Dazed And Confused Friendship

A Different Reply [Yunjae/Junhee fanfic]

( TT 3 TT ) …

Decided to update this one first before my L 2-shot. Still tryin’ to squeeze time to update here since I’m pretty much busy with life, mostly school stuff. Been leading an acoustic group + the school works… UGH so tiring~ >___<

Anyways, here’s Yunjae’s POV at last and this chapter’s on the next day after his drink with Junhee. 1st timeskip is later that night where the people gather.

Enjoy.

 

==============================

 

12. Dazed And Confused Friendship

 

Getting irritated by the blinding ray of sunshine, I sat up with my eyes still closed and opened them after stretching my arms upward. First thing that popped up in my mind was this annoying headache. Guess I’m not really used to drinking vodka. Soju’s still the best.

 

I glanced at my bedside table and saw a tall glass of water and a painkiller. Ah yes, bits of memories from last night appeared in my head, from letting Junhee into my apartment to this image of the bedroom floor as I was being carried off to by my friend. I think that was about it from what I can remember. Maybe I can recall more after the pain in my head subsides.

 

I took the painkiller and drank the water. I saw the time and groaned, seeing that I overslept until noon. Guess it’s a day off for me today. Reaching for my phone in my pocket to text my secretary that I can’t come today due to a migraine, I felt it vibrate inside. Staring at the phone’s screen, I received a text message.

 

“Sorry I took so long to tell you, I have a lot of stuff going on at the hospital right now. Anyways, I told your secretary that you can’t come today because you have a migraine. Based from what I saw earlier this morning, I knew that you’d wake up late. Rest well and I’ll come by if I have time.”

 

I placed my phone onto the table, knowing that my friend knew me well. I always made up excuses like having a migraine or diarrhea or something like that whenever I avoided meeting Siwon before and when I felt like ditching someone. It was always Junhee who covered up for me.

 

Hearing my phone vibrate again, I checked it out.

 

“Yunjae. I’ll come there this evening, okay? No need to prepare dinner since I’ll leave right after to the studio. See ya.”

 

“Okay. I’ll see you.” I texted Siwon back.

 

In the back of my mind, I could somehow feel and know what she will tell me, about how our relationship has been nowadays or maybe something. Recollecting another scene from last night, Junhee was talking to someone and I could tell it was Siwon from their conversation and something must have been up. Junhee didn’t want to tell me but promised that he will today if he can come by. I guess I’m sort of prepared for those two later.

