Feline

Lil' Red and the 12 Bad Wolves

 

  After lunch, which consisted of deer and rabbit from the hunting group and berries from the gathering team, everyone seemed to settle. Most of the boys laid down to take a nap, while others-including the alphas wandered off to do who knows what. 
"Are sure you don't want to join us ~~~?" Baekhyun offered.
"I might join you in a little," You said.
    You yourself weren't that tired, and wanted to explore some more. Since all the boys remaining in the den were out cold, it'd be easier for you to go as you pleased. In front of you were the pups, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Xuimin, D.O, Chen, and Lay. 
     You'd be lying if you said seeing the boys as a bunch of sleeping puppies wasn't cute, and did your best not to squeal.
    Carefully, you stepped beside Tao and Sehun, who slept closely together in a fashion you would never have guessed comfortable.
    Next to maneuver over, were the goofballs of the group. Chanyeol snored loudly even as a dog, and you had to hold in your laughter as he kicked his brother in the snout, who promptly-also still asleep-whacked him right back in the ribs. 
    Away from them, you slid past D.O who mumbled a variety of curses aloud before rolling back into his slumber. Xuimin was no different, except for he stayed in one place as he slept.
    Finally, the last two laid before you much quieter and calm than their brothers. The two omegas huddled together snugly in a mix of black and grey fur. Cautiously, you tiptoed around them, but stopped when Chen stirred. Breath hitched in your throat you warily watched Lay do the same, but then sneeze-which you found adorable- and fall back to sleep. Assured that everyone was still knocked out, you could carry on with your mission.
    Once on the other side, you breathed out a sigh of relief. Continuing further away from them, you walked past the main boulders around their den. Trees took up much of the surface area now, and you took it upon yourself to find markers to help guild your path back. A small bush grew by an old oak, and you noted in your head. 'Small bush next to tree,' you thought before going on. After a few more minutes you passed by a small boulder and marked that mentally as well. Coming to a small clearing up ahead, you quickened your pace. The clearing was by the stream, that must've stretched on a mile or so, because you knew you were far from the boy's den. 
    Deciding to take a break, you plopped down on a nearby rock. The weather was fair, as the sun shone and a pleasant breeze would blow from time to time. You closed your eyes for a bit and relaxed.
     A rustle from some nearby bushes startled you, and immediately caught your attention. The sound of low purring buzzed in your ears as you looked around nervously. This went on for minutes, causing you to grow tenser until as suddenly as it started, it stopped.
"Is the little red lamb is separated from her herd-or should I say pack?" a suave voice hummed. You jumped at the closeness of the noise, and turned to its owner. 
 
     Kris and Suho sat beside each other on a fallen log away from their den. The angel and the demon enjoyed the silence. Usually after their meals, they'd sit together and discuss any problems reguarding Exo, game, seasons, threats, and now you. However today, the two decided to relax and think to themselves. Multiple thoughts ran through heads, many about you and your safety as well as them and theirs. Abruptly Kris got up from their bench and turned towards his brother. 
"Those damned cats are here again. We need to find ~~~."
 
    Baekhyun woke up startled, looking around their territory for you. Your small frame couldn't be seen anywhere in sight. Terrified, he shook Chanyeol awake. The wolf shot up looking for a fire, then realizing there wasn't one, laid back down. 
"Chanyeol! ~~~ is missing! Wake up the others, we need to find her! I have a bad feeling about this.." Baekhyun said. Chanyeol straightened and didn't question his brother, doing as he was told.
 
    Kai padded along the cool ground, his eyes kept focused in front of him. Ever since you showed up just half a day ago, he'd been trying to ignore any feelings that centered towards you. He stopped, sniffed the air, then his heels racing off. Something wasn't right.
 
    Luhan had walked off from the rest of Exo, tired and in need of fresh air. It was hard to keep such a happy facade constantly, and he wondered how Chanyeol and Baekhyun pulled it off all the time. 'Of course for them, it's natural,' he concluded. The beta snapped out of his thoughts, when his brother raced up to him. 
"~~~'s in trouble."
    With that said, Luhan followed Kai in a hurry.
 
    A boy sat beside you, his grey cat-like eyes staring at you with great intensity. 'What's he talking about?' You panicked a little. He looked roughly a few years older than you, with clean-cut dark brown hair and fair skin to complement. By clean-cut you meant neater than your wolf boys, who were a bit on the shaggier side, but still attractive nonetheless. His clothes were similar to theirs too, a loose white button-up with dark pants. You managed to stutter out a reply,
"O-of course n-not! I chose to be alone!"
"Right.." He went along with you, his tone mocking a smirk present on his face.
    You frowned not amused with this boy's sarcasm. 
"Who are you anyway!" You grumbled. Even if your stranger-danger alarm was blaring, you were still curious about the suspicious yet handsome male. 
"That's not important now, shouldn't you be concerned about yourself?" The boy purred suddenly leaning over you, his face inches from yours. His left hand gripped your slender waist, while the right cupped your face daintily. "It's been awhile, hasn't it ~~~?"
    The stranger's breath was hot against your face, his lips hovering above yours. You blushed scarlet, and he only chuckled in response. 
    There was a low growl in the air. It started as small a rumble then grew into a ferocious roar. Without warning, twelve wolves slowly revealed themselves from the brush. Kris and the others glared at the boy and he snarled,
"Jaejoong, get your filthy hands off her. Now." 
 
 
——————————————————————
Thanks so much for the support, guys!! I really appreciate everything you do for me! The comments, subs, views, and votes are awesome~! Thanks again^^
 
~Toasty