Flashbacks*

Is it really Forbidden?

“Sunggyu!!” She yelled.

“Eunji-ah! You really came back.” He said.

“Of course I will. I made a promise right?”

“Nae. You don’t know how happy I am. Where are your parents?”

“Uhm. They just drop me here, there’s no one that will take care of me so they decided me to stay with auntie for a couple of weeks.”

“You’ll be here for a couple of weeks? How great!”

She just only gave a sigh.

“What’s the matter?”

“I just feel so lonely.” *low-tone-sad-voice*

“Hmm. You can tell me. Say it.” *smiles*

“My brother. . . Henry oppa.”

“Why?”

“He’s sick.” *sighs*

“How is he now?”

“Molla. One time I saw omma and appa in the room, crying. They told me that oppa will go for a trip in a while and that makes me sad.”

“Hmm. *sighs* You know what, I’m sick too.”

“Jeongmal???”

“Just kidding.” He chuckles.

“Aish! Stop that!”

He jumps off from his seat.

“Come! I will let you see something.” He offers his hand and she holds it.

“Where?”

“Just wait. We’ll be there soon.” *smiles*

“You know what, it makes me feel warm when you smile. You should smile always.”

“Really? So I’ll smile more often just for you.”

They run and run until they arrived in a church.

“Church??”

“Nae. Come on! Let’s go in.” Still holding hands.

“Why do you bring me here?”

“Sister Seohyun says that if you have a problem just talk to Him.”

“I see.”

“We’re pretty lucky because there’s no one in here, you can say what you want. Talk to Him.” *smiles*

“PLEASE DON’T SEND HENRY OPPA AWAY FROM US! I NEED HIM! WE NEED HIM! WE NEED TO PLAY MORE! I WANT HIM TO STAY!” She shouted and cried.

“It’s okay Eunji-ah.” He said while tapping her back.

“Come. I’ll give you a coupon.” He said.

“Cou-pon?”

“Nae, Come, I’ll give you a hug, this is your coupon.” He said then his smile appears again.

She looks into his eyes and hugged him.

“Don’t cry. Gwaenchana Eunji-ah!” He said while hugging her back.

“You’re so . . . . . warm.” She rested her head in his shoulders and fell asleep.

He piggybacked her to bring her back to Sister Taeyeon, her auntie.

“Omo! Omo!” Sr. Taeyeon said.

“She fell asleep sister, so I piggyback her.”

“Thank you Sunggyu, place her here.”

“Hmm. Nae.” He gently lay her down in the bed.

“Where are you guys from?”

“Uhm. In the church near here. I’ll go ahead and wash up sister.”

“Nae. Gomawo Sunggyu.”

He is ready to run but suddenly he fell down on the floor and curls himself up. Sister Taeyeon hurriedly went in his place.

“Sunggyu! Sunggyu!”

“Sis. . . .ter. . . . it hu . . . . .rts. . . .again.” He said while curling himself into pain, his arms crossed somewhere near his abdomen and he’s body is all over in sweat.

--

“Please, help me oppa.” Sister Taeyeon said.

“My child is also in the midst of death then you want me to give his kidney?”

“Please oppa, please. If we don’t immediately give a transplant to that kid, he might die.”

“My son is also having pain, don’t you kn. . . .ow. . .how terribly lone. . . . .ly I am? Why for all of the people why, . . . . . . why my son, why not . . . . me . . . instead of him having  . . . .that heart disease? Why???!!” Punches the wall.

“Stop that honey. We . . . all know that he will be gone soon, our son will be gone but we can help others to continue his life. He’s kidney is match for that kid.” Eunji’s omma said.

“How is it so easy for you to tell those words?!!”

“……………………………………………………………”

“Why don’t you talk to me?!!!”

“Oppa, let’s have a break.” Sister Taeyeon stops him because he is going hysterical.

“Why it seems so easy for you! Answer me!!” Eunji’s appa said with the tears in his eyes.

She put her head down and said.

“You think it’s easy for me? Don’t you know the burden I have with me, right now?? Do you know what I feel?” She started to cry and tamps his husband’s chest so hard and continues doing it.

“I carry him for 9 months in my womb!!!9 months. . . . I car. . . . ry him for that lo. . . . .ng. . . . I assure myself to give him my best as I can but that best wasn’t go. . . . . ood. . . enough. Then, you’re telling me its ea. . . . .sy fo. . . .or mmmm. . .  ..eee??!!! I almost died just to have him alive, then He is taking him back from us? Why so very fast. . . . . why so fast? I want to die! I want to die!!” She tamps her chest and slowly falls down on her knees.

“I’m sorry honey. I’m sorry,” He hugs her wife and can’t stop to say sorry.

--

“Omma, Where is Henry oppa?”

“Oppa went in a faraway place dear.”

“Why did he leave us? I prayed and talked to Him but he doesn’t grant my wish.”

“Oppa is resting now, he needs it for a long time treatments his been through. You do understand Eunji-ah?”

“Nae. But I miss him.”

“I know, he miss us too.” *kisses her forehead*

--

“The operation is successful, thank you oppa.” Sr. Taeyeon said.

“Where’s the child?” The father asks.

“He is in the piano room.”

“He can play piano too? Like Henry.” The mother said.

“I want to see him.” The father declares.

She leads them in the piano room and from the hall way they can hear him playing piano.

They sneak a peek on the door and saw him sitting, practicing. The father walks near him and he stops playing the piano.

“Do you love playing piano?” The father asks and he nods.

The father turns his face into her wife and he saw her standing like a statue.

“Honey?”

“He looks like Henry with those eyes.” She chuckles with teary eyes.

“I notice.” The father said.

“I’m going to have this child.” She walks to him and said, “I’m going to have you.” *smiles*

The boy doesn’t know what to feel and all of a sudden he just felt watery thing flows into her cheeks coming from his eyes.

--

“Eunji-ah!” Their father said.

“Hmm?”

“Is it okay for you to have a new brother?”

“I have Henry oppa, I’ll wait for him to come back to us.”

“So, you don’t like me to be here Eunji-ah?” The boy asks.

He appears in the back of their father whom he is hiding to.

Eunji just runs into him and hugs him tightly.

“Is it really you? Are you going to stay with me? You’re not leaving me don’t you? Right, Sunggyu?” Still hugging each other.

“Of course I would not, why would I do that? I’ll just stay beside you ‘forever’.”

“Promise?”

“I promise.”