Chapter 12

Within 30 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“All this time I am watching you… have you ever noticed me?”

A soft sigh and a tears slowly falling on her face, Jessica was reading her favorite book again. It had been a long time since she last read it and she feels like it was hitting her now unlike when she last read it.

“Sooyeon yah~ are you awake now?” her best friend, Taeyeon knocked on her room.

“Yeah.”

“Can I come in?” Taeyeon asked.

“Yeah.”

A smile formed into Taeyeon’s face as she opens the door, seeing her best friend sobbing like a kid while reading a book. That’s exactly the Jessica she knew that everyone doesn’t know.

“Hey, you’re crying again?” Taeyeon asked as she sat next to her and face her.

The ice princess continues to sobs like a kid and it makes Taeyeon to laugh deep inside of her. Seriously, how old is she? Crying because of a fiction book… Taeyeon couldn’t help but to adore the Jessica in front of her more.

“Hey, crybaby, stop crying, unnie’s here and won’t leave you.” Taeyeon joked as she took the book from the ice princess hands and hug her.

“Yoona… you’re indeed a pabo…” an angel mumbled seeing the doe eyed angel staring at Jessica and Taeyeon in front of her.

“Fany, what if I didn’t die, if I am living in this generation, if I am same age with Jessica, do you think it’s possible for us to meet and be together with no barricades in front of us?” the doe eyed angel asked.

“Yoona ah. How exactly? How stupid can you really be? Didn’t you think that you’re lucky because you don’t have to suffer and you’re living peacefully now?” the angel asked as she faced the doe eyed angel.

The doe eyed angel stared at her directly on her eyes. Tiffany sure loves her very much and is hurt seeing her like that. Only if given a chance she will love this girl facing her but it’s too late now that she already has Jessica in her heart. How can love be so cruel to her?

*****

The echo of the school bell calling all the students to proceed on their respective classroom made all the students gathering around or lurking around to enter their classrooms, meanwhile, on one of the classroom, an ice princess, who seems to be not the usual her, was already on her usual sit as she watched her classmates letting out a chuckles, giggling, chit-chatting and playing. She usually arrives late and or sleeping while waiting but it seems like there’s a sudden 360 degree turn around as she is completely awake and it seems like she is on her good mood.

“Hey, Kwon Yuri will be attending our class today, do you know that?” she heard one of her classmate giggled.

“I bet her eyes will be on Yoona. There’s a circulating rumor saying that they’re dating.”

“What are you talking about? Isn’t that clear that Yoona is dating Jessica?”

“They’re just friends.”

Hearing the most stupid conversation that day made Jessica let out a sigh and just stared at the door, completely waiting for the doe eyed girl.

“See? She’s waiting for Yoona.”

“No way, I’ve seen Yoona with Yuri. They’re like a happy couple.” Her classmate whispered to her other classmate but it seems like they just whispered it a little bit loud enough for the ice princess to hear it and send them her famous icy glare which gave shivers down to their spines.

“Hey, I’ll be seating next to you for today, can I?” a tall girl asked. Jessica looked up to her.

“That belongs to Yoona.” Clearly with her tone, she seems to be irritated but the tall girl didn’t mind it and sat next to her.

“Yoona, my best friend, asked me to do this, I am sorry, Jessica.” Alright, she completely forgotten that it is Choi Sooyoung, Yoona’s best friend, and she have to respect the doe eyed girl’s decision to let her best friend sit next to her.

“Whatever…” the ice princess sighed as she was about to lay her head on her table, Yoona then entered the room with Yuri. She stared at them like she wanted to bury them alive until they found an empty seat at her back.

“You know, I don’t like to do this. I am scared of you but Yoona gave me food so I have no choice.” Sooyoung stated as she noticed the ice princess’ eyes glued on the people at her back. “Hey, c’mon, that means I don’t like to…”

“Shut up.” The ice princess coldly said as she turned to her. Sooyoung suddenly felt scared seeing those fierce eyes that belongs to her seatmate. “I don’t want to hear you talking…”

Isn’t it enough that she feels jealousy growing inside of her after seeing Yoona hanging up with Yuri and even sitting next to her? She doesn’t understand how she can slowly fell for the person she just met and be possessive to her.

“Just in case…”

“I told you to shut up, right? If I give you food, will you sit next to Yuri and let Yoona sit next to me?” suddenly, Jessica comes up with a good idea.

“I…” Sooyoung paused as she glanced at her back. “Deal.”

“Mind going at my back now?”

“You know, Jessica, I know I’m kind of stupid but when…”

“Shut up, okay? I’ll give it to you later during our break.” Jessica cut her words and the tall girl stood up from her seat.

