Trouble

The Distance Between Us

 

"I knew you were trouble when you walked in"

 
Before reading this chapter, I strongly suggest you guys to get some handcuffs and cuff yourself to your chair as I foresee that many of you would probably try to hunt me down a kill me for this ish and disgusting and extremely bad chapter. I am very sorry for what I have written...but this is part of the plot. Also, sorry if the story suddenly progressed too fast..............

 

 

 
On the day of the audition, Baekhyun felt dreadful. As Kyungsoo and him made their way into the SM Building, Baekhyun couldn't stop shivering. Soon, they made their ways to the front of a pair of huge ebony double doors. This is the moment. Just when they reached, Chen came out of the room.
 
"Hey! How did you do?" Kyungsoo asked cheerfully.
 
"I did well... I guess. But the producer doesn't quite like me." Chen shrugged. It made Baekhyun even more nervous.
 
"W-why?" Baekhyun asked. Chen shrugged again.
 
"I don't know. She said that she felt that my voice sounded too sharp for her liking. Also, that woman is just simply intimidating. She makes me feel really uncomfortable in my own skin. But... Oh well, as long as I know that I did my best~" Chen smiled. 
 
"I'm sure you did. You're the best singer among us after all." Kyungsoo smiled.
 
"Well~ we'll see. Baek you're up next right? All the best!" Chen smiled. Baekhyun only nodded in thanks as his stomach is too twisted in death knots that he can't hardly breathe. Kyungsoo saw Baekhyun turning pale, thus, he grabbed Baekhyun's hand and laced their fingers together. Checking for any passer-by and seeing none, Kyungsoo gave Baekhyun a chaste kiss on the lips.
 
"When you're nervous when you're singing, just imagine that you are singing for me." Kyungsoo smiled.
 
Baekhyun, feeling more relaxed, knocked on the dark ebony, sterile-looking door. 
 
"Come in~" a voice purred out from within.
 
It's show time.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Byun Baekhyun." A voice purred ily as Baekhyun closed the double doors behind him. Baekhyun turned around and faced the producer. She was dressed scantily with a red tube dress that is ridiculously short. Baekhyun gulped as he saw that the producer is looking at him with half-lidded eyes.
 
"G-good afternoon to you, Ms Oh." Baekhyun stammered as he bowed.
 
"Don't need to be so formal with me, just call me Kyurin will do." The producer waved dismissively. Baekhyun nodded nervously.
 
"I-I will be singing 'A Gooses Dream' by Insooni sunbaenim today to audition for the OST." Baekhyun said with mock confidence as his insides were shaking uncontrollably from the aura that is being emitted by the producer.
 
"Good choice in music, sing away boy. Sing away." The producer said as she leaned forward in her seat, sitting such that her dress revealed her rather provocative places. Baekhyun tried to hide his blush as he took in a deep breath before singing.
 
"I have a dream,
Even if I’m thrown away or ripped to shreds
Deep in my heart
I have a dream as precious as gem
 
If by chance, without a reason,
Somebody ridicules me behind my back
I should be patient
I would wait just for that day.
 
As you always worry,
You say that foolish dreams are poisonous.
Just like a book that tells us about the end of the world
There’s the reality that we can’t turn back already
 
Yes I have a dream.
I believe in that dream
Please watch over me
Standing in front of that cold wall called fate
I can firmly face it
 
One day I will pass over that wall
And be able to fly-"
 
"Okay that's enough." The producer cut off Baekhyun halfway through his song. Baekhyun's heart thumped like crazy. 
 
"Did I sang it wrongly? Did I do something wrong? I can start again if you want..." Baekhyun said desperately. The producer just laughed.
 
"Oh no, you sang really well." The producer leered. Baekhyun felt intimidated.
 
"T-then why didn't you let me finish?" Baekhyun asked, almost in tears. The producer smirked.
 
"Well, say... Baekhyun..." The producer purred, "are you single?" She raised her brows. Baekhyun was stunned. What was he supposed to say? He couldn't exactly say that he is currently in a gay relationship. Also, the company had warmed him that if he said that he is in a relationship, the producer would probably have a hold on him.
 
"I-I am s-single." Baekhyun stuttered out nervously. Did the producer just her lips? Baekhyun is getting more and more nervous each second.
 
"Are you sure? Such an attractive guy like you, a pretty face, toned body, and such a beautiful voice, single? I don't believe it~" the producer scoffed.
 
"I-I really am s-single."
 
"You're stuttering. You nervous around me?" The producer winked. Baekhyun shook his head vigorously. The producer smirked as she stood up from her seat.
 
"Well... Say, again. How old are you?" The producer asked. Baekhyun shivered. This isn't going anywhere good.
 
"I-I am 22 years old this year..." Baekhyun said, unsure of where the conversation is going. The producer smiled evilly. She slowly made her way towards Baekhyun. Her 6 inch stilettos clicked dangerously as she walked, slim fingers toying with her long ebony hair.
 
"Have you ever been in a relationship?" The producer asked as she circled Baekhyun.
 
"N-no." Baekhyun replied. The producer smirked. The producer went behind Baekhyun and blew air onto his earlobes.
 
"Liar..." She whispered. Baekhyun felt goosebumps all over his body. He felt extremely uncomfortable. The producer chuckled as she walked back towards her seat and took a sit. She looked at Baekhyun with an evil gleam in her eyes.
 
"How much are you willing to give for the sake of this OST?"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"So...how did you do?" Kyungsoo asked, the moment Baekhyun came out of the room. The poor boy is still clearly shaken by the things that the producer has said but he said nothing.
 
