Taking Care Of A Friend

A Different Reply [Yunjae/Junhee fanfic]

( = ^ v ^ = ) Hey~

Midterms are over but as usual, my school piles me up with crap (reports, projects, etc) and our intramurals which I think is unnecessary in college life aka USELESS. XD Negative stuff aside, happy that July and August are raining with a ton of comebacks from the groups I like~ <3 Waiting for the 7th of September since it’ll be my first concert since when U-Kiss’ album promotion tour back in 2010, “The Kpop Republic” with SHINee, Dal Shabet, & EXO-K + special guests…. OMO CANNOT WAIT.

Okay, on with the fanfic… Junhee’s POV & fast forwarded to the weekend where both of them are free & stuff… or so you think. Made it a bit long too~

Enjoy~~

 

====================

 

15. Taking Care Of A Friend

 

I couldn’t really relax as I entered the bathroom to find Yuchun passed out on the floor. I knew it. He keeps overworking and comes home late and has barely four hours of sleep. It was a relief that he fell on the carpet on his front.

 

I pulled him up and carried him to his room upstairs. I gently laid him on his back on his bed. I quickly ran downstairs and grabbed a bowl and poured some cold water in and grabbed a face towel. I head upstairs again hastily and entered his room, where I found him slowly opening his eyes.

 

“How do you feel?” I asked, walking up to him and placing the bowl on the bedside table, looking down at him as I sat down on the edge of the bed.

 

“I passed out.” He sighed, closing his eyes again.

 

I told him in a slight scolding manner, “Yeah, you’re working too hard again.”

 

“Helping around the hospital is my job after all.”

 

“But you’re forgetting your own health.”

 

Yuchun’s lips formed a soft smile, opening his eyes and were looking at me, “It’s just something we people at the hospital forget… I remember the first few days when I met you and you were dizzy while we were at the lounge room.” He said with a light chuckle.

 

I half-smiled at him and turned away as I dipped and crumpled the face towel into the cold water in the bowl, telling him, “Ah, you had to remind me. I had large bags in my eyes back then, but now I got used to it.”

 

“You did. Anyways, guess I’ll stay in and sleep all day, so you don’t have to worry.” He said to me, closing his eyes again when I turned around to face him.

 

I carefully placed the folded face towel on to his forehead, speaking in a soft manner, “All right, but call if you need anything and I’ll try to get home early.”

 

He nodded, looking as if he was already drifting to sleep after, “Mmhmm, thanks and goodnight…”

 

I held a smile, shaking my head a bit as I stood up while looking down at him, “Sleep tight.” I uttered, leaving him after.

 

~~~

 

“That guy, I told him not to stress out and this happens.” Juyeon groaned as we ate lunch together in the hospital’s cafeteria.

 

“Yeah, told him as well and he still doesn’t take my advices seriously.” I added with a slight sigh, drinking my glass of water after.

 

Juyeon noona spoke again with the same tone of concern with a slight hint of annoyance, “Anyways, they said your can leave the hospital early today. Someone really needs to give Yuchun a talk and of course someone to take care of him.”

 

“Ah, that’s good. Don’t worry, I’ll try my best to make him listen to us.” I uttered, nodding at her with a reassuring smile.

 

She held a grin this time, nodding as well as we continued to eat.

 

~~

 

“I’m home.” I spoke, loud enough to reach the second floor as I entered the apartment. As I walk pass the living room, I halt from my pace with surprised eyes when I saw Yuchun sitting with Yunjae in the living room. “Oh, hello.” I simply greeted, placing my bags by the table and then sitting on the unoccupied couch near to where Yunjae was sitting on.

 

“I just came out the bathroom after a quick shower and Yunjae was at the door. I think he wants to talk you.” Yuchun said with soft-tone of voice, unusual from his usual cheery tone.

 

I eyed at Yunjae, raising my eyebrow at him a bit as I said, “You do?”

 

He nodded, muttering, “Yup.” Yunjae glanced at Yuchun and said bowing his head a bit, “Sorry if I disturbed you from resting.”

 

“It’s nothing really. At least I got some company for at least for a short while.” Yuchun sighed, half-smiling at Yunjae.

 

“Yuchun-ah, have you eaten dinner yet?” I asked with concern found in the way I spoke.

 

He shook his head, “Nope, but I had a tall glass of milk.”

 

“How about you?” I glanced at Yunjae as I spoke.

 

“Ditto.” He sighed.

 

“All right, you two stay here. I’m gonna make some ramyeon since I haven’t gone to the supermarket in a while.” I told them, standing up quickly and then dashing off to the kitchen. It wasn’t long ‘til I finished cooking. I placed bowls and other wares in the dinner table and went back to the living room, noticing that they haven’t moved an inch from their position from a while ago. “It’s ready. You two look like statues by the way.” I simply told them, turning away and then sitting down in front of the table.

 

I heard Yunjae speak as he stood up with Yuchun from the couch, “I told him to not talk so much since he’s sick.”

 

“I’m not that sick… Ah, smells good.” Yuchun exclaimed with glee, following me and then sitting beside me while Yunjae sat down across me.

 

Yunjae gave a light grin and then said as his eyes were looking at the table and then at me, “It’s been a while since I had this.”

 

I smiled, telling him, “Missed my cooking?”

 

He grinned a bit wider and then began to put some into his bowl. His grin somehow held this feeling of happiness which I haven’t seen in quite a long time. It really makes me happy and curious at the same time. I wonder if something nice happened. I mean, Siwon, hyung, and him are dealing with something quite sensitive right now.

 

“So, Yunjae… how’s Siwon? Haven’t seen her around lately and she usually visits Junhee at the hospital.” Yuchun asked as he was pouring some ramyeon into his bowl.

 

“She has been busy like always, but she never forgets to rest and eat well.”

 

“Hmm I see, then you two aren’t going out together lately? No late-night makeout sessions or even drinking out at her place?”

 

“Actually, we broke up a few days ago.”

 

I quickly looked up at him with wide eyes upon hearing him say that in calm manner. Even Yuchun almost choked from hearing that statement of his. I haven’t heard any news from Siwon lately and this is quite surprising. Did she chose to be with hyung or was Yunjae the one who broke up with her? I don’t know, my mind’s just boggled. There has to be a good reason. All the while I thought that they were a match-made-in-heaven-couple since they’ve been together ever since, as close as a brother to a sister… and I guess their relationship was like how brothers treat their sisters.

 

I looked at him in the eye, asking him as I was still in a state of surprise, “Yunjae, what happened?”

 

========================

 

( q w q )

Okay, wait for the next one… hope I can write soon. I have like three reports due next week, a speech and a modue due tomorrow… LIFE IS JUST GREAT, right? XD Anyways, hope you guise like this rushed update… I’ll try to make things interesting soon~~

AND as for the chapter, I won’t do it here but I’ll have it in separate, like a one or 2-shot deal. I would be doing this after I finish this fanfic. ^^