Out of the Bag

The Distance Between Us

 

"It's too much pain to have to bear to love a man you have to share"

 
"You know, you don't have to leave in such a hurry you know? You can always spend the night here." Kyurin cooed from her velvet king sized bed. The room, messy with clothing strewn all over the place. They've had a rough afternoon, with rounds and rounds of crazy . Baekhyun is up, and standing, facing away from the producer as he dresses himself. He bit back the tears that formed. He felt dirty. 
 
"I...I've promised my members to have dinner with them, and also if I've stayed, my members would grow suspicious." Baekhyun said. He looked at the digital clock on the wall.
 
18:00. He promised Kyungsoo that he would be home by 7PM.
 
"Aww, I was hoping to spend more time with you, as I doubt that we will be doing this again any time soon." The producer said sadly. Baekhyun shuddered. He turned around with such force and glared at the producer.
 
"I thought you've said that this is a one time thing?" Baekhyun asked with a shaky voice. The producer pouted.
 
"Yup. It is. Unless you want...more of me?" The producer purred. Baekhyun said nothing as he continued buttoning his shirt and cuffs.
 
"Do you need a lift?" The producer asked with mock innocence that sickens Baekhyun. But having no idea where he is and having no one to bring him home, Baekhyun nodded grimly.
 
"I've figured. Come on. After you've dressed, wait for me in the living room okay? I'm just gonna take a quick shower. Gosh, I've still got some of your fluid on my body." The producer stood up from her bed, still, and walked towards Baekhyun as Baekhyun looked at his feet in shame. The producer paused in front of Baekhyun and gave out a small laugh.
 
"Don't pout pretty boy, from the way you've ed, I doubt that is your first time. So stop acting like I've stolen your ity." The producer whispered as she Baekhyun's cheeks before lightly slapping them. Giving out another evil laughter, she walked away.
 
As soon as she is out of the room, Baekhyun broke down.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Kyungie! Are you going to the market?" Chanyeol asked. Kyungsoo looked up from tying his shoelaces and smiled at Chanyeol.
 
"Yup! Why? Do you wanna come along?"
 
"Yup! It's been quite sometime since I've spent some time with youuuu!" Chanyeol pouted. Kyungsoo smiled. 
 
He looked at his watch, it says that it is 17:45, and Baekhyun had said that he would be home by 7PM, thus there is still enough time for him to go and buy some ingredients that had ran out and finish cooking by the time Baekhyun reach home.
 
"Sure! Lets go together! Don't forget your sunglasses and mask!" Kyungsoo said.
 
"Okay!!"
 
 
 
 
10mins later, the pair is in a nearby supermarket, choosing various items that Kyungsoo wanted to add into Baekhyun's favourite Jjimdak (Korean Spicy Braised Chicken). As Kyungsoo is picking out some spring onions, Chanyeol dumped ten bars of chocolates into the shopping cart, and Kyungsoo just frowned at him.
 
"Hyung!"
 
"Umma!"
 
"Yah! Why must you buy so much chocolates?"
 
"Well, I've been craving for them since forever!" Chanyeol pouted. Unable to argue back as Kyungsoo has always been a er for aegyo, he shook his head.
 
"Aish. Sometimes I really wonder who is the younger one here."
 
"Don't pout umma." Chanyeol laughed, earning a light punch in the stomach from Kyungsoo. After picking out the "perfect" spring onion and zucchini. Kyungsoo moved on to the flat glass noodle area.
 
"Umma.." Chanyeol said, suddenly his tone becoming serious. Kyungsoo turned and looked and Chanyeol. Chanyeol is giving his serious look.
 
"Yes Channie hyung?" Kyungsoo cocked his head to a side.
 
"Have you ever...notice some changes in Baekhyunnie these days?" Chanyeol asked. Kyungsoo raised his brows.
 
"Not really... Why?" Kyungsoo said. Chanyeol squirmed uncomfortably.
 
"I mean... Never mind." Chanyeol said as he turned away from Kyungsoo as he helped he sought out the perfect bag of flat glass noodle. 
 
