Hurt

Lil' Red and the 12 Bad Wolves

-There is a little mild language in this chapter as heads up, but not enough or too extreme that I would consider Mature.

—————————————————————
 
     Tidying up your house one last time, you took your books and flowers and left for the village. Once in town you would go to school and stay in the premise until all the flowers you had picked were sold. Only then would you return home, maybe well into the evening.
    You walked briskly, trying to keep up your pace. Pulling your red hood around you, it fit comfortably along with your simple, white sundress. You had to sow most of your clothes, simply because there was no "mother" at home to do so. Your small cottage was maybe a hour's walk to the nearest village where you attended school, so you made sure to leave early every morning to keep from being tardy. The route you took was off the beaten path, often winding at parts and ending at others, but you never really minded. Green trees arched over the trail you followed, their branches coming down so low-at times you could touch their leaves if you stood on your toes. 
 
    An hour of walking, and you soon reached the end of your venture. The village was medium sized, holding about fifteen identical cottages with straw-thatched roofs. Houses were scattered all about, people milling in and out of the buildings. a schoolhouse stood in the middle of everything, its large bell ringing loudly signaling class was going to start. Walking fast, you failed to notice the foot put down in front of you. As you landed on the hard ground-face first of course, the laughter of other girls could be heard all around you. Luckily it hadn't rained recently, so there were only a few dirt smudges on you face. You looked up to see a familiar group of girls grinning maliciously down on you. 
 
"It's the monster-child!"
 
"Ha, she's as hideous as one!"
 
"She? Don't you mean it?"
 
"Oh, right! Sorry. It's so stupid it probably doesn't understand anyway!"
 
" It smells horrible! Does it even bathe?"
 
    You looked back down, your eyes watery, ears and cheeks pink. 'Not this again. . .'

A masculine voice intervened.

"Hey! What's your deal? Stop bothering her!" 

Your gaze went upwards in awe.

"E-eh? Hyunseung?! What are you doing?!"

"You're not defending it are you?"

"Hyunseung, I don't understand. What's the problem?"

"I said stop! For God's sake get lost! You're a nuisance to everyone, and you're going to make us all late!"

A handsome young boy bent down and offered his hand to you. Hyunseung was the lead hunter's son. Considered a prodigy by adults, a star by his peers, and a hunk to all the girls, this this talented and attractive boy was certainly not someone you would have though would want to associate himself with you. Going against the village's gorgeous, sweetheart Hyuna, was especially surprising. The fact that he still hadn't fallen her constant flirting like most of the boys amazed you. However, he managed to prove you wrong countless times, coming to your aid whenever local kids were picking on you.

Still in a daze,  you stared at the charming male. He smiled gently before taking your smaller hand into his own. The girls gasped. Easily the boy lifted you onto your feet, keeping his grasp firm. Only the leader of the ring was able to recover from her shock.

"Don't help that trash. Hyunseung, you don't know what you're doing," She spit nastily. Eyeing your water eyes, she smirked.

"Awww, is widdle monster going cry to its mommy and daddy? Oh, that's right! It has none! Those pigs were killed by the beasts of the forest!"
 
Her friends immediately backed her.
 
"Killed by your own kind, how messed up!"
 
"Heh, they got what they deserved! Housing other monsters of the forest."
 
   You frowned at the mention of your parents. It was some-what tolerable when they talked about you, but when they brought up your mom and dad, you weren't going to take their . Glaring back at them, you stepped forward releasing yourself from Hyunseung's grip before growling,
 
"What did you say?"
 
    They looked shocked for a moment, a new emotion-maybe fear(?)-flashed through their eyes. Even your savior held a startled expression. But they quickly regained their composure, putting their mean girl  faces back on. 
 
"Yeah, you heard us, Monster!" Hyuna sneered. 
 
