Nightmares

Lil' Red and the 12 Bad Wolves

 

 
     You sat up in bed, the nightmare still lingering in your mind. Those were your parents, you remembered that much, but the details on their deaths seemed to slip from your mind. 'I shouldn't think about those kinds of things' you thought bitterly. Sliding the covers off your body, you got up to get some water. Bare feet against wood, only the sound of your steps could be heard in your house as you quietly crept into the kitchen. Silver moon light shone through the window of your kitchen facing the forest. Pouring yourself a glass of water, your eyes began to wander to the scenery outside. The moon beams lit up the flowers, trees, and plant life, enhancing their beauty further. Setting your glass down, it clinked softly on the countertop as you turned to leave the kitchen. Instead of returning to bed however, you took your red hood from the rack and slipped it on as you headed outside.
    It was late summer, so the weather was still balmy but also cooler at night as fall arrived. There was a light chill in the air, but with your hood on it was barely noticeable as you walked through your yard. The tall grass pricked at your feet and ankles, its length a result from years of yard-work neglect. Reaching a certain oak, you sat down leaning against its sturdy trunk. You didn't really know what you liked about it, but the particular tree always drew you to it. While you rested you stared up into the sky to gaze at the stars, immediately putting you at ease. For the past fortnight this seemed to be your ritual; having the nightmares, getting water, grabbing your hood, going outside, watching the stars, and eventually falling asleep.          
     Your eyes traced patterns in the sky as your mind grew clearer. It might've been half-past one, but you wouldn't have cared. Closing your eyes, you slowly drifted back to sleep. 
 
     
 
 
    From the shadows a pair of eyes watched you intently. As soon as he heard your breath slow from slumber, he cautiously padded out of the brush behind. Circling you twice, he let himself take in your features. Until recently he hadn't seen you since you were six. Then two weeks ago, he'd noticed you'd started coming out to your yard at night. He didn't stalk you, it was more like "keeping a close watch while you didn't know, but none theless for your own good". But he was sure you wouldn't mind. . .anyway he curled up beside you, resting his head on your lap. Glancing up at your sleeping face every once and a while, your face had become prettier over the years he and the others had missed from your life. He couldn't help but feel guilty for Exo practically abandoning you after the incident. 
    You didn't seem to know about him or the rest of Exo, but that was how it should be-according to the alphas. He'd always make sure to leave in the morning before you woke, so he wouldn't get caught. Since he had been able to sneak past you the past two weeks, tomorrow morning wouldn't be a problem. Tired, he too, closed his eyes snuggling even closer to you and smiling when you unconsciously cuddled back.
 
 
 
 
-------------------------------------
 
    I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! For those who like this story so far, and make banners-or know someone who makes banners, please message me! I'd really like to have one for this!! Anyway, thanks for reading, subscribing, commenting, and whatnot!! Please continue to do those things, because your support and feedback is awesome!!!
~Toasty