"Park. Chan. Yeol. Spill." Kyungsoo said as he spun Chanyeol around again to face him. Chanyeol looks unsure.
 
"O...okay... I mean... He rarely sleeps with you these days, yesterday night was like the first time you guys slept together after the audition..and..."
 
"And?"
 
"Also I've noticed that since he started coming home late, he also kinda....avoided you?" Chanyeol said. Kyungsoo thought about it for awhile as he turned back to choosing the glass noodle. Indeed. Baekhyun seems kinda distant from him lately. He had dismissed it as that Baekhyun has been stressed for the callback, but what Chanyeol has said is kinda true.
 
"I...I think that he may be seeing someone else..." Chanyeol said quietly. Kyungsoo spun around and looked at Chanyeol.
 
"What? I mean...why?"
 
"Erm...maybe it's because..." Chanyeol trailed off.
 
"What is it?" Kyungsoo is losing patience.
 
"When he came back one night, he smelled of... A sweet floral perfume..." Chanyeol said the last part in a hushed tone. Kyungsoo got to thinking. He hasn't seen Baekhyun coming back as Baekhyun had always rushed him to sleep early claiming that he wants him to be "young and pretty for him".
 
"Maybe the coordinator sprayed some perfume on him because he smelled bad?" Kyungsoo suggested. He doesn't want to speculate, and hell no. He doesn't want to think about the love of his life cheating on him.
 
"Yeah...maybe.." Chanyeol said, looking at his feet. Kyungsoo looked at his wrist watch, it says 18:20.
 
"We should get going." Kyungsoo said, then, he pushed the shopping cart towards the cashier.
 
"Yeah..." Chanyeol said.
 
"Baekhyun is changing. If anyone knows it, it's me. I'm his room mate and best friend for gods sakes." Chanyeol thought to himself ominously.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"So...here you go. You sure that you don't want to send me off to your gates?" Kyurin asked Baekhyun as Baekhyun just looked away.
 
"No. It's okay." Baekhyun said before getting out of the car. He looked at his watch, it says 18:30. He is still early for dinner, he can walk the rest of the way back home.
 
"Okay then. See you soon, for the recording of course." The producer said. Then, Baekhyun reached for the door handle and made his way towards his dorm. A few more steps, he would be home to Kyungsoo. A few more steps, he would forget everything he has done. Just a few more steps, and he will be away from this Lilith incarnate. But.
 
"Hey." The producer called out from behind, causing Baekhyun to turn around and faced her.
 
"Yes noona?" Baekhyun has to be polite. Who knows what other games she might play. Then producer walked towards Baekhyun slowly, with her stilettos, long and sharp enough to stab someone. 
 
"I was thinking...how about a kiss to seal the deal?" The producer smirked as she laced her arms behind Baekhyun's head and toyed with his hair.  Baekhyun looked at her emotionlessly. What more can he lose? He has already lost everything the moment he stepped into that conference room for the audition. The producer is just too good at the game that he doesn't want to play.
 
"Okay." Baekhyun leaned down and captured her lips. In that moment, he willed himself to somewhere far away. A few seconds later, the producer broke the kiss.
 
"Well, congratulations on your new OST. It's been a pleasure doing business with you." The producer said, shaking hands with Baekhyun, before smirking and walked towards her car. Baekhyun turned around and looked up into the sky. He will not cry. Not here. Not now. If he had cried in front of the producer, it would had proven to her that she had won the game. Baekhyun is not giving her any satisfaction of that. 
 
With heavy steps, Baekhyun slowly dragged his feet back into his dorm.
 
But little did he know that when the moment he got out of the car, two pairs of eyes were watching him from behind a large trashcan
 
And little did he know that the moment he kissed the producer, one of the person that was hiding behind trashcan broke into pieces.
 
Into pieces that could never be whole again.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
After making the way out of the supermarket, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol strolled home in the comfortable spring breeze. It was still a little cold, but the weather is perfect. After the conversation they'd had in the supermarket, none of them had said a word to each other. 
 
Kyungsoo looked at his watch. It says 18:28. He don't have much time left, moreover, he has to make sure that his chicken that has been braising in the pot is not burnt. So, he decided to pick up his pace. As Chanyeol and Kyungsoo turned around the corner towards their dorm, they spotted Baekhyun coming out of a black car.
 
