No One Is Friendless

A Different Reply [Yunjae/Junhee fanfic]

uwu Annyeonghaseyo~

Finally I get to write despite my sched… Sorry for making you guys wait for so long, I really am~ <3

As usual, here’s Junhee’s POV, the vents will take place on the next day & stuff.

Enjoy reading~ ^u^

 

=========================== 

 

13. No One Is Friendless

 

I was in the hospital, sitting inside the room where I usually stay with my co-workers when we feel like resting. It seems that I’m only with two female nurses who were busy chatting with each other, technically leaving me all by myself. I leaned against my office chair as I took small sips of coffee from the cup in my hand.

 

My mind wandered from yesterday’s events, remembering how Yunjae seemed to be unsure if anything did happen. Of course, it was natural that I’d lie to him to avoid any awkwardness or something more. But I also remembered from my past readings about alcoholism that you can still recall or remember events that happened even when you’re drunk during that time. The possibility of Yunjae remembering this is quite high, knowing that he has a sharp memory. I’m not feeling nervous or anything, and besides, I wasn’t the one who initiated it, right?

 

“Junhee, earth to Junhee.”

 

I snapped out from my trance-like state and looked up. Yuchun looked down at me with curiosity written all over his face. “What were you thinking about so seriously that you didn’t hear me calling your name for like five times?” He asked, grabbing a seat and sitting down in front of me.

 

“Nothing, I’m just feeling a bit tired that’s all.” I sighed, shaking my head a bit, staring at my feet. I glanced up at him and said, “You’re usually busy, what brings you here?”

 

“I’m feeling tired too. It’s a good thing there aren’t many major surgeries to perform today and thank God there are new people to deliver babies and stuff.” Yuchun responded, stretching his arms and then placing his hands behind his head lazily, crossing his legs as well.

 

Nodding at him as I leaned against my chair quite lazily, closing my eyes. I heard foot steps and the door closing, thinking that it would either be Yuchun leaving, or the two women. But I instantly knew it was the two nurses as soon as I felt someone’s hand on top of mine as it was placed on my lap with my other one.

 

“Since we’re alone for about ten minutes or so, can I ask you something?” Yuchun asked with his voice sounding curious.

 

I opened my eyes and saw his concerned-looking face. “What is it?” I simply replied.

 

Yuchun glanced away and then at me again, speaking softly as he held my hand, giving it light squeezes, “You already know how I feel about you. I’ve never heard yours, aside from the fact that your first love’s Yunjae. I want to know what you’re feeling right now.”

 

“I’m not really feeling anything right now aside from stress and being tired. Sorry, but I’m not really in the mood to talk about matters like these. I’m sorry.” I responded quite seriously while staring away from him. I could tell that Yuchun was downhearted from what he just heard from me. I had to because I really didn’t want to lead him on if I don’t feel anything special for him. I didn’t want to hurt him.

 

“Ah, I should be the one saying sorry since I’m rushing you or anything, I really am sorry.” Yuchun said apologetically, bowing his head slightly as he clasped his hands together.

 

“Yuchun-ah.” I uttered.

 

He looked at me with his usual smile, responding, “Yeah?”

 

I spoke in a soft manner, looking back at him with a half-smile, “I just really wanted to thank you for being there for me.”

 

“No one’s friendless by the way, but I’ll choose you over any friend any day, Junhee.” Yuchun said with a wink, sounding like he wanted to impress him by being a cute kid.

 

“Hmm really? No joke?”

 

“Of course… I’d still want to be friends with you even if you don’t feel the same way I do for you.”

 

Yuchun’s eyes were arm as they were looking at mine. He really is honest about his feelings about me. This made me feel like I’m such a bad guy for not returning his feelings. I was thinking that a spark might start over time, but it seems that I could only look at him as friend, a brother. I wonder if this is how Yunjae felt when he knew about me. But the only difference is that mine was from the past and this is the present.

 

“Junhee-ah, you’re spacing out again.” Yuchun spoke, snapping his fingers in front of me, making me blink repeatedly as I stared at him again with a vacant expression on my face.

 

I sighed, half-smiling at my friend as I rubbed the back of my neck, “Oh, yeah… sorry.”

