Worried

Lil' Red and the 12 Bad Wolves

 

 "Was that the scream earlier? What did you kill?! Did it taste good? Did it taste like chicken?!" One pup spoke up excitedly, his tan and light brown tail wagging. From the silence Baekhyun left in the air, the young wolf took it as his chance to pounce on the older. 
"Sehun, get off him! Baekhyun's tired from hunting, just leave him be. And not everything tastes like chicken, you idiot!" A grey and white wolf chided the younger one. 
"Like I'm going to listen to you, Bao Zi!" Sehun howled with laughter, tackling his caretaker in the the process. A little black pup perked up at the sound of chaos.
"A dog pile?! I wanna join!"
"What?! Tao, not you too!! Get off me!"
    Baekhyun watched in amusement as the pups continued to torment their beloved Bao Zi. 
"Okay guys, that's enough. I'm sure Xuimin's already had his fill of abuse today," despite the strict tone, everyone could see the smile in his eyes as the red brown wolf approached the noise. 
"Mut mit's monly morning!" Tao whined gnawing on one of Xuimin's ears.
"Sad, isn't it then?" Baekhyun mused with a smile. Deep chuckling rang through the cave, echoing off the walls. Carefully the large wolf pulled the slightly smaller pups off his friend by the scruff of their necks.
"Geeze Tao, what've you been eating? You're only a pup, but you're almost a big as me," the red brown canine joked, laughing some more.
"It's all muscle unlike you, Chanyeol!" Tao said childishly, sticking his tongue out at his superior. 
"Really?" Chanyeol grinned, before plopping down on the pup. 
"What the-?! Get off me, fatty!" The black dog wheezed, trying to support both their weight.
"Get me off yourself, Muscles," Chanyeol challenged. With a futile effort, Tao sighed in defeat.
"Fine. Maybe it's not all muscle. . .but most of it is," he muttered the last part.
"It's ok, one day you'll be as strong as me," the older grinned again, nuzzling the top of the pup's head.
"My fur! Stop, you're messing it up!!"
    Their laughter stopped when they heard shouting from outside the den. Sehun frowned, peaking out from the cave to see one wolf charging at another. 
"Is that. . .Kai and-"
"Luhan?!"
 
 
    Suho finally came to a clearing near a small stream where he found his brother. Kris sat on a large boulder as a human, his two, instead of four legs crossed. Leaping up and laying beside him, Suho joined the other alpha in silence. Kris wore human clothes stolen from the nearby village by the two pups, and as did the rest of Exo.
"What do you think has been on Baekhyun's mind lately?" Kris suddenly spoke up, his eyes downcast. 
"So you've noticed," Suho hummed, thinking about their brother's strange behavior. 
"Of course," Kris muttered, "He's been 'hungry' every night for the past two weeks! And it's the same excuse too! Baekhyun has never lied to us before, so what so important that we, his only family, mustn't know?!"
Sensing his brother's distress, Suho smiled bitterly,
"Do you think it's her?"
    Kris's already present frown deepened as he said,
"Impossible! We vowed not to involve ourselves with her after the accident. Coming in contact with her, would just mean shattering the promise we made to keep her safe! Not only would he be breaking his own word, he'd be endangering everyone's life."
"It'd be understandable though-wanting to see her that is," the wolf said thoughtfully.
    Kris stared incredulously at Suho for a while before saying,
"For you of all people to say that. . . Regarding the vow  we made. . . You were-are the most uptight when it comes to that. You're as strict, or possibly more than me, and was against ever interacting with her again," 
"That doesn't mean I don't long to see her or be with her," Suho growled, his usual light blue eyes flashing red for a split second. Taken aback by his dangerous aura, Kris cleared his throat saying,
"You're not the only one, Suho. I do, we all do. Even those who were just pups at the time like Tao and Sehun, or barely mature themselves, Chen and Lay. Everyone misses her,"
"I know that," Suho said softly, choosing his tone and words more carefully. "We'll talk to Baekhyun later," He paused, sniffing at the air. "Kai's at it again, we should head back soon. I'm worried about Luhan" 
    Nodding Kris leapt off the rock, instantaneously morphing back into a wolf.  He snorted, adding,
"Luhan can take care of himself. Kai's the one you should be worrying about," 
 
 
—————————————————————
 
    Sorry there wasn't any of your P.O.V. , but I figured you'd also want to get to know Exo a bit more. I hope it was a fair enough trade! Don't worry though, because you will be in the next chapter. Thanks again for reading, subscribing, and your comments!! 
 
~Toasty