Chapter 2

Within 30 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Later on that day, the day Jessica had met Yoona on Earth. As usual she was sleeping on her bed again. But what made her dorm mate, Taeyeon worried, was Jessica screaming on her sleep. She rushed from the kitchen to Jessica’s room just to wake her up.

 

“Sooyeon yah!”

 

Jessica soon woke up after hearing Taeyeon’s loud voice. Taeyeon stared at her and noticed the tears on Jessica’s face. She removed it using her thumb and smiled at her.

 

“Sooyeon, you cried on your sleep? Is there something wrong?” she asked worriedly as she caressed her friend’s face.

 

“I don’t know, Taeng. It was my first time dreaming about something weird.” She softly said.

 

“Mind telling me?” Taeyeon asked again and Jessica nodded.

 

“I dreamt of something weird. Uh. It was like I was bidding my farewell to someone special.” Jessica started. Curiosity had been drawn on Taeyeon’s face as she listens very well on Jessica’s story about her weird dream.

 

“You appeared on her dream?” a beautiful eyesmiling angel asked the doe eyed angel, who was listening very well to Jessica and Taeyeon’s conversation.

 

“I think yes.” The doe eyed angel answered as she reminiscence what exactly was Jessica dreamt of.

 

*****

-Flashbacks-

 

It was a painful day for Yoona because she knew after that day; she’ll be Jessica’s guardian angel again. Even though, how much she tries to tell to herself to just accept the truth it was still as if shattering her heart into pieces.

 

“Yoona yah~!” Jessica called her. She was too absurd by her thoughts that she didn’t notice the shorter girl approaching her.

 

“Oh! Hi, Sica.” Yoona smiled a bit trying to hide her sadness.

 

“I… I want to thank you for loving me all this time and for being with me.” The shorter girl softly said as she stared at the angel’s beautiful doe eyes.

 

“Why are you being so serious today? You know I will never ever leave your side. I am your guardian angel. So if you must return to your body then I will still be here to guide you.”

 

“What do you think of me?” Jessica suddenly asked as tears started to fell on her face. “What do you think of…” Jessica hesitated at first seeing the angel’s confused face.

 

“What do you think of us?” she finally said with all of her strength.

 

Yoona wanted to jump with happiness but her mind wouldn’t cooperate. Yes, she loves Jessica so much but the truth will always be the greatest burden on her. The truth… The truth… that she is only Jessica’s guardian angel and when Jessica returned to her body, on human world, she knew that Jessica won’t be able remember her anymore. It was the painful truth to Yoona that she had to bear with.

 

“You don’t feel the same way for me?” Jessica coldly asked. This is obviously what Jessica had been worried about. She knew that she might face rejection from her loyal guardian angel.

 

“I… I am sorry. I was so… uh… You cared for me a lot and I think I had mistaken it as love. I forgot that you are my Guardian Angel, who takes care of me…” Jessica then avoided the eye contact from the angel in front of her as she was about to start tearing up.

 

“Jessica…” Yoona softly said as she kneeled down in front of her ad held her hands.

 

“What now?” Jessica coldly asked.

 

“You’re going to return on your human body and you will eventually forget about me. You won’t also see me around. I am invisible to human world. Do you think if I accept your love or even if I admit now that I also love you a lot…” Yoona sighed, “Which is true. I love you a lot. Do you think something will change? Jessica… You and I are impossible…”

 

Yes. It was the sad truth… Angels and humans are impossible.

 

“But we can overcome that if our love is true…” Jessica said between her tears. Yoona buried her face on Jessica’s hands that she was holding on.

 

“Jessica, I’ve also thought about that many times but it was really impossible. All I can do… no… All we can do is to wait for the right time where you and I won’t be separated ever again.”

 

Jessica fell on her knees and stared at Yoona, who was burying her face on h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter