Chase

Lil' Red and the 12 Bad Wolves
 
    You ran through the brush, five others not too far behind. Twigs snapped and leaves crunched under foot,  but you ignored the pain and kept up your pace. Your heart beat erratically, almost pounding out of your chest from the fear that had crept into you.  
 
'I can't be caught.'
 
     Sweat slowly beaded down your neck and forehead, as you zipped around the trees. The cool wind bit at you skin, and your cheeks were already flushed from the exertion.
 
 
'If I get caught, it's game over.'
 
 
    Heavy breathing came from your pursuers, the chase eating at their stamina as well. The path that rolled out in front of you held endless trees and no way out, like a maze. You knew that this game of cat and mouse would eventually cease—with an ending not too good either. 
 
 
'Just a little more!'
 
 
    The sounds of advancing paws smacking ground made you swallow. Just feet away from each other now, you pushed further, sprinting now with your remaining strength. The scenery around you was a blur, but you were losing momentum and suddenly your foot got caught in the brush. Your body crashed downward into what you thought was a tree. However, when the tree came down with you, there was a grunt and yelling. 
 
     And just when you thought it was over, you found yourself staring into the deep blue eyes of your savior. 
 
 
 
 
"What the HELL is going on!?" 
 
 
   
 
 There was a silence that followed the outburst.
 
 
 
 
 
"Well!? Are you brats going to answered what!?
 
    Only one of the party behind you had the nerve to speak up. 
    Chanyeol replied innocently,
 
"Team-up-on-an-unlucky-person-tag?"
 
 
 
 
    Another silence.
 
 
"The HELL!? It's all part of some stupid game of yours!? This all your brain can think of Chanyeol?! Getting the pups involved! And you too Baekhyun, Luhan?! Freaking made ~~~ run into me..AGAIN-" D.O roared furiously.
"-Wait! Again?" Sehun questioned, giving his brother a look. 
    For a moment the hunter looked flustered until he fired up,
"You punks! Look, you even got ~~~ hurt!"
 
    All attention went back to you. Sitting in the grass, you embarrassedly stared at your hands folded in your lap. There was a slight sting in your ankle from the fall, but nothing more. 
 
"Oh my gosh! ~~~ are you alright?!!?"
 
"~~~, you don't need mouth to mouth do you?"
 
"The heck?!"
 
"Don't die on us now ~~~!"
 
"GUYS! ! Give her some space! Geeze, you're killing her-and me now as you are," a voice scolded. The others in the vicinity left the two of you alone. 
 
     You turned to the owner of the voice to see. .
 
 
Choose:
 
-Chanyeol
-Baekhyun
-Luhan 
-Kai
-D.O
-Xuimin
 
 
 
-Chanyeol-
 
    The jokester himself turned around to give you a silly grin, before extending his hand out. Taking it, you allowed him to pull you up with ease.
    Brushing off your dress, you bashfully smiled at him, muttering a small, "thank you," in return.
    
    His grin grew wider at the words, as the boy found himself blushing the slightest bit.
"No problem! That's what I'm here for~~~!"
 
    You gave him a confused look.
 
"I'll always pick you up when you're down-literally!" he said then winked, "See what I did there?"
 
    You smiled at his cheesiness, then paused as a sudden feeling of queasiness fell upon you. Your vision grew hazy, and before you knew it. .
 
* *flashback* *
 
    The six year old you was outside in your backyard climbing on the old crooked trees that sat sturdily in the ground. Below was a familiar tall, curly-headed boy watching over in case of any accident. He'd observe you go higher and cheer you on as you climbed to the top, fully knowing that you would have to stop before to long-because of the smaller twig-like branches that would force to quit on your quest. 
 
Unseen to you, the back door of the small cottage swung open as a woman emerged from the other side. She was a delicate looking lady with gentle features, her eyes showing the weariness of a busy mom. Calling out for her daughter, it was then when she looked to the slender boy staring intently at the leave-shrouded trees, did she figure out where her baby was.
 
You were only on the fifth wooden step from the bottom when you heard your mother call out to you from somewhere below. After the second call, you noticed she stopped and a young boy's voice began to speak with hers. Deciding to join them, you slowly crawled down. Ever so carefully, you gripped the rough grey bark and made your way. Your palms, very sweaty from all the previous work, got the best of things when you lost your footing and began to fall. 
 
The rustle of leaves came first, then the shrill scream of a child. And before the mother could react herself, the boy had already sprung into action. Arms out with wide eyes, he managed to catch the small girl just in time. 
      
    There wasn't much pain, but the tears fell out endlessly and without a word, the boy held her close, whispering,
"It's alright, I've got you ~~~. I'll always be here when you're down."
Letting you ball your eyes out he looked at the mother, unsure sure of what to do. Mouthing 'It's ok, as long as she has you, she'll be fine,' The lady just smiled at him kindly waving him off before going back inside. Blushing at her words, he cradled you gently, waiting patiently for you to calm before kissing your cheek and setting you down. On your feet again, you began to run. Your laughter ringing out as the gentle giant followed right behind. 
 
* *end of flashback* *
 
"You were right," you muttered as your eye lids fluttered open. 
"What did you say ~~~?"
Holding you carefully, Chanyeol had a troubled look on his face. Realizing you were ok, he lightened up, helping you stand. 
"What was that you said?" He repeated himself. 
You hesitated before lying,
"It was nothing, just fatigue from running earlier."
A tiny pang of guilt hit you as you watched him nod, instantly believing you. 
"Ok then, let's get back before Kris and the others have a fit." He laughed. Looking up, he smiled dreamily as  if imagining the scene. You gave him an exasperated look, but found yourself grinning anyway. 
 
 
—————————————————————————————————————
Thanks for all those who read, subscribe, vote, and comment! ! Your feedback is a great way to see how I can improve the story, so I'd love to hear from more of you! (Thanks to those who do so already:) 
 
~Toasty