Home

Lil' Red and the 12 Bad Wolves

 

    Despite what had happened earlier, the mood on the way 'home' was lively and cheerful. Chanyeol and Baekhyun, whom you learned to be the jokesters of the group, would constantly keep light-hearted conversation going, while the hot-heads, Kai and D.O, would either argue with each other or the pups. Chen and Lay, were the quiet two of the pack, but that didn't bother you much, because if any more of the boys were as lively as the previous six, you would've just taken your chances alone with the forest. 
    The twists and turns that you took to get to their den stretched on and on for at least another hour, before you even got there. But when you did arrive, you found that it wasn't exactly what you'd thought it'd be. Sure it had the typical rock cave, nearby stream, and surrounding shrubbery, but strewn all over the ground were clothes, books, and hygiene products like shampoo and toothbrushes. 
"Idiots! Why didn't you clean up your stuff?!" Kris fumed at the pups. 
"We didn't know ~~~ was going to stay with us!" Sehun cried in defense. 
"None of us did," Baekhyun said embarrassedly, putting away the few items of his that were out. 
"It doesn't matter if someone is coming! It's a responsibility everyone has here! This is an important life skill that-" Kris droned on, going back into mom-mode. Tao and Sehun just ignored him, before turning back to you saying,
"~~~ doesn't mind, do you?"
    You smiled,
"Nope, it's fine with me,"
    In truth, you were just thankful they were kind enough to take you in. Besides, it made heir den all the more like a real home. You thought you heard the alpha mutter,
"You've always taken their side-even when you were 3! Maybe that's why I loved. . ."
    Curiously you asked him,
"Did you say something?"
"It's nothing."
    Kris's reply was sour, but you didn't push the matter further. He looked like he wanted to say more, but before anything else could be spoken, someone squeezed in between the two of you. Grinning, he took your small hand in his bigger one, leading you aside . You blushed, letting him whisk you away in the other direction. 
 
Choose:
-the stream
-the den
-Exo territory 
 
-the stream-
"You've changed a lot since you were little," he mused, gazing down on you. "It's not a bad thing," he added quickly, causing you to laugh softly. 
"Thanks?" You smiled, as he continued to walk. Chanyeol then stopped, sending you to a halt as well. You looked up, the stream you'd only had a glimpse of before, now right in front of you. 
    The water sparkled from the sunlight, as dragonflies danced above. A cool breeze would cast ripples upon its surface, while the rest would stir the cattails surrounding it. You held your breath, the moment imbedding into your mind. Glancing down back at your hands, you blushed realizing Chanyeol still had his hand intertwined with yours.
      Chanyeol eventually noticed too, and coughed awkwardly before reluctantly letting go. 
"This is where you can drink, bath, and whatever. -But save the toilet for the trees," he winked, causing your rosy face to turn pinker. You hit him lightly on the shoulder, squeaking,
"Chanyeol!!"
    Said boy chuckled, messing your hair up. Your eyes widened as your vision faded into white. 
 
    Giggling, the six year-old you ran around your backyard wildly. Hot on your trail, was a boy with curly red-brown hair and a unrealistically broad grin. He chased you about for what felt like hours, other boys or pups joining in at times, then quitting in defeat. However, he was able to keep his pace up and finally caught you in his arms. You squealed as he scooped you up, kissing you on the cheek. In protest, you playfully stuck your tongue at him. Earning deep chuckles from him, he tousled your hair affectionately.
 
"~~~!" 
    A voice called out to you anxiously. Drowsily you blinked to focus your sight. 
"~~~, are ok?"
    Chanyeol spoke again, his arms around your suddenly limp body.
"Yeah, I just. . ." You felt your words sink down your throat slowly, and you could finish your sentence. Kindly enough, Chanyeol didn't bother you about it.
     Regaining your senses, you stood up a bit too quickly, only to fall downward again. Luckily he caught you, allowing you to rest a little before letting you stand. 
"We should head back now, or the others will be worried about you," he said taking your hand back into his. Nodding with him, you let him pull you along. This time, you didn't mind holding his hand, not one bit. . 
 
——————————————————————
 
    IMPORTANT!! For the next week or so, I'll be out of town. That being said, I won't have time to update at all, but I hope all of you guys will keep subscribed! Your support means a ton, so please be patient, and I'll have another chapter out as soon as I can! Just to clear up any confusion, ayumi-lau asked a good question. Is this a story where you end up with one specifically, or can you choose? You get to chose who you end up with! In my stories, if I don't label them with the character's specific name, then it's open ended. BTW even if you don't choose one of the choices leading leading up to the end, it'd be good to read them anyway. Whatever you don't choose will happen anyway, just not in as much detail. Example: you don't select Chanyeol, but he still shows you the stream, however there isn't any flashback. I hope you liked your Chanyeol-time;) Thanks again for subscribing, reading, commenting, and that person who voted for this story!!!
 
~Toasty