Another Drunken Friend's Experience

A Different Reply [Yunjae/Junhee fanfic]

( = ‘ v ‘ = ) A-yo~

 

I missed asianfanfics so much… TwT Well, I had a ton of school work but I’ve managed to take care of ‘em and hoping that I’ll update sooner after this since my teachers keep giving us stuff to do… Aigoo~!

 

Here’s the 11th chapter and Junhee’s POV.

 

Not much of a timeskip but from Junhee’s apartment to his old apartment.

 

Enjoy~!

 

 

==================================

 

 

11. Another Drunken Friend’s Experience

 

 

I sighed heavily after I have spoken to Yunjae through the phone. I held my phone near my chest, wondering, just simply wondering about how fate is doing. It seems like Yunjae’s trying to make it up to me by hanging out lately, and I felt that it’s wrong, knowing that Siwon trusts me despite knowing that fact I like Yunjae to this very day.

 

 

Disturbing my train of thought, my phone’s message alert rang and saw a text message:

 

 

“Junhee-ah, I can’t come home yet since the seminar started quite late. Did you eat yet? Be sure to sleep and not wait for me, okay?”

 

 

Ah, yes Yuchun’s having the seminar again since he is a famous surgeon in Asia after all in spite of his young age. Looking at the wall clock, I stood up and got ready to go to my old apartment.

 