*****

“Hey, we should get together a lot from now on.” Yuri suggested but the doe eyed girl didn’t speak or say anything since they entered their classroom. The tan girl felt something is weird before entering their room the doe eyed girl seems to be talkative. She then noticed where the doe eyes of the girl next to her fixated to. She turned to her front and it was, Jessica who was completely quiet, which is her usual self.

“Yoona, I can’t stand sitting next to her! She keeps throwing me icy glares!” Sooyoung suddenly appeared from nowhere and it made Yuri startled.

“Yah! Yoona’s sitting next to me! It’s your prob-” before she could finish her words, the doe eyed girl stood up from her seat and sat next to the ice princess.

“Aigoo, I am free now…” Sooyoung let out a soft sigh. “Hey, can you-” right before she could finish her words, Yuri covered and asked her to just shut up. Sooyoung stared at the tan girl next to her unbelievably.

*****

The doe eyed girl stared at the ice princess so does the ice princess. No one dared to say a single word to one another or even try to break the atmosphere. Only an eye to eye contact was made. To Yoona, it feels like it’ll be the last time she’ll be able to stare at those beautiful eyes of the ice princess. To Jessica, she feels like something deep inside her heart starts to shatter into pieces as she stares at the clear doe eyes of the girl next to her.

“I…” both said at the same time. A dead silence covered them…

*****

“Yoona likes her… Am I right?” Yuri whispered to the girl next to her but the latter didn’t say anything. “Does Jessica know that?” she asked again but the taller girl didn’t say anything again and it made Yuri to hit her. “Yah! Aren’t you going to talk?”

“You told me not to talk and how could you hit me?” Sooyoung protested as she hits her back.

*****

Their class started as soon as their professor arrived, but still, Yoona and Jessica didn’t talk but instead they seems to be involved in a fierce staring match. Both of them didn’t care if their professor or someone will notice it.

 

“Miss Jung, will you answer the question on the board?” the professor finally called Jessica up as he noticed that she is not completely taking up their lesson.

 

The whole class waited for her to stood up and answer it but it seems like Jessica together with Yoona has their own world. Until, Taeyeon finally spoke up and woke them up.

 

“Hey, he’s calling you.” She softly said as they turned to her.

“Miss Jung and Miss Im, I want you two to be out in this classroom.” Their professor yelled at them and they hurriedly packed their things and sprinted out from the classroom, making the whole class to stare at them.

*****

“I am sorry…” Jessica started as they walked outside the school building. Yoona, being herself, didn’t let the ice princess blame herself as she stopped from walking and held her hand.

“It was also my fault.”

“But…”

“No, buts…” Yoona cut her words by her hair. “Do you want to go with me? I know this is a little bit rushed and totally unplanned, but do you want to go with me?” the doe eyed angel waited for the answer. Only a sweet smile and a simple nod, indicating an agreement were seen on the ice princess’ face.

*****

“How long do we have to go?” Jessica panted. They’ve been walking and walking for about an hour but none of them dared to protest as they’re both enjoying their moments together. But being the lazy Jessica, the ice princess finally felt tired.

“Hop on my back, Sica yah~!” Yoona suggested as she lowered herself, enough for the ice princess to jump on her back. She waited for her until she noticed that the girl isn’t moving but instead she was just staring confusingly at her and is starting to sobs. Yoona felt like she said or she did something wrong on her and went to her as she gave her warmth embrace to comfort her.

“Yoona ah~ that hill is…” Jessica managed to say with her cracking tone as she noticed where they are heading. Yoona exactly knew what she was talking and it made her smile a little bit. “I…”

“Sssh. Don’t say anything…” the doe eyed girl smiled as she broke the hug and asked her to jump on her back. “We still have long way to go, Sica. We’ll be climbing up that hill.” She pointed on the hill that Jessica is afraid to go up or went up there.

“That hill was the reason why I was in putted in comma. Are you sure about it?” a nod was the answer to her doubt. Without anymore word, Jessica climbed up on Yoona’s back and held onto hers tightly.

“They say you have to face your fear, Sica.” Yoona smiled as she started walking.

 

Ignoring what had happened to her, Jessica feels so safe and secured with the doe eyed girl. I promise to make you feel safe whenever you’re with me… Suddenly, a phrase from the book she was reading plastered on her mind. It was as if her book is coming to life and it is Yoona, who plays as the person talking in there.

 

“This place is the reason why I’ve met the person I love… I am grateful to this place.” Yoona suddenly opened up. Jessica raised her eyebrow.

“What are you talking about? This place took other’s life and even putted me in comma!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter