowing my heart
 
Baby 'cause I don't need
anything else but your love
Nothing but you means a thing to me
I'm incomplete, when you're not there
 
Holding me, touching me, I swear all of the rest
Could just disappear
And I wouldn't even care
As long as you're there"
 
Kyungsoo feels the tears welling up in his eyes but he blinked them away to continue his song.
 
"Each day and night that
I've kept this a secret
It killed me, it's time
To share what I feel inside"
 
Kyungsoo hit the high note in perfection, screaming out, pouring all of his passion, his love towards Baekhyun into the song. 
 
"No, baby 'cause I don't need
Anything else but your love
Nothing but you means a thing to me
I'm incomplete, when you're not there
 
Holding me, touching me, I swear all of the rest
Could just disappear
And I wouldn't even care
As long as you're there"
 
Kyungsoo ended the last note. Baekhyun couldn't hold back any longer, he ran up to him and hugged him tightly. The rest of the members just whooped and clapped for them.
 
"You idiot, you could've just said a simple 'I love you'" Baekhyun cried into Kyungsoo's hair.
 
"I know, but it'd be so lame." Kyungsoo's voice muffled through Baekhyun's chest but still somehow audible.
 
"I love you...so much." Baekhyun sobbed.
 
"I know, stop crying hyung. I love you too.." Kyungsoo said.
 
"Babo... I can't." Baekhyun cried even more.
 
"Get a room you two!" Sehun joked.
 
"Shut up maknae, we are feeling romantic!" Kyungsoo said laughingly.
 
"I'm just so glad for the two of you." Junmyeon said. Slowly, one by one, the members congratulated the two poor boys for finding each other in a strict country such as Korea. Then, when it comes to Chanyeol's turn, he said.
 
"Umma, I'm hungry. Can you cook some food for me?"
 
Everyone in the room face palmed themselves.
 
Some things never change.
 
.....
 
.....
 
.....
 
...
 
...
 
...
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
So....HERE'S WHAT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR! Time to puke rainbows HAHAHAHAHA well. For now. Kekeke. Just a little something to heal your poor hearts from all the angst of previous chapter. I kinda in writing as English isn't my forte (.__.  ) sorry for all the grammatical errors *~~~~~* I love you guyssssss <3 well, the next few chapters are gonna be full of fluff and fluff and more fluff, so prepare your paper bags cuz you guys are gonna barf rainbows everywhere hehehe (provided if I did a good job in writing .__.) and......I have already planned out an ending.....it's not that pretty, so hopefully the next few chapters would be good to tend your emotional wounds. Don't worry, I will warn you guys when the drama comes in again~ anyways, I love you guys! Thank you soooooooo much for reading and commenting! I love all of your comments! So... Peace out! (^o^)v
 
P.S. for people who are curious to all the "quotes" I've been posting before each chapter, they are song lyrics that inspired me to write each chapter! If you guys are curious about the song, you could ask me and I'd give you the titles of the song! 
 
P.P.S. the song that Kyungsoo sang for Baekhyun in this chapter is "As Long As You're There" by Glee!!! :D yeap, I watch Glee, I also watches The Vampire Diaries! Ian Somerhalder is so hot. Okay I'm word vomiting. Really goodbye now! Kekeke