 

~~~

 

 

Standing in front of the door, I knocked on it three times and not long did it open. Yunjae held his usual smile, nodding at me as he backed off to let me walk inside the apartment.

 

 

“You’re pretty early.” Yunjae said to me, closing the door while I stood in the middle of the living room, looking at him.

 

 

“I didn’t have much work today especially with the seminar at the hospital, so I went home early.” I replied calmly, watching him walk pass by me, going to the dining table which was right beside the living room.

 

 

He nodded and then spoke again, not looking at me as he prepared the bottles and the glasses on the table, “Is Yuchun still at the hospital then?”

 

 

“He is actually. He might come home at dawn because of it.” I told him as I sighed a bit, sitting down across to where he was at the dining table. I rested my chin onto the palm of my hand with my eyes elsewhere, still wondering about my best friend’s pity on my feelings in the past.

 

 

Yunjae snapped his fingers in front of me, catching my attention and making me look up at him in a dazed manner. “Ya, if you’re tired, you should’ve said so. Do you want to experience that hangover again, you bastard.” He sounded like a hyung by the way he scolded me.

 

 

I shook my head, uttering as I looked back at his scowling face at me while sitting down onto his seat, “No, I’m fine, really. I was just thinking about something.”

 

 

“Hm, what were you thinking about?” He asked as his frowning face disappeared and held a gentler one.

 

 

“Nothing, just something about work.” I simply said to him, watching him pour down my glass with vodka and then poured himself some.

 

 

Yunjae quickly responded after taking a sip of his glass, “Pray tell what that is to your best friend?”

 

 

I gave off a slight chuckle, shaking my head as I said to him after taking a sip of mine, “Well, I might as well. I saw Juyeon noona, your hyung’s doctor not long ago.”

 

 

“Yeah, what about her?”

 

 

“She seemed really down. She said that she really liked your hyung but she got rejected.”

 

 

Nodding lightly, he drinks again and poured himself another glass, “Aissh, that guy…” He grunted as he was guzzling his glass, staring at it, adding, “Hyung’s smart but when it comes to stuff like these, it’s like he’s gone brain dead or something.”

 

 

“Yunjae-ah, do you really mean that? I mean, he did like Siwon and she’s not bad, and you two are together.” I spoke in a concerned manner, leaning my back against the chair as I watch his eyes glance at me after hearing my words.

 

 

His eyes gave off this anxious feeling to me, I don’t know, but I was always good at reading people’s body language and such. “I know, but you know what I mean, how could he just do that to noona…” He casually said with a slight hint of annoyance.

 

 

I just half-smirked, hearing those words come from him. It was déjà vu that he was the one who I admitted my feelings to, but then again, it’s not anyone’s fault that my feelings weren’t strong enough to be recognized. As time passes by, these little things disappear from our memories anyways. To not let our conversation go astray, I asked him with a lighter tone of voice, looking at him as I drank my glass, “Ah, Yunjae, I was wondering why you invited me here to drink. Do you need some help with something?”

 

 

“Help?” He muttered after finishing off his glass and then pouring his third glass, looking a bit curious as I was.

 

 

“Yeah, I figured that you needed some help or advice that’s why you called me out for a drink.”

 

 

“Ah, I guess, sort of yes…”

 

 

“Well, what is it then?” I said, taking a few sips in between speaking.

 

 

Yunjae placed his glass on the table, staring at me as he looked at uneasy, speaking in a slow manner, “How would you know if – “

 

 

Unfortunately, Yunjae’s sentence got cut off as we heard my cellphone ring from inside my pocket. “Sorry, I’ll take this first. Be right back.” I told my open-mouthed friend, standing up and bowing my head at him as I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and then walking to the living room.

 

 

I answered my phone hastily, not knowing who it was, “Hello? Who is this?” I sat down on the couch beside the window, staring at the night sky.

 

 

“Junhee-ah, this is Siwon. Did you forget my number all of a sudden?” She answered as if she was pouting in reality.

 

 

“Oh, sorry, I kind of answered without looking at the screen.”

 

 

“It’s okay… I was calling because…”

 

 

She sounded a bit like she was crying or is about to cry, making me respond to her in a worried manner, “What is it? Are you all right?”

 

 

“I-I know that me and Yunjae went for a cool off and all, but I feel like I cheated on him, Junhee… I don’t know what to do or say right now…”

 

 

“Wait, tell me what happened first.” I tried to calm her down, but my voice was a bit shaky too.

 

 

“After oppa and I had lunch, he stayed with me in my apartment and before I knew it, we were kissing and I… liked the feeling… Junhee…”

 

 

She was sobbing and I didn’t want to interrupt her. She had to let it all out and as a friend, I have to comfort her. “Siwon-ah, like I said before, love takes time and eventually you’ll find out who or what you’ll need. Only you would know what that is.” I soothed her with a gentle voice, adding as I heard her sniffle from the phone, “It’s all right. It’s natural. It’s how it happens.”

 

 

“…Thank you… I’ll talk to you soon… and Yunjae too.”

 

 

“All right. Rest well and take your time. Good night.”

 

 

She hung up and I placed my phone back to my pocket. I felt Siwon’s sadness, confusion, and feeling of betrayal even if she didn’t actually betray him. I have to see her soon. Standing up from the couch, I turned to the right to go back to the dining room and saw a stern-faced Yunjae standing a few meters from where I was standing. Did he hear my conversation with Siwon just now?

 

 

“Were you talking with Siwon?” Yunjae asked, stepping a bit closer in front of me, exhaling a breath that smelled like alcohol. I guess he drank 4-5 glasses by now, seeing his reddish face.

 

 

I nodded, “I was.”

 

 

“What did she say?” He asked in a quite demanding manner.

 

 

“Yunjae, let’s talk about this tomorrow. I’m not sure if you’re – “

 

 

He suddenly grabbed my shoulders, staring straight into my eyes with his. “Please, tell me now, Junhee… Please. I heard you and I know that something’s up.” He pleaded with his voice cracking a bit as well as his eyes looking a bit moist.

 

 

I placed my hands onto shoulders, trying to gently push him away from me to avoid any violent action or whatever since my friend’s already looking a bit drunk. The vodka’s pretty strong and I only had two glasses and my head’s spinning a bit. “Yunjae-ah, calm down… I’ll tell you tomorrow, okay? I’ll tell you everything so calm down, all right?” I kindly said to him, placing my arm around his torso in case he’s going to pass out or what. But then again, he always had a stronger tolerance on alcohol than me, though looking at him now; he seems to be intoxicated from the strong liquor.

 

 

Yunjae seemed to have calmed down, with his expression turned a bit dazed and his arm around my shoulders. He just nodded, maybe he was okay that I’d explain it to him tomorrow. So I started to help him to his room upstairs. Arriving their after a few moments from guiding him, I gently helped him lay down onto his bed, supporting his head with my hand behind his head.

 

 

“Junhee.” He exhaled heavily, making me look into his weary eyes as my back was bent down from beside the bed, helping him get tucked in his bed.

 

 

“What?” I answered casually, noticing that my face was a few inches away from his from beneath.

 

 

He was staring into my eyes intently, and then used his remaining strength to lean upward, planting a soft kiss onto my lips. It was a shocking experience and it lasted about five seconds before he passed out on his bed, dropping down cold.

 

 

I slowly knelt down on the floor, placing my forefinger onto my lips, feeling shocked as well as overwhelmed, watching him sleep soundly in his bed. I couldn’t believe that he just stole my first kiss after so many years. Knowing that he was just intoxicated, I decided to hide this from him or else.

 

 

==========================

 

 

( = v = ) Umm… yeah~

 

Well, I wasn’t sure with this chapter but my creative juices won’t go out… OTL

 

Since I held a poll for a 1/2/3-shot, I might do that one first before the next chapter. I may do the L one first and then my Dubu(‘coz he’s second and I love him lol), and then Sungyeol and last is Taemin. But I’ll do that once one story is finished, so I’ll do L one first since it won my poll~ XP

 

Hope you guys wait for the next chapter… Love ya~ :3