A New Friend

A Different Reply [Yunjae/Junhee fanfic]

Annyeong, chingudul~ ( - ^ 3 ^ - )

Finally feeling this inspiration inside my head & wrote it down to the 2nd chapter of this fanfic. I also decided that the one on the door will be played by Dongwoo, the dino of Infinite. Well, let’s find out what kind of character will he portray in the story. :3

*YADONG action~ XD Not that kind of yadong of course lol

Anyways, I know I made some mistakes in my past chapter & stories. I promise to improve for you guys. I also changed some of my style in posting~  <3

Note: This chapter is Yunjae’s POV~

 

=======================================

 

2.  A New Friend

 

Before I could ask my friend about his secret admiration for me, the doorbell rang. Some other time then…

 

“Were you expecting someone?” I asked, turning to his direction and meeting his gaze after a few moments.

 

Junhee shook his head and looked away as he stood up. “Not that I know of… I’ll go check.”

 

I simply gave him a nod and watched him walk his way to the door. I wonder who that could be. Anyways, I checked my phone and there I saw a text from my hyung:

 

“Hey, dongsaeng~ ^___^ Do you want to have a dinner with me at this new Japanese restaurant nearby? I’ll treat ya since I lost. Kekekeke~”

 

Aigoo, my hyung always sends texts like a high schooler sometimes, but who could say no, right? So as I was typing in my reply, I heard an unknown voice from where Junhee was. To my curiosity, I stood up and walked to where Junhee was where I saw him inviting this young stranger inside his apartment. I stopped by the table and observed them as I placed my phone back to my pocket.

 

The cheerful-looking guy looked at me and gave a bow after stopping in front of me, “Good evening.”

 

“Good evening.” I quickly replied, slightly bowing my head.

 

Junhee stood beside the stranger and stated with a smile, gazing at me and then his friend, “Yunjae, I’m sorry if I forgot to tell you earlier that I have a roommate. This is Yuchun, my roommate and colleague. Yuchun-ssi, Yunjae’s is one of my best friends. We go way back.”

 

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Yunjae-ssi. Hope that we could be friends.” Yuchun politely said to me, extending his hand for a handshake.

 

I took it and shook it lightly. “Ditto.” I responded to the guy. Examining him closer, Yuchun seemed to be nice but I don’t know how to describe this other feeling in me. I felt a bit strange around the guy or maybe we just met.

 

“Yuchun-ah, have you eaten dinner? I made some sushi and ramyeon, and Yunjae here brought cake.” Junhee said to him as he pointed the dining table behind us.

 

Yuchun happily answered, pulling a chair for himself and sitting down, “Ah, no I haven’t. I’ll help myself, so you guys just hang out or whatever.”

 

I glanced at Junhee, nodding at his roommate and then began eating. From my analysis, these two are pretty good friends.

 

Junhee turned to me and said with a slight giggle, “You know what, Yuchun and you are quite similar when it comes to eating. He has a big appetite too.”

 

“I can see that.” I sighed out, quickly glancing at the guy as he ate his dinner and then turning back to Junhee who was still looking at Yuchun.

 

I started to wonder if his feelings of unrequited love for me faded away. Not that I’m troubled or anything, I was just curious. I mean, what if he fell for this guy and he’s a homophobe or something? Aissh, I’m jumping into conclusions again. I just don’t want him to get hurt or whatever. He is my best friend.

 

“Ya, Yunjae… Are you all right?” Junhee waved his hand in front of me.

 

I said blandly, “Yeah, why?”

 

“Well, you looked a bit dazed for a moment. Maybe you were worried about Siwon overworking herself?”

 

“I guess I am.”

 

Junhee looked at his watch and said with a small sigh, and then looking at me with his usual grin, “Omo, it’s already that late? Hey, you have work tomorrow right?”

 

I looked at my watch and then turned to him again with a small smile, “Wow, it is. Well, thanks for dinner.”

 

“I’ll help you out.” Junhee responded with a small nod, leading me to the door.

 

As I followed him across the dining area, his roommate glanced at me and said with a small wave, “See you again, Yunjae-ssi. Take care.”

 

I nodded at him to let him know that I acknowledged him, and then went out of the apartment after Junhee.

 

**************************************************

 

I got home to my apartment after a while. I did the usual stuff I do after going home such as showering and changing into my sleepwear. I hopped onto my bed and grabbed my cellphone from the bed-side table. There was a text from Siwon:

 

“Ya, Taewoong oppa texted me and said that we should get dinner tomorrow at that new Japanese restaurant. >:( He said you didn’t reply, you bastard~!!”

 

I face-palmed myself, remembering that I forgot to press send when I was going to reply to my hyung about his treat tomorrow. Aigoo, I had some stuff in my mind and surroundings that I forgot. I replied to Siwon:

 

“Sorry, I forgot to press send. Can you tell him that I could go tomorrow? Also, do you know Junhee’s new roommate?”

 

She replied after a few moments:

 

“ Sure… I think he mentioned about that when we had lunch a few days ago at the hospital he’s working in. I haven’t met him personally but his name’s Yuchun and he seems to be a nice guy from Junhee’s perspective. ^____^ kekekeke~~ Why, you jealous that your best friend found another bestie?”

 

I slightly scoffed to myself, “This girl… Really now.”

I typed in my reply and pressed send:

 

“Pabo~ I met him a while ago and he seemed nice. He’s also a nurse I think at the hospital Junhee’s working at. You shouldn’t text me much. You have a deadline, right? Get to it and jjaljayo~”

 

I leaned my head back onto the pillow and checked out my girl’s reply:

 

“Maybe I’ll meet him soon when I visit Junhee at the hospital or at his apartment next time… ( TT O TT ) FINE~! Goodnight to you… *not gonna go to sleep ‘til I finish this*”

 

Smiling to myself at her reply, I placed my phone back to the table and closed my eyes slowly. The thoughts about his new friend lingered inside my head. I don’t know. I don’t think I’m a jealous bestie as what Siwon said earlier. Whatever, I’ll go to sleep now.

 

==================================

 

( ^ w ^ ; ) A-yo~

 

Sorry for cutting this chapter short. I admit that I’m not good at Yunjae’s POV. I’ll do better next time and hope you like this and don’t be afraid to give mew feedbacks~ <3