Chapter 13

Within 30 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon scratched her head as she decides whether to do some research about the doe eyed girl, Yoona. She’s been quietly staring at the computer in front of her on their school’s computer laboratory for about a couple of minutes. There’s a part of her telling that she should do a research about, Yoona’s best friend, Tiffany instead.

 

Still undecided, Taeyeon abruptly typed Tiffany Hwang and hit the search button. She scanned different articles but none on the articles was related about the eye smiling girl. She finds it weird because she knew even the least popular person will be found on the internet or there will be at least one thing about them. Until she realize something, Tiffany’s Korean name. Taeyeon typed Hwang Miyoung and hit the search button. There, too many articles about Hwang Miyoung had popped up even pictures. The curious girl widened her eyes seeing a picture of the girl she is looking for. She clicked it and read the article.

 

Hwang Miyoung is part of the Hwang family who is one of richest family in South Korea. Taeyeon couldn’t believe on what she just read. Tiffany’s really rich but how come she is staying at a dorm with Yoona. She continue on reading the article and one thing caught her eyes. Hwang Miyoung died at the age of 17 by a hit and run. Taeyeon blinked her eyes with a shocked on her face. She read again the article with the thought of being misread but it is still the same.

“Hwang Miyoung… Hwang Miyoung…”

“Hey, Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon was suddenly awakened by voice coming from someone. She turned to the person and dropped open. It is the Hwang Miyoung on the picture.  She couldn’t believe it and thought she was dreaming. How can Hwang Miyoung be here and is greeting her now? She had died. Taeyeon thought the Hwang Miyoung in front of her is a ghost and is asking her help that is why she showed up.

 

Tiffany raised her eyebrow seeing the smaller girl’s reaction. She wanted to throw something so that she could wake up from her thoughts that she is a ghost.

 

“Taeyeon, if you are also thinking that I am the Hwang Miyoung on that article then you are wrong.” Tiffany spoke up which gave the girl a goose bumps.

“You… You… look…like…her…” she stutter earning chuckle from Tiffany.

“Many people had said that to me. Can I assume that you are praising me?” Tiffany asked.

“How?” Taeyeon asked with still a shocked face.

“I don’t know? Maybe they’re right. Among billions and billions of people, there will be someone who looks like you.” Tiffany stated hoping that Taeyeon will believe her. And she was right, Taeyeon nodded.

“My auntie once told me that I look like her friend. So I guess you’re right.” Tiffany just nodded at Taeyeon’s answer.

A dead silence covered them until Taeyeon received a call from her auntie and is asking her to come home and help her for preparing something.

“Can I come with you?” Tiffany suddenly asked before Taeyeon could open and tell her that she needed to go.

“What about Yoona?”

“I want to relieve some of my stress. I promise I won’t be a trouble.” Tiffany eye smiled. Great, Taeyeon’s weakness is her eye smile. Damn her, she couldn’t resist it and she can’t help but to agree.

“Let’s go.”

*****

“Jessica is a pain in the of Yoona.” Yuri bluntly muttered as she sees how clingy Jessica is to Yoona, earning a chuckle from Sooyoung who was seriously following her for the whole day.

“Can I reprise it? Jessica is a pain in the of Yuri. It sounds better.” The tall girl laughed. Yuri glared at her with obviously, annoyance drawn on her face. “Hey, c’mon, we’re not kids anymore. I know you’re just jealous. I know Yoona is a drop dead gorgeous, she’s perfect, has beautiful eyes, and all. And she isn’t suited on a girl like you. You’re tall but you’re dark.”

“She’s beyond the word perfect, you annoying girl.” Yuri corrected which made Sooyoung to laugh even more. “Yah! Choi Sooyoung!” she suddenly shouted and tried to hit her but the taller girl suddenly run fast, avoiding Yuri’s hit. Being Kwon Yuri herself, she couldn’t let anyone to make her feel annoy so she followed Sooyoung and tried to catch her.

 

Meanwhile, Jessica looked on where Yuri with Sooyoung was and when she was sure that they already left, she let go of Yoona’s hand and it shocked the doe eyed girl a little. The ice princess stood in front of her and pouted. She wanted to throw her, her famous cold attitude but she just couldn’t. Yoona was just so nice to her ever since they’ve met and her heart couldn’t take it.

 

“Hey, what’s wrong with you?” Yoona pretended like she was clueless.

“Yoona yah, I am getting hungry. And also, those people who are staring at you are making me annoyed.” Jessica blurted out and she suddenly caught herself off guard. She turned her back on the doe eyed girl as she blushed with embarrassment on her face.

