A Friend's Confession

A Different Reply [Yunjae/Junhee fanfic]

( T w T ) Annyeong~!

 

Classes have already begun on my part and as I’ve said, I won’t be as fast in updating, but I’ll try my best. I would be finishing this one before I start with other works for the benefit of other readers… *^^* <3

 

Junhee’s POV btw~ :3

 

As for the chapter, I may do one after a few chapters~ >///< It will be my first … *ahem* Wait for it, neee~~

 

 

===============================

 

 

5. A Friend’s Confession

 

 

The sunlight passes through the blinds of the window hits my eyes as I tried to open them. I rolled over to the other side lazily, closing my eyes again, with my head and body feeling heavy. I guess I drank a lot last night. Slowly I sat up with my eyelids still shut, trying to recall the things that happened last night.

 

 

+++

 

 

“Daebak! You actually got 100 on the karaoke machine.” I sighed with surprised eyes to my friend, clapping my hands as well.

 

 

Yuchun smirked, sitting down beside me and placing the mic on the table then grabbing his shot glass filled with alcohol, “I always get high scores on the karaoke machine when it involves songs by DBSK, H.O.T. and SHINHWA.”

 

 

I drank mine and then said to him, grinning widely as I watched him guzzle his, “Maybe if you got the chance to debut as an idol, you’d have a lot of fans.”

 

 

“Maybe, but you have an amazing talent in dancing. Did you really want to work at the hospital?”

 

 

“I’m still figuring it out.”

 

 

“Well, we’re still young and I know we’ll eventually discover what we really want with our lives.”

 

 

I simply nodded, emptying my shot glass for the 4th time. I began to wonder what I want in my life. I was fine just being me, hanging out with friends and working at the hospital, but I thought about what I really hope for. I dunno yet, but I was hoping to find it out soon.

 

 

“You remember what I said a few days ago, right?” Yuchun told me, half-smiling after facing me.

 

 

I shrugged, staring at him clueless, “You said a lot of things, so not really.”

 

 

He slowly looked away, placing his shot glass on the table and then spoke solemnly, “You know, what I said about being in love. If you are in love, no matter what you are, go for it.”

 

 

I said as I was pouring another into my shot glass, not looking at him, “Yeah, what about it?”

 

 

Yuchun took a deep breath and leaned his back against the couch, speaking softly with his hands resting on his lap, “I think I really like you, Junhee. It won’t be long ‘til I fall in love with you, I can feel it.”

 

 

The shot glass I was pouring alcohol into overflowed after hearing his confession. I carefully placed the bottle back and held a dumbfounded look on my face, slowly facing him. I met his gaze after a few moments, holding his usual carefree smile at me.

 

 

“Ya, you look like you’ve seen a ghost.” Chuckling as he waved his hand repeatedly in front of my face.

 

 

I blinked a few times, speaking in a confused manner, “Ah, sorry. But… why?”

 

 

Yuchun slightly frowned at my question like I asked something stupid, “You really can’t ask someone why they like the person. Sure you could mention stuff like because he’s a nice guy or he’s good looking.” He smiled again, placing his hand onto my shoulder, patting it lightly, “But you should like the person because he’s himself, not pretending like someone else, just like you.”

 

 

Before I could react to his heartfelt words, his phone started to ring, making him slowly back away from me.

 

 

Looking at his phone to who was calling, he sighed heavily as he started to make his way out of the karaoke room, “I’m really sorry, Junhee, but I think the hospital needs my help right now. Maybe an emergency surgery, I’m really sorry.”

 

 

“It’s okay, go ahead.” I insisted, nodding at him with a simple smile.

 

 

“All right, take care. I’m going to pay on my way out so don’t you worry, okay?” He said cheerfully before closing the door behind him.

 

 

After he left, I was still frazzled about his sudden confession. I kept pouring myself alcohol as I was not actually in my right mind, exceeding 10 shots, I don’t know, I lost count.

 

 

+++

 

 

“Junhee-ah, are you awake?” Said the familiar voice nearby, causing me to open my heavy eyelids.

 

 

“Yunjae-ah… What are you doing here?” I lazily responded, feeling groggy as I tried to look up at him as he stood beside the bed.

 

 

He looked at me curiously, responding while placing his hand onto my head, answering me, “How much did you drink last night? It’s so not like you, Junhee. Oh and you’re at my place right now.”

 

 

Slipping his hand off my head slowly, my thoughts started to clear up a bit. I got drunk and Yunjae found me. That’s all I could recollect. I groaned, facepalming myself after thinking that I might have done something stupid in front of him.

 

 

Yunjae sat beside me, speaking as if he was scolding me like a child, “When did you start drinking a lot? You should’ve called me or someone to take you home. Something might’ve happened to you if I wasn’t there you know.”

 

 

“I’m sorry if I was burden to you. I will be careful next time.” I apologized, hugging my knees and resting my chin on them while I wasn’t looking at Yunjae.

 

 

“Aissh, sorry if I talk a lot. Does your head hurt? Do you want to throw up?” Yunjae said with concern, placing his arm over my shoulder, looking at me.

 

 

I shook my head, slowly meeting my friend’s gaze, “Not really, but my head does hurt.”

 

 

He stood removed his arm from my shoulder and turned to the bedside table, getting something from the dresser. Turning back, he handed me a painkiller. “I’ll be back with water.” He said before going out of the room. It wasn’t long ‘til he was back, handing me the glass of water.

 

 

“Drink, it’ll help.” Yunjae said as he leaned against the wall, looking at me.

 

 

I nodded at him, giving him a smile before I took the painkiller in and drank the water, “Thanks.”

 

 

Yunjae spoke again, “Want to have breakfast? I made scrambled egg and orange juice if you’re interested.
 

 

 

“You’ve already done a lot, Yunjae. I’ll be fine. I’ll go back to the apartment.” I replied smiling at him after I stood up from the bed and tidied it up.

 

 

“Junhee.”

 

 

“Hm?”

 

 

“Can I ask something about Yuchun?”

 

 

“Well, what about him?”

 

 

Yunjae rubbed the back of his neck, responding with a soft tone of voice, “Do you by any chance like him?”

 

 

His question made me look frantic, with my eyes widen as his question and my hands frozen at my sides. I wasn’t worried about the telling him that I don’t like Yuchun as something more than friends. What I was worried about was him knowing something about me liking him more than a friend.

 

 

What should I do?

 

 

============================

 

 

>u< Ayyy~

 

I wanted to continue this as Yunjae so I made it short… Please wait for the next chapter~ <3