"I...er...I..." Words failed Baekhyun as he has no idea how to phrase it to Kyungsoo.
 
"Well? How did you do?" Kyungsoo asked excitedly.
 
"I think I d-did well...? I guess... The producer told me that there is going to be a callback the next week to finalize things..." Baekhyun's voice trailed off. That is obviously not the truth, but he felt that Kyungsoo doesn't have to know. Kyungsoo broke into a grin which made Baekhyun felt guilt coursing through his veins.
 
"That's great! I'm sure you would get the OST! I'm so proud of you!" Kyungsoo hugged Baekhyun.
 
"Y-yeah..."
 
"Is something wrong?" Kyungsoo asked as he pulled back from the hug, looking confused.
 
"N-nothing. I'm just thinking about how could I ever have done it without you." Baekhyun faked a smile which went unnoticed by Kyungsoo.
 
"Come on! Lets go home and inform the others as well as to celebrate!" Kyungsoo flashed his heart shaped smile that made Baekhyun's stomach twist with guilt.
 
"K-Kyungie, lets keep this from others for now, okay?" Baekhyun asked. Kyungsoo gave Baekhyun a skeptical look.
 
"Why?"
 
"B-because...well..." Baekhyun tried to come out with an excuse but all the vocabulary in the world left him.
 
"I know! It's because you didn't really get the OST yet right? And you do to want to raise others hopes. Okay! I'll keep quiet! For now." Kyungsoo smiled.
 
Baekhyun's heart broke into pieces.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Are you sure that you don't want me to accompany you to your callback?" Kyungsoo asked as he the bed to face Baekhyun who is currently dressing up in front of the mirror. It's been a week since the initial audition, and today is Baekhyun's "callback" date. Baekhyun cringed.
 
"N-no Kyungie, someone would be here to fetch me, so there's no need for you to accompany me." Baekhyun lied.
 
"Oh...okay...do you need me there for moral support?" Kyungsoo smiled. Baekhyun walked towards Kyungsoo before leaning down and give Kyungsoo a chaste kiss on his lips.
 
"There's no need for that. I can feel your moral support even if I'm on the other end of the planet." Baekhyun smiled, before kissing Kyungsoo again. When Baekhyun pulled back, he saw Kyungsoo frowning.
 
"What is it baby?" Baekhyun asked. 
 
"It's...it's just that we haven't been spending time a lot lately, as you've been preparing for your song for your callback.." Kyungsoo said softly. Baekhyun smiled sadly. Deep down, all he felt is guilt, as the past few days, he had not been practicing, but was doing something else. He pulled Kyungsoo back into a deeply heated kiss as he tried to forget all the bad things that he has done.
 
He pulled Kyungsoo on top of him as he kissed Kyungsoo deeply. He bit down and tugged on Kyungsoo's lips such that Kyungsoo's lips bled. With furrowed brows, Kyungsoo pushed Baekhyun away.
 
"Ouch. What was that? Why are you kissing so differently?" Kyungsoo joked, but Baekhyun took the joke too seriously.
 
"I....I'm just..."
 
"I know, I know. You're just stressed. I get it." Kyungsoo smiled.
 
"Y-yeah..."
 
"So... You should probably get going?" Kyungsoo asked.
 
"Yeah.." Baekhyun said.
 
"All the best my dear, I will cook your favourite tonight, be it celebrating if you got the OST, or comforting if you didn't manage to get the OST. But I bet that you would get it." Kyungsoo smiled before kissing Baekhyun again. Before lying back down on the bed.
 
"I'm just gonna drown in your scent a little more then I'll go to the grocers with manager hyung. Go get them Baekkie!" Kyungsoo smiled. With forlorn glances, Baekhyun slowly made his way out of the room.
 
Kyungsoo's eyes fluttered close as he heard the closing of the room's door.
 
"Dear God, please let Baekhyunnie have the OST please as he worked really hard." Kyungsoo murmured a prayer.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
When Baekhyun got out of the house, a black car is already waiting for him. He opened the car door and went in. The car, sleeked black with one hundred percent tinted windows. Inside, the seats of the car is covered with expensive leather, and the carpet is lined with a blue, five hundred thousand US dollar mink. Baekhyun sat in the comfortable seats as he looked out of the windows. His mind is far away and he felt nervous. He has no idea how is he ever going to face any other people again after this. He felt like he has reached the end of the line. He tried to memorize every features of Kyungsoo that morning as he wanted it to cleanse him deeply of what he is about to do.
 
As the car drove on, Baekhyun looked out into the morning skies. The sky is overcast, sun shining ever brightly, as if mocking him. His feelings on the other hand, is down cast and blue.
 
Soon, the car came to a stop.
 
"We have reached our destination, Mr Byun." The chauffeur spoke. Nodding a silent thanks, Baekhyun reached for the handle. 
 
Stepping out, he was faced with a sophisticated home. He made his way to the door and rang the bell.
 
"Good morning Baekhyun." A voice greeted seductively as the door opened.
 
"G-good morning noona." Baekhyun bowed.
 
"So.. What is your decision?" Kyurin, the producer said as she stood beside the door in her black, laced, night dress. Looking up, Baekhyun met her gaze.
 
"I'll do it." 
 
The producer smiled at the word.
 
"Good. How about... Lets start with a kiss before we move upstairs into the room?" The producer closed in on Baekhyun and looped both her thin arms behind his neck as Baekhyun shut the door behind him.
 
"Okay." Baekhyun bent down and attacked her lips.
 
It felt wrong.
 
But it's the only way to get to his dreams.
 
.....
 
.....
 
.....
 
...
 
...
 
...
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
I am sorry for everything.