Realization On Friendship

A Different Reply [Yunjae/Junhee fanfic]

( > u < ; )

Hey, sorry for the wait. Aside from real life stuff, I made a short fic on EXO’s Kris and it’s one of the few reasons why I’m pretty delayed on stuff again. So this will only be a SHORT and rushed update, revolving around Yunjae since I’m still trying to figure out how the party will be plus school is just bullcrap right now. OTL

Anyways, Yunjae’s POV and Yunjae prepares sleep after the dinner with Junhee and Yuchun.

Hope you like it guys~!

 

================== 

 

18. Realization On Friendship

 

It felt really nice lying around at home after a long day. My arms widespread as well as my legs as I lay in my bed quite lazily and my eyes shut as I my tummy was happy from the dinner I had while ago. I’m guessing that this was the feeling of satisfaction, not to mention the feeling of a free man.

 

Joking aside, my mind was still awake, no, actually it was something more. I suddenly remembered my high school days, from the times I used to get jealous with Junhee for being too close with Siwon. And then I realized that at that time she and him got close to each other, I began interacting with him, becoming really good friends with him soon after. It’s thanks to SIwon that we got to know each other because I never would’ve become friends with him if it weren’t for her, I mean he and I used to be classmates but I never actually talked to the guy. Was surprised that he ranks 2nd in my class and pretty talented too. People often mistook him for a wallflower, which is a big, fat lie.

 

Disrupting my thoughts, my cellphone began to ring and immediately reached out and grabbed it from the top of my bedside table. I answered it without looking at the phone screen, “Yoboseyo?”

 

“Yunjae-ah, were you sleeping? Did I wake you up?” Says the voice from the other side of the phone.

 

“SIwon-ah, it’s you. Don’t worry, what’s up?” I responded.

 

“Okay, it’s about the night after tomorrow. You didn’t forget, right? The guys are gonna come over at your place, no turning away from your word.”

 

To be honest, I did forget. I guess I don’t have much of a choice and this is Siwon speaking to me, “Me, forget? You have my word.”

 

“Great, is 7pm all right?”

 

“It’s fine.”

 

“You did remember to tell Junhee about this, right?”

 

“Ah, I forgot to tell him…”

 

Siwon swore at me harshly, “Ya, you bastard. You’re his good friend and you forgot?”

 

I sighed at her, trying to calm her, “Mianhe, I was preoccupied and don’t shout from there, it hurts my ears, y’know…”

 

She stated with a calmer tone, “I’m just saying that you shouldn’t forget things like these.”

 

“I know, but aren’t you overreacting a bit? I mean, I can tell him tomorrow.”

 

“But if you tell him late, he might not get to come because of his hospital duties.”

 

“Never thought of it that way. I can’t call him now because he’s probably sleeping or taking care of Yuchun since he’s sick.”

 

Siwon raised her voice again a bit after my sentence, “What, he’s taking care of Yuchun? Really?”

 

I replied with a curious tone of voice, sitting up, “Yeah, what’s so surprising about that?”

 

“Nothing, I mean, what if Yuchun’s taking advantage of him? I hear that he’s into whoever makes his heart beat like crazy and Junhee’s fits his standard.”

 

“Don’t worry, I already know he likes Junhee but Junhee’s not into him, so why worry?”

 

“Tsk, pabo… just pabo…” She groaned.

 

I asked her wondering why she said that to me, “Ya, why am I pabo?”

 

“Never mind… I’ll be the one to tell Junhee about our mini reunion. Goodnight!”

 

Before I could say anything else to her, she hung up. I lied down again with the phone in my hand, thinking of what she meant. I’m not really a dense person, I knew what she meant and I know perfectly how Junhee felt about me before. No, I’m not assuming that he still likes me. I’m just saying that there is a possibility. I don’t have a problem with it, I’m definitely sure but unlike before, my heart beat seems to go faster and the thought of him makes me want to see him at that moment. The feeling’s somewhat familiar to what I’ve gone through with Siwon before, but this has a quite different feel.

 

Then it hit me. As I close my eyes, this understanding came over my mind. I never had a problem having physical contact with Junhee before from hugging each other to sleeping beside each other at that one time, but when I touched his cheek earlier tonight, I felt him. He stiffened from my touch and his cheek was warm. I immediately removed my hand right after having this unusual feeling in me. And when I slipped and accidentally hugging him from behind, I did feel this tingle as well as slight embarrassment of course.

 

I really don’t know how to explain it, but I’m quite aware now that I’m capable of falling for him. I’m not scared or anything about the people who will judge us sooner or later if ever we did have this relationship, but I do feel that I’m unworthy to be with someone as sweet as he. I’ve ignored his signals, I’ve laughed it off, thinking that it was some joke when to him it was real, and I was a fool for talking to him about my feelings for someone else. He was always there to help and comfort me. All I did then only gave him heartache.

 

Having this revelation in me, I couldn’t fall asleep. I sat up again with a dazed and troubled look upon my face and rubbed the back of my neck as I asked myself questions. Should I tell him? Should I tell my friends? Should I keep it to myself? Is this feeling even real? Is this just a phase?

 

No. I have to try. There’s no harm in trying, but there is in failure. But through Junhee, I’d be able to figure this out and understand how I truly feel about him, about us. I know that as he is this nice guy who forgave this bastard for not acknowledging his feelings, so I’ll make it up to him if ever a miracle happens.

 

‘Til that evening where we’ll all see one another, I’ll try to sleep after the hurricane of revelations I just had.

 

==================

 

( T w T )

Done… Sorry , but as I’ve said, I just made this with haste and I finished making this at 2:30 in the morning… OTL

Gotta sleep now, I have some crap at school to finish in 5hrs, so I hope I made you happy somehow~ <333