"Kyungie, isn't that Baekhyunnie? What is he doing out here? Why didn't the car drive him up to the front of the dorm?" Chanyeol asked, but Kyungsoo had no answers.
 
"Should we call him to wait up?" Chanyeol asked again, but Kyungsoo shook his head when he saw a woman coming out of the car. Immediately, Kyungsoo pulled Chanyeol to hide behind a large trashcan to observe what is really going on. Kyungsoo gasped, as he recognized the women as the producer.
 
"Kyungie, do you know who that woman is?" Chanyeol asked, looking at Kyungsoo with large confused eyes. Kyungsoo nodded.
 
"That is the producer that Baekhyun was meeting today for the OST callback." Kyungsoo replied. He watched the producer walking towards Baekhyun in her dangerously high heels. Then, the producer looped her arms around Baekhyun's neck.
 
"Holy shi-" Chanyeol exclaimed before covering his mouth. Kyungsoo felt his limbs grew numb. Time stopped for him. He lost all other sense of feel. Then, when Baekhyun leaned down and gave the producer a kiss, Kyungsoo felt light as he dropped the shopping bags. 
 
The producer pulled back, and gave Baekhyun a friendly handshake, then she went back into her car and drove away. Baekhyun, turned, and walked back to the dorm. Kyungsoo felt tears welling up in his eyes. And then, the tears slipped out. He felt betrayed. What Chanyeol speculated turned out to be true.
 
"Byun...Baek..." Kyungsoo felt himself muttering the other's name, before falling onto his knees. Chanyeol was stunned. He looked down at his crying friend, and he bent down to pull him back up.
 
"Hey there..hey...don't cry Kyungie... Don't cry..." Chanyeol said softly as he his hair. Kyungsoo sobbed, stopping occasionally to catch his breath. Then, Kyungsoo pulled away, and wiped away his tears harshly.
 
"Let's go back to the dorm." Kyungsoo said in a shaky voice.
 
"Y-you sure?" Chanyeol asked, unsure of what his friend had on his mind.
 
"Yes. He is going to have some explaining to do."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Baekhyun got rid of his coat when he entered the dorm. Getting rid of his shoes, he walked towards the kitchen. 
 
"Kyungie?" Baekhyun called out. In the kitchen, it was all silent, except for the bubbling sound coming from the chicken that is stewing in the double boiler. Baekhyun walked towards it, and smelt that Kyungsoo had cooked his favourite Jjimdak. He felt guilt all over again. Also, Kyungsoo is not in the kitchen. Scratching his head, he walked into Kyungsoo, Sehun and Luhan's shared bedroom, only to see Sehun, Luhan and Jongin sitting there playing computer games together.
 
"Hey! You're back!" Sehun chimed. Baekhyun just smiled.
 
"Where is everybody?" Baekhyun asked.
 
"Well, KyungKyung and Channie went to stock up on our kitchen! They should be back any minute now! The others went out for dinner, Junmyeonnie's treat!" Luhan said. Nodding, Baekhyun went out, and back into his own room. 
 
He shrugged off his buttoned shirt, and changed into a comfortable set of clothing which are a pink and white striped shirt which he had it as couple t-shirt with Kyungsoo, and a pair of brown sweat pants. Then, he jumped onto his bed. Looking up the ceiling, he thought about Kyungsoo. Only Kyungsoo. He don't want to think about anything else except for his dear boyfriend. How Kyungsoo would cutely pout, how Kyungsoo would cutely squeak when surprised, how his cute bug-like eyes always seems to bulge out when he is stunned, and how soft his warm, plush, heart-shaped lips felt when fitter against his.
 
Baekhyun had no idea how long had he laid there until he heard Chanyeol's obnoxious "We're home!" before he headed out to meet his beloved. As he walked towards the living room, his heartbeat grew faster. He has no idea how could he face the love of his life without feeling guilt all over again. With trembling footsteps, he made his way to his home, to Kyungsoo. 
 