    You lunged at her with such intensity, she froze for a split second. A split second too late for her, because by the time she was able to react, you had her pinned to the ground. The others around you began screaming at the sign of aggression. Your mind was fuzzy so you couldn't make out some of the words they were shouting, but you caught "red-eyes", "sharp teeth", and of course "Monster".
You didn't seem in control of your own body or conscious, because you couldn't think of anything but killing anyone who dared insult your parents. As someone shoved you away, you immediately snapped out of it . Surrounded by scared and angry faces, you watched another person helping up the girl you tackled down. Horrorfied, you realized someone had to pull you off her. Villagers, who had come out to see the ruckus you caused, glared coldly or stared at you with fear. You turned to see Hyunseung who was still gaping at the scene. Wide-eyed, you opened your mouth and started to speak,
"I'm so sor-"
 
"Get away from me, you Monster!"
 
    You had never been horribly bothered by the mean words and gestures given to you, but when you saw Hyuna just now, you knew they were right. The girl you had almost injured was shaking, tears dripping down face. And you had been the reason for that.
Hurt beyond what any physical wound could give you, you dashed away, afraid of what they or you might do if you stuck around any longer. You could hear villagers call after you angrily,
"We'll get you back, you damned Monster! You hear us?! Almost killing one of our own, you better not expect to live to see another morning!"
 
 Another voice stood out amonst the fury, his call untouched by their rage, 
 
"Wait,  ~~~!"
 
    Despite the scene witnessed, clear blue eyes remained calm. From the shadows he watched you carefully, worriedly at times, but none the less lovingly. He knew what he was doing was wrong, but he couldn't help himself. He'd had a bad feeling about today since morning, and after seeing what just happened, he knew he couldn't leave you alone. You'd grown into a beautiful young lady while he was away, and your usual sweet behavior was easily dissolved by mention of your parents. . .The wolf himself almost went berserk when those girls insulted you and your mom and dad. He had to hurry back and warn the others in order to protect you. After today, their vow would be broken-even more so than it already was. 
 
 
 
    Tao poked his head outside the cave next to Sehun's, his eyes following his friend's. 
"What's Kai doing now?" Tao asked aloud while watching his brothers go.
"Asking to get his kicked, again," Xuimin piped up from beside the two smirking. 
"Who do you think'll win?" Tao wondered aloud, eyes still glued to the match.
"Luhan-gege of course!" Sehun said.
"Guys, shut up! Listen to them this time," Chanyeol said, he and Baekhyun suddenly behind he three of them.
 
"It's always you, dammit! Why don't they ever chose me to look after Exo!" A black and grey wolf snarled, his blackish brown eyes blazing red.     Snapping his jaws at the other. Jumping back, the 'current alpha' evaded his opponent's attack with ease. Frustrated by his failed move, the wolf ran charging at his target. 
"What's  Luhan-gege going to do?" Sehun gasped, watching the black and white wolf become prey to their brother. 
    Bracing himself, Luhan took the attack head-on, eyes becoming a blood red too, before tumbling back when they collided. They wrestled on the ground for a while, stalemated. That is, until Luhan harshly flipped Kai onto his back, a loud crack coming from the wolf. At the sound of the noise and the whimpering that followed, everyone else in range of hearing cringed. The more dominate wolf growled dangerously at the other below. Just about to give the fatal blow, an authoritative voice interrupted him,
" That's enough now, Luhan."
    Said canine got off, smiling jokingly,
"You know I wouldn't kill him, Suho. You guys can come out now," he motioned to those unseen by Kai, Kris and Suho. 
 
   The five concealing themselves behind the rock gasped surprised, before awkwardly  stumbling out from their hiding place. 
"Aww, how didja know we were here?" Sehun whined coming out and pouncing on Luhan. The older affectionately nipped at the younger's tail, replying,
"Wolf Intuition, you'll understand one day,"
"Hey, where's D.O., Chen, and Lay?" Tao asked looking around for the three missing. 
"Probably out, trying to escape the chaos you caused," Suho said bitterly, his cold stare directed at the young beta. Kai flinched involuntarily, before glowering back with more distain than he had Luhan, his eyes not yet back to their brown-black color. He got up slowly, standing to match his brother's height. They each held their ground, until Kai walked away dejectedly. 
    The only thing that was hurt today, was his pride.
 
——————————————————————
 
I hope this one was good, please tell me if you think so! So you finally met 9 of the pack, now only 3 more to go. . . Thanks for reading, subscribing, and commenting!!
 
~Toasty