Acceptance Among Friends

A Different Reply [Yunjae/Junhee fanfic]

(  >  w  < ; )

It’s been a while again and thank goodness I squeezed in an update before I final exams and the end of my term. It’s been quite hectic that’s why I haven’t been active here in aff lately. T__T I really missed writing and hopefully I do a good job now.

And so sorry that my Kris fic is delayed. L

All right, Junhee’s POV~

Enjoy~!

 

=========================

 

21. Acceptance Among Friends

 

“I’m in love with my best friend, Kang Junhee.”

 

These words still echoed in my head after hearing him admit it to our friends. I remained silent as I listened to him, speaking more to our friends as I held my head down, gazing down at my feet. “Yunjae.” I said in my mind, tightly holding onto my arms as they were over my mid-torso.

 

“I do and I don’t regret this one bit.” Yunjae continued with an assuring tone of voice. “I know that I’ve probably shocked some of you and I don’t expect you guys to accept me or the both of us right away, but you’re my friends and I know that I’ve did the right thing.” He continued, making me feel like crying again.

 

I raised my head, seeing the reactions of our friends in front of us. Taewoong hyung quietly smiled at us, Siwon and Yoojung sat beside each other with encouraging smiles, while Hakchan’s mouth slightly hanged open while looking a bit dazed and Sungjae, being drunk and having red cheeks, had this quite serious look on.

 

I stepped up beside Yunjae, trying to speak without fear in front and breaking the silence, “Everyone, as sudden as this is, I hope that this won’t stain our friendships with each other. It was difficult for us to admit, but love happens to everyone.” I firmly placed my arms to my sides, adding in a softer tone of voice, “Yoon Yunjae was and still my first love.”

 

The atmosphere felt even quieter after I admitted my part to the gang. We spent almost a long time just staring at each others’ eyes, especially with Sungjae and Hakchan who seemed to be the ones who are in this state of shock and trying to absorb what had just happened. Yunjae and I exchanged hopeful glances at each other, trying to give each other strength in facing this situation.

 

Breaking the silence the second time was Siwon. All eyes were on her when she stood up, saying with this outspoken yet sweet tone of hers, “I was actually the first one who knew about Junhee and felt guilty during the time when I and Yunjae were together. After a while, a realization came to me too. I realized that the one who I really loved was right under my nose and thank goodness I figured out my feelings, right?”

 

Siwon let out this small, innocent laugh at the end of her sentence, sending the message that thank God she broke up with Yunjae or else we wouldn’t be together. I guess I believe that this was also part of fate’s design for us.

 

“Kidding aside, I believe that this is how it really should be.” Siwon added with a nod, sitting beside Yoojung once again.

 

This time, Taewoong hyung stood up and spoke in a gentle manner, “I agree with Siwon. Different kinds of love happen to different people but one thing’s clear, that you’ll know it when you feel it and it doesn’t matter who it is for, just as long as it’s genuine.”

 

Yunjae had this really special smile directed at his brother, silently thanking him for accepting him wholeheartedly with his smile and I couldn’t help but flash mine as well.

 

Sitting down, Yoojung quickly stood up but sat back down again after speaking up in a cheerful manner and her statement seemed to be for Hakchan and Sungjae, “No matter what happens, you two will always be our friends, right?”

 

The two of us anticipated, noticing that Hakchan had slowly stood up. “I never expected this to happen, especially with you two. I don’t know.  I just felt that you two are the kind of guys who would be aces in dating women.” Pausing for a moment, he looked at the both of us, continuing as he approached us and placed his hands on our shoulders, “I’m glad that you guys are honest with us. I don’t have anything else to say but thank you.”

 

After that being said, Hakchan group hugged us both. Yunjae chuckled, patting his back and then pulling away after the hug, “Hakchan-ah.”

 

“Ya, aren’t you gonna hear me out before you can celebrate?” Sungjae called our attention with a straight face, seeing that he already stood up.

 

“Of course we will.” I told him nodding as Hakchan went over and stood behind him.

 

Sungjae took a deep breath, exhaling and glancing at us at the same time, “Look, we have been friends forever and yes, I am surprised… but what kind of friend would I be if I hated you because of love?”

 

“So, you all right with us?” Yunjae asked.

 

“Aissh, I’ll answer no because now, I’m the only one not in a relationship in our group… .” Sungjae groaned, rubbing the back of his head.

 

We all gave slight giggles after hearing him out. “Come here, you punk.” Yunjae said to him, giving our bummed out friend a bear hug.

 

I just laughed, patting his back while telling him, “Don’t worry, Sungjae. Patience and prayer is key in finding your person.”

 

“Can’t I just squeeze in with you guys?” Sungjae joked, being drunk and depressed as he and Yunjae were still hugging.

 

“JInjja, Sungjae, you dead drunk.” Hakchan sighed, grabbing his shoulders and pulling him away from Yunjae while chuckling a bit.