 

~~~

 

I just finished dinner, instant ramyeon and a can of cola. No drinking for me tonight to avoid any outburst when talking to Siwon or Junhee. My phone vibrated in my pocket and I pulled it out to see the message.

 

“I’m sorry, Yunjae. I can’t come tonight, my boss unnie got drunk out of anger and we need to finish something for the day after tomorrow. I’ll come by when I have the time, okay?”

 

Sighing heavily as I placed my phone back to my pocket, I stood up and went to the sink with the dirty dishes to wash them. I wonder if fate’s interfering with our confrontation. I’m itching to know the reasons behind the people I’m with and also behind me. I never thought about same- relationships, let alone me having one. I’m not narrow-minded, I just didn’t put a lot of thought on things like this but I would never do anything to discriminate someone for his or hr preference. I wanted to apologize to Junhee when he comes by. Apologize on that time when he told me. I don’t mind if it was quite a long time ago, but I just really want to do it. I need to do it.

 

Disturbing my deep train of thought, the door bell rang. I almost dropped the glass in my hands, being in this state of being dazed. I placed the clean wares into their places and briskly walked to the door. I opened it quickly and found Junhee facing the opposite side and turned around to face me after hearing the door open.

 

“Good evening. Sorry if I came late. Hospital’s been busy with the small pox thing.” Junhee told me, half-smilingas he rubbed the back of his head.

 

“Ah, it’s all right. Come in.” I insisted, getting out of the way so that he can come in. He entered and closed the door behind him and followed me to the living room, where he sat down on the couch, still in his white attire from the hospital and placing his bag on the floor.

 

I sat down beside him, asking him casually as I was looking somewhere else, “What something to drink?”

 

“No thank you, I’m good.” Junhee simply replied, shaking his head a bit as he was also looking away.

 

“Thanks for taking care of me last night plus covering for me at work.” I sighed out, leaning against the couch with my back and my hands holding each other. “By the way, did you stay last night?” I added as I looked at him as he was also about to meet my gaze.

 

He nodded, answering my question calmly as he crossed his arms in front of him, “I did but I left at about 5am since I was supposed to go to the hospital at 6:15am. Don’t worry, I slept here on the couch like how I usually do when napping when I still living in here, just in case you were wondering.”

 

I spoke right after in a slightly scolding manner, “You should’ve gone home right after I passed out. I can handle myself and I’m sure that you didn’t get much rest.”

 

“I couldn’t go home after seeing you act the way you did last night. Besides, Yuchun comes home really late nowadays that we rarely see each other back at the apartment.” Junhee responded with his eyes now on the floor.

 

When he mentioned about acting like I did, I suddenly remembered that he was supposed to tell me something about that now. “Ya, you told me that you’re gonna tell me about what you and Siwon talked over the phone last night. So, spit it out.” I commanded in an eager manner. As much as I already knew that it was concerned about our relationship, but I still wanted to hear it from Junhee.

 

Junhee looked a bit weary and said with his eyes still on the floor, sounding a bit sorry, “I can’t. Siwon texted me when I was on my way here and said that she’s going to tell her herself when she meets up with you. I hope you understand.”

 

“That girl, even if she doesn’t say it, I know that she really wants to tell me that we’re over.” I groaned, scratching my head and then resting the back of my hand on my forehead while my other hand rested on the arm rest of the couch. I sounded a bit like my usual self when I’m annoyed, but serious nonetheless.

 

“Yunjae, don’t just assume things. Siwon’s been going through a rough time and I know that you’ll understand because it took her a long time to realize her feelings for you before. I know that she’s quite a late bloomer when it comes to maturing, but I’m sure she’ll figure it out all by herself.” Junhee said and looked at me in a gentle manner, defending his dear friend, understanding her like old times. Junhee always had this knack of knowing how other peoples’ hearts work but stated that he doesn’t know how to figure out his despite knowing how others are.

 

I sighed heavily as I met his gaze after hearing his words, “I know, but still…All right, I understand.”

 

“Thank you for understanding, Yunjae.” Junhee said with an encouraging smile and tone of voice.

 

I shook my head and asked him, trying to see if I forgot anything about last night’s events, “It’s nothing and Junhee, did anything else happen last night? I felt like something’s missing even though I know that I didn’t forget anything else.”

 

He quickly replied, shaking his head as well, holding out a stern expression, “No, nothing at all. You drank, got angry, and passed out. The end.”

 

“Hmm I see. Anyways, how’s Yuchun doing? Has he made any more moves on you?” I said, placing my hands behind my head as I waited for his answer.

 

“Nope.” Junhee answered casually.

 

“Really?” I questioned in disbelief, knowing that Yuchun’s the kind of guy who’d flirt and possibly make moves to impress others, well Junhee.

 

He gave a light chuckle, speaking, “Since I already said that we rarely meet at the apartment, doesn’t that justify my answer?”

 

“I guess.”

 

“Ya, don’t you believe me?”

 

I raised my eyebrow at him, speaking with a slight smirk, “I didn’t say that I don’t believe you.”

 

“Aissh, based from your way of answering, I know that you don’t believe me the slightest bit.” Junhee said, rolling his eyes a bit as he was still looking at me.

 

I smirked at him, placing my arm around his neck and saying to him with light laugh, with our foreheads almost touching each other, “Aigoo, this guy. Look at my eyes, am I lying or not?”

 

He stared into my eyes. I could tell that he seemed a bit uneasy, so I slid my arm off when he started to speak, “Pabo. Sometimes I wonder why we’re even friends.”

 

I checked my watch and said to him, “Oh, it’s 8pm already. Aren’t you gonna go to the hospital early tomorrow?”

 

“Yunjae, are you changing the subject or what?” Junhee said with a slight pout.

 

“Well, we do have work tomorrow and I don’t want to get late after not going to work earlier today.”

 

“Fair enough.”

 

We both stood up in unison and as we slowly walked to the door, I called out to him and said as his hand was already holding the door knob, sounding a bit curious as I really felt like I’m missing something, “Junhee, are you absolutely sure that nothing special happened last night?”

 

“Not that I know of.” Junhee answered as he was facing the door, turning his head to face me as he added, looking curious as well, “Why? Do you feel like something special did happen?”

 

“N’ah, I guess it’s nothing.” I sighed out, placing my hands into my pockets.

 

Junhee said with a soft smile, opening the door, “Well, see you around.”

 

“Take care.” I simply told him, waving my hand a bit.

 

He gave me one last smile and then closed the door behind him, leaving me all alone once again. I folded my arms together as I was walking to the living room and before I could recollect some bits of my conversation with Junhee as well as last night’s events, my cellphone vibrated in my pocket, feeling the vibration on my thigh. I pulled it out and saw the text message.

 

“Yunjae, can we have coffee tomorrow at the usual coffee shop at around 2pm? I’d like to talk to you.”

 

“All right. I’ll be there.” I said and sent the text reply to my brother.

 

====================

 

^u^ Yay~

I know it’s not much, but I couldn’t find much time to think and write due to school-related + life-related issues. I hope you all understand. <3

I'll update my 2-shot first and then this, okay~? ^^;

Hope this is okay and thanks again for reading~