"Hey Kyungie, I missed you so much!" Baekhyun tried to smile to lessen his guilt as he opened his arms to embrace the younger. As he hugged the younger, the younger had not returned his embrace. Frowning, he took a step back to observe Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo's eyes were puffy and red, and fresh tears threatened to flow.
 
"Did Chanyeol bully you? Huh? Yah Park Chanyeol, how dare you bully my wife-"
 
"Where were you?" Kyungsoo cut him off as he snapped his gaze over to Baekhyun, hard. Baekhyun gulped.
 
"W-what do you mean Kyungie?"
 
"I've asked. Where. Were. You." Kyungsoo said in a hard tone.
 
"I-I was at the company for my callback-"
 
"Bull."
 
"Kyungsoo, don't." Chanyeol pleaded from behind Kyungsoo.
 
"Shut the up Chanyeol. Go back to your room." Kyungsoo said calmly.
 
"But-"
 
"I've said go back to your room Park Chanyeol. NOW." Kyungsoo turned around shouted at Chanyeol. With and uneasy look, Chanyeol gave Kyungsoo a comforting pet, and gave Baekhyun a disgusted glare as he walked towards his room.
 
"What's wrong Kyungie?" Baekhyun asked as he took a step towards Kyungsoo, only to have Kyungsoo backing away from him. 
 
"No...he couldn't have known...could he?" Baekhyun thought.
 
"Ask yourself that."
 
"But-"
 
"I am going to just ask you one last time. Where the were you." Kyungsoo said.
 
"I-I..." Words failed Baekhyun.
 
"You can't answer a simply question? Well if you don't know where you were, let me tell you. You was ing that of a producer. The whole ing afternoon."
 
"Kyung-"
 
"And you know what? I am so ing blind. How could I have never even seen this coming? How lowly have I become, a toy to you? , this is so hilarious." Kyungsoo laughed sarcastically.
 
"It's not what you think it is-"
 
"Not what I think? NOT WHAT I THINK? GOD BYUN BAEKHYUN YOU. You think I'm a little innocent, stupid child? For s sakes. Next time you want to cheat on others while in a relationship, try a little something called 'being subtle' and not FLAUNT your whole ING RELATIONSHIP AROUND."
 
"Wait, listen to me-"
 
"NO. YOU LISTEN. BYUN BAEKHYUN. I am ING TIRED OF YOU. I should have known why you've wanted that OST so badly. It's because of that ing producer isn't it?"
 
"What?! No!"
 
"OH SHUT UP. LOOK AT YOUR OWN ING NECK. YOU DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER TO COVER THAT ING HICKEY UP." Kyungsoo pointed at the small red marking on Baekhyun's neck. Baekhyun looked down and gasped as he had not notice the hickey from before.
 
"Kyung-"
 
"Save it."
 
"But-"
 
"Stop."
 
"Kyungsoo please, let me explain. I had no choice. She forced it upon me, she made me have with her so that she would give me the OST, I promise, this will be the last time, I would not even see her again after this. Please trust me on th-"
 
SLAP
 
The sound of Kyungsoo harshly slapping Baekhyun resounded throughout the dorm. Baekhyun held his cheeks as he slowly turned to look at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo is standing in front of him, crying. His small, frail frame, shaking so much that Baekhyun thought that he is going to fall apart anytime soon. He had never seen Kyungsoo in such a fragile state before.
 
"I am truly disappointed in you Byun Baekhyun." Kyungsoo whispered shakily.
 
"Wait-" Baekhyun grabbed Kyungsoo's arms, but Kyungsoo flung his hands away.
 
"DON'T TOUCH ME." Kyungsoo bellowed. Pushing Baekhyun far away, Kyungsoo ran out of the dorm into the evening to god knows where.
 
Baekhyun tried to go after Kyungsoo, but his legs doesn't allow him to.
 
All Baekhyun could do, is to watch Kyungsoo's tiny retreating back fade off into the sunset.
 
Deep in his heart, he knew that nothing could be done to make things perfect again.
 
.....
 
.....
 
.....
 
...
 
...
 
...
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
I have nothing to say. I'm a bad author. I'm sorry for everything.