 

“What, I wasn’t finished hugging him!” Sungjae complained like a child, forced by Hakchan to sit with him on the couch.

 

Siwon said smiling, “So, aren’t we gonna drink some more to celebrate?”

 

Taewoong hyung looked at his girl and said, “Of course, but as for you, don’t drink too much, okay?”

 

“Psh you’re just weaklings compared to me.” She scoffed.

 

Yunjae interrupted, “Ya, hyung, she’s not kidding though she did get drunk before and ended up sleeping at her workplace.”

 

Siwon shouted at Yunjae, standing up and being prevented by Yoojung from charging at Yunjae by hugging her around her tummy, “Yoon Yunjae, who gave you the permission to spill that out?”

 

“Hyung has the right to know since he’s in a relationship with you so stop complaining.” Yunjae replied, sticking his tongue out.

 

“Wait ‘til I kick your head off your body!” Siwon grunted with annoyance, trying her best to move forward as Yoojung made sure she wouldn’t escape.

 

“Siwon-ah! You’re not kids anymore!” Yoojung squeaked.

 

Some hours passed and the gathering event finally ended at about 4am in the morning where it began at 7pm. Well, we did celebrate about something special. All of the guys went home, Siwon and hyung advised us that I should return here to live with Yunjae again. It was an idea that we could both agree on. And then, Yunjae and I were in the living room cleaning up the empty bottles, boxes, and such.

 

“It’s 4am but I still feel like it’s 9am in the morning.” I uttered to myself loudly, sweeping the floor and smiling at Yunjae as he just came back from the kitchen from washing the plates and throwing out the empty bottles and boxes.

 

“I get ya.” He grinned and sat on the couch across to where I was sweeping.

 

I finished sweeping the dirt into the dust pan and threw it into the trash can in the living room. I placed the broom and dust pan on the corner and sat beside him. “My shift won’t be ‘til 6pm.” I sighed.

 

He gazed at me and purred, “Stay here until then.”

 

I looked back at him, meeting his calm eyes, “I could, but my old room here is stll – “

 

“Sleep with me in my room.”

 

“What?” My eyes windened a bit.

 

“Ya, didn’t we already sleep together in one bed back then?” Yunjae said with a cheeky grin.

 

I responded, “Well, yeah but it’s kind of different now.”

 

“It’s not that different considering that you already liked me back then. Don’t worry, I’m sure nothing will happen, for now.” Yunjae kept his grin, leaning back against the couch while his eyes were still locked on with mine.

 

“Aissh, Yunjae… All right, I accept.” I sighed in defeat, looking downward.

 

He placed his arm over my shoulder, speaking to my ear softly, “Just wear my clothes for tonight, I’m sure they’ll fit you.”

 

Leaning away from my ear, I told him, “You never did stop doing that to me.”

 

“You want me to?”

 

“No.”

 

It was a long night, not because anything happened or anything, but because it’s been quite sometime since we talked openly and slept together in one apartment, let alone in one bed. Arriving in his room, wearing his loose white shirt and gray boxers, I sat on the edge of his bed.

 

“Why aren’t you asleep yet? It’s almost 5am.” I asked him with concern, looking at him, lying down on his back with a white shirt and red jogging pants on.

 

“I can’t sleep.” He muttered, lazily gazing at me.

 

I went in and lied down beside him, turning my back away from him and looking at him as well as he was looking at me with his back away from me. “Will you be able to sleep now?” I said to him.

 

He took my hand and intertwined it with his, replying calmly as he leaned closer with our foreheads touching, “Junhee, don’t you even wonder how fast we got together?”

 

“I do. What’s on your mind?”

 

“Nothing really. I thought that this is how it should be.”

 

I nodded, softly speaking to him in the same manner, “Mhm, so can we sleep now?”

 

“Sure, come here.” Yunjae pulled me close to his chest and after pulling the covers over us, wrapped his arms around my torso. I wrapped mine around him, feeling fuzzy and warm as my head rested onto his chest, feeling his heart beating. I could feel my cheeks blushing and I felt really stupid for saying that in my head.

 

“Goodnight.” I said to him.

 

“Goodnight.” He responded with a groggy voice.

 

I closed my eyes and it wasn’t long ‘til my mind was about to drift asleep when I felt something warm againt my forehead. Slightly opening my eyes, I saw him back off after planting a kiss on my forehead. It was such a nice feeling, so I closed my eyes again, tightening my hug as I fell asleep in his arms.

 

=================

 

=w=…..

Hope you liked my rush update since I can’t wait to finish this and do my separate short for this couple… XD

I’m not sure if I’ll end this fic in the next chapter, but do please wait and I hope you liked this and I hope you keep supporting my fic… Thanks so much~ :”>

PS: Finished writing at 3:10am~ OTL Expect more erros on spelling and grammar lol