“Are you somewhat jealous, Sica yah?” Yoona teased, earning a glare from the ice princess.

“How can I? We are not together.” After her words, Jessica left Yoona alone, hoping that her reddened face will be back to normal again.

 

Yoona wanted to follow her and ask her feelings but she chose not to move. She just stood where the ice princess left her and just watched her. She knew that her time left is already coming to its end but she chose to respect and wait for Jessica until the latter would find her in her heart.

****

Taeyeon and Tiffany had already arrived on Taeyeon’s auntie’s house. On their way there, Taeyeon couldn’t help but to stole glances from the eye smiling girl. She finds her beautiful inside and out and not to mention she was cute when sleeping which makes Taeyeon to blush on their way.

 

“Taeyeon, are you home?” a familiar sound to Tiffany’s ear had got her attention. She once heard that voice but she wasn’t sure when.

“Yes, auntie.” After Taeyeon answered, her auntie went out from their kitchen to greet them. But instead of greeting them properly she suddenly broke the plates in her hands as she was too shocked on what she is seeing with her two eyes. “Are you okay, auntie?” Taeyeon hurriedly went to her and help her but her eyes were fixed on Tiffany.

“Who… is…. she?” her auntie stuttered and Taeyeon turned to Tiffany and smiled.

“She is my classmate. A friend to be exact. She came here to help us.” Taeyeon answered but her auntie was not contented. She still hasn’t mentioned her name. “Her name’s Tiffany.”

Her auntie let out a heavy sigh and just smiled at her. Finally, Tiffany remembers her. Taeyeon’s auntie was part of her dark past.

“I am Tiffany, nice to meet you, ma’am.” She gave her trademark eye smile to show her respect but Taeyeon’s auntie just nodded and left them.

“Oh, I am sorry. Maybe auntie is not on good mood.” Taeyeon apologized, earning a smile from the eye smiling girl.

“No, it’s okay. Maybe she was just shocked because she was expecting that you’ll come here alone.”

“I guess so. But she should be used to it now. Sooyeon tag along with me sometimes unexpectedly.”

“But I am not her…” Tiffany sighed. With Taeyeon, she thought she will never be compared to Jessica but she was wrong. Taeyeon is like Yoona.

Noticing the girl’s reaction, Taeyeon regretted her words. Tiffany once told her how she hates being compared to Jessica and she once promised to her that she’ll never do that. But she did exactly the other way. Taeyeon didn’t utter a single word. She couldn’t find the word ‘sorry’ in her system.

“Hey, it’s okay. Besides, it’s really unavoidable.” Tiffany eye smiled at her after seeing how bothered the smaller girl was.

*****

Back on their school, the doe eyed girl was walking around on the whole campus, looking for Jessica. She forgot to give her something. She had been keeping that little thing on her since the first time she stepped on mortal world as a human. She always had on her mind on how to give it to the ice princess but being a coward herself, she always missed the chance. Until now, that she finally decided to give it to her before it’s too late. But damn, Jessica isn’t showing up now. Why it does always happen to her? She’ll be covered with being coward again if she passed this day.

“Hi, Yoona.” A manly voice greeted her. It was Nichkhun, who had recently proposed his love to her but was rejected by her right away. She turned to her and let out a faint smile before turning to another side and walked away as she was still looking for Jessica.

“Wow, you got totally rejected by her, Khunnie.” One friend of Nichkhun named Taecyeon . Nichkhun was a little bit embarrassed on his friends’ word so he decided to follow Yoona but a pair of fierce eyes stopped him.

“Hey, hey, look what we got here. It’s Kwon Yuri.” Nichkhun together with his friends laughed.

“I’ve never stepped on your business before, Nichkhun. But Yoona is an exemption.” Yuri remarked making Nichkhun and his friends to smirked.

“Oh, I get it. What about let’s have a deal?” Nichkhun suggested, earning a glare from Yuri, who doesn’t like where their conversation is going. “Jessica’s your friend and one of my friends here likes her.” He then glanced at Taecyeon who was smiling foolishly after hearing Jessica’s name.

“Then?”

“C’mon, if you get Jessica to have a night with him then Yoona’s yours but if not…” he paused. “She’s mine.”

“WHAT THE HELL?” Yuri almost yelled but instead she only received a wink and a smile before they finally left her. “I didn’t say yes…”

*****

A smile formed on Yoona’s face after seeing the sleeping Jessica behind one of the tree from economics building. Her heart starts racing as she comes near to her. Every step she took was making her heart beats fast. When she finally reached her, she carefully seat next to her and laid the ice princess head

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter