Friendly Gathering

A Different Reply [Yunjae/Junhee fanfic]

( - ; v ; - ) Hello~

Here’s Junhee’s POV and also some timeskips. First scene is when Junhee got back to the apartment after the confession and 2nd is Yuchun coming home in the afternoon from the hospital. The 3rd one is nighttime where someone joins in~

Well, enjoy~ <3

 

======================================

 

7. Friendly Gathering

 

I entered my expected empty apartment since Yuchun is still at the hospital and I’m guessing that he’ll come home in the afternoon. Closing the door behind me, I leaned against the door as I still couldn’t believe what I just did a while ago. I just told him how I felt for him years ago. I felt relieved that my chest’s heaviness disappeared but something felt strange. I thought that I’d be happier, but why is there this feeling of longing?

 

I shook my head, trying to not think much about what happened and just be happy that I have told my best friend the truth. As I reached for my phone inside my pocket, I felt nothing. I heavily breathed, thinking that I may have dropped it or left it somewhere while I was drunk last night.

 

Setting that aside, I head to my room and change into something comfortable. After that, I sat on my bed, feeling the pain in my head lessened thanks to the painkillers. I decided to lie down for a while and have a nap since I’m not really doing anything today plus I’m just tired.

 

~~~

 

My eyelids slowly opened, regaining my former strength after that long nap. To my surprise, Yuchun was sitting on the edge of my bed with his head down.

 

I sat up, speaking in a surprised manner, “Ah, you’re back. How was the operation?”

 

“It was a success despite being a little drunk. It’s a good thing I’m good at drinking, but I did get a little scolded by our superiors.” Yuchun answered as he turned to face me with a smile, and then added with his face looking worried this time, “Are you all right? When did you get home?”

 

I replied, nodding as I tried smiling at him calmly, “I had a hangover earlier, but I think it’s gone now and I was lucky that Yunjae was around the area last night and took care of me back at our old apartment.”

 

“Oh, that’s good.” Yuchun nodded as he glanced away for a few seconds and then looked back again as he listened to me.

 

“Yuchun-ah, I didn’t give you a response last night, but I want you to know that I’m still figuring out myself and figuring out what I want.”

 

He grinned, “Don’t worry, I’m in no rush. I’m just happy that you’re my friend.”

 

“Same here.”

 

~~~

 

We cleaned our place the whole afternoon and when evening came, Yuchun ordered Chinese dumplings and pepperoni pizza to reward ourselves and pig out as you say. What a combination.

 

He was in the kitchen, taking care of the dumplings and I was at the table, placing our plates and other dining wares in their place. When I heard the doorbell, I started to make my way to the door, “Don’t worry, I’ll get it. It must be the pizza man.”

 

Opening the door when I got there, my eyes widened. There was no pizza man, but it was Yunjae standing on our front porch. It almost made me jumpy since I did just tell him stuff earlier today, but as we promised to each other, we’d set that aside and continue to be good friends.

 

“Yunjae-ah, why are you here? Is there something wrong?” I asked him with concerned eyes.

 

He pulled out something from his pocket and extended his hand to me, talking in his usual bland manner, looking away from me, “You left your cellphone at my place. It must have fallen out from your pocket while you were sleeping on the bed or something.”

 

I grabbed it and bowed my head slightly, “Thanks. I thought I’d lost it at the karaoke place or somewhere.”

 

“Well, I’m off.” Yunjae nodded, turning away from me.

 

“Wait.” said Yuchun as he was making his way behind me and then speaking again after getting Yunjae to face us again, “Yunjae-ssi, want to have dinner with us? It’s quite a lot for only two people, so you might as well join us.”

 

Yunjae responded in a polite way, smiling softly, “That’s really nice of you guys, but I don’t want to intrude.”

 

“It’s okay, Yunjae. Come eat with us.” I invited him in a cheerful manner.

 

“See? Junhee’s fine with it.” Yuchun added, resting his arm on my shoulder.

 

“I guess it’s no use refusing. Thanks so much.” Yunjae sighed, bowing his head as he made his way back once we gave way for him to come inside the apartment. Before Yuchun got in, the pizza man came and gave him the pizza we ordered and then went inside.

 

In the dining area, the food and table’s all set. I sat down with Yuchun beside me and Yunjae sat down across us.

 

Yuchun chuckled, picking up a dumpling from his chopsticks and then eating it after wishing us to eat well, “Eat well, guys.”

 

“Thanks for the meal.” Yunjae and I said in unison which caused us to laugh a bit as we began to eat our food.

 

As we were halfway from eating our meal, Yuchun started to speak again, directing it to Yunjae, “Yunjae-ssi, I met your girlfriend a few days ago. She’s quite a beauty plus she’s nice.”

 

“Ah, she’ll really be happy if she hears those compliments of yours.” Yunjae said with a small smile as he chewed on his slice of pizza.

 

“You’re a lucky guy, Yunjae-ssi.” Yuchun told him with a thumb’s up.

 

He just kept that small smile, nodding at Yuchun without eye contact as he ate his pizza.

 

Yuchun turned to me and told me in his usual teasing manner, winking at me which made Yunjae eye at us when he heard from what I notice, “Junhee-ah, you’re still on your first slice. Are you on a diet or do you want me to spoon feed you?”

 

“I ate about five dumplings already, that’s why I’m slow on my slice.” I explained casually, smiling at Yuchun before turning back to my food.

 

“Aigoo, compared to average guys, you have a small stomach.” Yuchun said in a joking manner, facing away from me and patting my head.

 

To be honest, I have this feeling that Yuchun was up to something with Yunjae. He’s usually touchy but not cocky. It’s a good thing we’re not drinking or else something else might happen in here.

 

“Yuchun-ah, I was wondering if a good-looking guy like you have someone else in mind.” Yunjae asked in a quite serious manner.

 

Yuchun smirked, “Of course I do, but I don’t think that person is ready to accept my heart yet. Though I’m quite sure that person’s just my type.”

 

Yunjae slightly nodded, glancing at the poker faced me and then at Yuchun again, “I hope that you’ll succeed.”

 

“I hope so too. That person makes the best sushi too.” Yuchun simply answered.

 

Is it just me or are they really on the same page about this person this and this person that? Aigoo these guys are driving me nuts. I suddenly stood up and said to the both of them with a fake smile before going to the bathroom, “I’ll excuse myself now. I’ll be back in a few minutes.”

 

====================================

 

( > o < ) Omo~

Sorry if it’s a bit short but I wanted to update as soon as possible and then stop from here to go on with Yunjae’s POV on the next chapter…

Please look forward to it~ <3