 

Our heads turned to the direction of the door as we heard a knock before it swung open. It was the female doctor rushing in. “Annyeong, sorry to disturb you two but I need to borrow Yuchun for the emergency meeting. I think the director’s pissed about something. Don’t worry though, we’re not the ones at fault.” Juyeon noona explained to us in a quick manner, panting as she did.

 

“Not again… Well, later then.” Yuchun groaned as he stood up and waved at me before exiting the room.

 

“Later.” I responded and then giving Juyeon noona a nod as I noticed her smiling sweetly at me before closing the door behind her.

 

Sitting alone in the room in the afternoon, I decided to just take a power nap, but before I could lie down onto the couch, my phone rang. I picked it up without first knowing who was calling.

 

“Yoboseyo?”

 

“Junhee-ah.”

 

Hearing that familiar and unusual sad tone of voice, I responded with concern as I sat up straight from hearing her, “Siwon, are you all right? Were you crying before you called me?”

 

“I’m okay, but Taewoong oppa… He said that he’ll be the one to tell Yunjae about me and him this afternoon. I’m just scared of how things will go and how things will be after their talk… I don’t want to ruin their relationship as siblings.” She explained slowly with a voice like a sad whisper.

 

“I see… Siwon, you’re not ruining their relationship. This is how life is, we’ll just have to wait for the result but sooner or later, you have to tell Yunjae personally.” I told her calmly.

 

She replied with the same tone through the phone, “I know, I will really tell him after this, it’s just that oppa told me to let him handle it first since he wants his brother to understand. Yunjae’s been really special to me but as most people said, ‘first loves don’t last’ but he will always be that brother-like bastard in my heart.”

 

“Well, most people see it that way and I’m glad that you’ve realized your own feelings. You’re maturing quite well, Siwon.” I smiled to myself as I said that to her cheerfully.

 

When she spoke to me back, it feels like she was smiling from where she was, “Ya, I’ve changed a lot since the 90s… but I do thank you for always believing in me and staying beside me when I needed you, Junhee.”

 

I said to her, “You always had it in you. You just needed a little push and you’re all set to go.”

 

“I guess… Junhee, can I ask you something?”

 

“What is it?”

 

Siwon spoke with an unsure tone of voice, “Have you figured your own heart yet? Has Yuchun made any moves on your or is there still some left for Yunjae?”

 

“To be honest, I think I’m on my way to figuring it out… Yuchun’s a good friend and all, but I just can’t feel the same way about him.” I answered with a sigh.

 

“What about Yunjae? I really want to hear your honest feeling about him, I won’t through a tantrum so don’t worry, and besides, you liked him in the first place.” She chuckled.

 

I lightly chuckled back, telling her, “As it was before… I don’t think it left me, the feelings. No matter how hard I try to push it away, somehow, this wheel of fate seems to drag me back to the jerk. Maybe it’s just karma.”

 

“I think you’re jinxed. You’re too nice for the bastard, but who could question fate, right?”

 

“Yeah… but Siwon.”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Nothing, it’s nothing…” I shrugged as I stood up from the couch.

 

“Eh, tell me… what is it?” She demanded in annoyance.

 

I lightly laughed, “It’s nothing, really. I need to go, I think the director wants to speak to me.”

 

“Aissh, you sneaky guy… Fine, talk to you soon. Bye~”

 

“Bye.” I replied and then hung up.

 

Exiting the room, my mind was still in this deep thought about how will things go after the two brothers talk it out. I know Yunjae, if he accepts the reality that Siwon chose his brother over him, he’ll be all right, but of course he’d be like a sloth for a few weeks. If he won’t accept it, then he’d do things to win Siwon back, but knowing that he puts his brother before anything else, he might do some unexpected stuff.

 

What I know is that Yunjae will still be Yunjae. I’m fine with just staying by his side, I’d support him if he’s found someone new over time, but I just hope that he’d do chores once in a while.

 

==============================  

 

( T u T ) Hey~~~

Well, I hope you liked this update OTL I’m so sorry if took long… School, Y U MAKE ME STAY AWAY FROM SPAZZING?! *ahem* anyways, please wait for the next chapter~ <3