Meeting pt. 2

Lil' Red and the 12 Bad Wolves

 

 
 
    You stared incredulously at him, what more did they have to say after that tall-tale?! Kris contemplated something, then said,
"May I continue?"
    You nodded, anxiously awaiting what he had to say. 
"Recently, as Suho said, we'd noticed signs of more of the remaining Flighted." He paused a little, then said,
"How do we know this? By the Shadows that have been raiding the forest. Shadows, as in corrupted sorcerers that worship the satanical spirit from the legend. These dark magicians are killing off many of the Evolved in this forest, or trapping and experimenting on them.
All the sudden lately, however their activity increased dramatically as more and more Evolved are missing. From that, we can conclude that more Flighted are missing as well."
"Honestly, we haven't been able figure out their motives. But we can guess there's more of the legend's truth lingering in this forest than we thought. " Suho said.
"Any questions?" 
    You thought for a moment, then asked,
"So this Shadow-cult-thing, why are they hunting you guys down?"
"Who knows, their evil Baal is probably just letting them toy with us." Jeesu snorted. 
   You thought over how'd you phrase your next question.
"How do you know they're killing and experimenting on the..evolved?" 
    Kris and the others seemed to grow tense, before he replied darkly,
"We've seen the results of their work. Once they're done they let the animals back into the forest. The evolved as we knew them are gone. Our friends of decades, now just savages wandering the land."
  
"O-oh, I'm sorry."
     Maybe it was his tone or the way sorrow seemed to reflect in his onyx eyes, but his words reached much further than your ears, tugging at your heartstrings.
    You looked around, each boy expressing their own remorse. Baekhyun and even the happy-go-lucky Luhan turned away. 'How many friends have they lost from these Shadows?' You thought sadly. Taking both boys' hands in your own, you gave them a light squeeze. 
    They jumped in surprise. Realizing his gloomy aura, Baekhyun perked up more and gave you a grateful smile. On the other hand, Luhan sent his own, a light blush unconsciously spreading across his cheeks. 
 
    You decided to put to words what had been on your mind the entire night.
"Not to be rude, but what exactly does all of this have to do with me?"
   
    The tense air around everyone lifted, and Kris went in talking as it  never happened.
"You're in danger. Back to our previous topics and present-there are mad scientists and their creations running around the land, and we can't just leave you by yourself anymore without someone to take care of you. Because of Jaejoong, a Flighted targeted by Shadows himself, seems to have an interest in you, we have another reason to keep you by our side. He and his pack are nothing but trouble."
 
"How do you know they're after the Flighted too?"
 
"The Shadows have been chasing Jaejoong years. He's one of the few Flighted they haven't been able to catch." Kris said, a frown on his face. "And what's more, he knows something about what's going on with the Shadows and supposed others after you besides himself. Which also leads us to wonder, if he's referring to the Shadows as those who are also hunting you..  " 
 
    You gulped a little, and Suho noticed your anxiety saying,
"It's just a possible theory we have though."
"However we can't just assume that, and go around like there isn't a threat to you or us." Kris argued.
 
    Hearing Suho's cover up made you feel better, but Kris's reality check also reminded you that he only said these things to prep you for whatever was to come in the future. You nodded again for the umpteenth time. 
 
"I-uh, honestly just want to know: What's my relation with you guys?" You asked finding the sentences hard to say.
 
"We've known you since you were little, and your parents long before." Kris said stiffly.
"We consider you part of our family," Suho finished warmly.
 
'Yeah right-there's no way this feeling is just one of a brother's,' many from around the circle thought bitterly.
 
    You nodded, only half satisfied with his answers. It still felt like they were holding back-Not telling you everything.
 
"Well, I think that concludes are meeting tonight. I don't know about all of you, but I'm pretty tired myself." Suho sighed, "What do you say, ~~~? Do you have anything more to add before we wrap up?"
 
"No, you covered a lot tonight so all of you must be tired,"
You said, unintentional yawning yourself. "If I do have questions later, you'll answer them right?"
    Everyone who wasn't asleep by then, watched you with amused eyes. 'So c-cute. .' Some thought, as you rubbed your watery eyes.
Both alphas paused briefly, then said,
"Of course,"
"Depends."
    Suho and Kris looked at each other, then said together,
"Just ask me,"
    You nodded drowsily, you vision already becoming dimmer from the drooping lids that threatened to fall at the slightest sign of sleep. 
   Most of the  boys had gotten up and moved to another area to sleep, while Baekhyun pulled you up from your seat.  "How will bedding work?"
"Well, we have extra blankets in the cave, so all you have to do is-" Baekhyun started.
"-just pick the least erted of the seventeen of us to sleep  by," Chanyeol winked, suddenly beside you and his brother.
    You got an idea to pick on the giant a little, and said sighing,
"You're right. Where's Chen and Lay?"
"What?! H-hey!!" The brunet whined tugging at your bacon-free arm to stop you from going to the others. 
"I can't possibly rest well with a ert beside me," you said. 
"Then don't sleep by Jeesu and you'll be fine!!" Chanyeol wailed, still clutching your arm. You laughed softly and assured,
"Don't worry Chanyeol, I'm just kidding."
 
    He stopped his griping, and pouted. 
"You're so mean, ~~~!"
"I know, I'm the worst."
    You laughed again, and this time the two betas beside you did too. 
    Splitting up to find an empty spot, you scanned the area. Some of the boys had transformed before falling asleep, while others remained as they were. As carefully as possible, you stepped over the slumbering dogs and boys sprawled all over. Finding a vacant place by what appeared to be a sleeping D.O, Kai, and the pups, you sat down. .
-brief flashback-
"Sorry we don't had any pillows," Baekhyun appologized sheepishly. "We usually sleep in our other form, these are used for winter,"
-end-
"It's fine," you said to yourself, trying to ignore the night breeze that swept over you. Laying down, you attempted to smooth down your dress as much as possible. It only half worked, bunching a little in one spot, but you were too tired to care. Soon after your head gently hit the ground, you eyes closed, and you were asleep-completely forgetting about the blanket.
 
    From either side of you were D.O and Kai, both wide awake. Sliding a blanket over you, D.O gave you a last look before drifting off too, his arms behind his head. His brother watched you move around, still asleep, yet not still. He knew what you were missing and used to. Casually he slid his arm under your head to rest. You stopped fidgeting, and relaxed. Unconsciously Kai did too, watching your body rise and fall with every breath. 
 
 
 
 
 
—————————————————————————————————
So sorry for the wait, guys!! It's been awhile, huh? 
I didn't mean for it to take to so long to update, but vacations happened, school happened, and that means homework happen(-__-). Plus, honestly I felt that this chapter was really hard to write and organize, so the information might've been a little disjointed and confusing.
Thanks to those who(have kept)subscribed and loyal(I know it was so long, I'll try not to let it happen again!!), read, vote, and comment~! 
I treasure all of your support!
 
~Toasty