More Than Just A Friend

A Different Reply [Yunjae/Junhee fanfic]

( o v o )//

Wassup… It’s been quite a long time and once again I apologize. I am trying to squeeze in time to write updates but I did suffer some writer’s blocks which made it harder for me to update faster. L Sorry~

Anyways, here’s one of the last chapters with Junhee’s POV and Iupdated a bit later too because I’m trying to make these few chapters a bit longer (I hope they are). Timeskipped forward to the party btw~

I hope you like this one~!

 

=============================

 

19. More Than Just A Friend

 

“Omo, Junhee-ah~ It’s been a while!” Greeted my short-haired friend as she opened the door after knocking three times.

 

“It has been a while. Great to see you again, Yoojung.” I told her as she almost jumped in my arms, hugging me tightly. I hugged her back and after parting, I closed the door behind me and she pulled me along with her.

 

She announced as we entered the living room where everyone was gathered, raising my hand along with hers, “Ya, Junhee’s here, guys. The gang’s complete!”

 

“Daebak! Scootch over here with us and drink, Junhee!” Sungjae chuckled, waving his hand at me with the bottle of soju in his hand.

 

Hakchan beside him added with a grin, calling me over as well, “Yeah, it’s not everyday we get to this, you know.”

 

“I know. Move over.” I told them smiling, walking over and sitting beside Hakchan. “Where’s Siwon and hyung?” I asked Hakchan as he handed me a bottle, noticing that Siwon nor Taewoong hyung isn’t around. I also noticed that Yunjae isn’t around as well, considering that this is his apartment.

 

“Oh, she’s on her way from the studio. Hyung picked her up a while ago. That girl’s been pretty busy, but I’m glad she managed to squeeze this night for us.” Hakchan replied.

 

I nodded, sighing after I drank some, “True and I’m glad you guys managed to come too.”

 

Sungjae widely grinned, placing his arm over Hakchan while he talked, already his drunken state, “Anything for the gang… So, Junhee, got a girlfriend that we should know about? Are you seeing someone?”

 

Before I could reply, Yoojung interrupted us with her long sigh, almost as if she sighed in relief, “Aigoo, finally… You’ve been in the bathroom for almost an hour Yunjae.” She stood up with an irritated look on her face, facing Yunjae’s direction as he entered the living room with a calm look on his face.

 

“Ah, mianhe… The pipes aren’t working well these days, so I had to check out some stuff before you guys use it.” He responsed to our female companion, who nodded at him and then skipped her way to the bathroom nearby.

 

“Ya, drink with us or Junhee will empty out all of them.” Sungjae joked as Yunjae walked over to us and sat beside me.

 

Yunjae gave a quick glance and a nod at me before turning to Sungjae for a reply, smiling at him in response, “Yeah yeah sure, but I won’t drink much ‘til later. I want my stomach to have room for the food hyung will bring us.”

 

Hakchan nodded in agreement and pinched Sungjae’s cheek, telling him in a scold-like manner, “Hear that? Slow down, we still have to make a toast and eat.”

 

I held my laughter, looking down as I placed my bottle on the table before us as we were sitting on the floor like we usually do when we used to hang out at Siwon’s place back in high school. I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder, making me look up at Yunjae’s direction, “Hm?”

 

“How’s Yuchun?” He asked casually, looking at me.

 

“He’s all right, but he better take good care of himself or else he’ll get sick again.” I said with soft smile.

 

“That guy’s pretty stubborn, huh…”

 

“Like someone I know.”

 

Yunjae let out a small laugh, shaking his head and placed his hand onto my head, messily brushing my hair as he looked into my eyes while he smiled at me still, “Ya, when did I show any sign of stubbornness?”

 

To be honest, I felt like blushing after what he just did. Not that I’m assuming things, but it’s just unusual, especially when our friends are here. “Well, you’re stubborn whatever you do.” I simply replied with grin.

 

“Aissh, no wonder you guys are light drinkers. Go get a room before I start throwing up with your mushiness.” Sungjae groaned, chugging down on his third bottle.

 

“Ya, now wonder you have no girlfriend. You just base your feelings on a woman’s face, s and and boom, you’re in love.” Hakchan sighed, shaking his head as he took a sip of soju.

 

Sungjae just sighed, looking away from us, “Aissh…”

 

“Hakchan-ah, how are you and Yoojung?” I asked him curiously.

 

“We’re doing fine, but I don’t think she wants to get married yet… But I know she will eventually. She still wants to do a lot of stuff.” He replied to my question with a calm look on his face.

 

I uttered with a nod, “That’s good. She and Siwon do have some similarities, especially if it concerns boybands.”

 

“Aigoo, yep… Siwon still sticks with H.O.T. but Yoojung nowadays is going from different new groups like DBSK and SHINHWA,” Hakchan dejectedly spoke, shaking his head.

 

We all shifted our attention to the living room’s entrance after hearing the front fdoor open and shut close. Foot steps got closer, and Siwon and Taewoong hyung arrived with some boxes of food in their hands.

 

“Hm? Where’s Yoojung?” Siwon said looking around.

 

“Of course I’m here, pabo~”

 

Siwon turned around and with excitement, handed the two boxes to Sungjae who was the nearest to her, and ran to her best friend for a tight hug.

 

“Ya, I missed you so much!” Siwon cried like how she did when the two went to concerts and stuff.

 

“I missed you too! I never thought that I’d cry like this again.” Yoojung sniffled as the two remained standing and crying with each other.

 

Taewoong went over to us and placed the two boxes in his hands to the table along with the other two and the bottles of alcohol. “Those two, it’s really nice seeing friends reunite after a long time.” He sighed with a smile, glancing at the two and then at the four of us.

 

“Yeah, noisy but it’s a pretty picture.” Yunjae said as he met his brother’s eyes, smirking a bit.

 

“Junhee-ah, Yuchun didn’t come with you?” Taewoong asked me after smiling at his younger brother.

 

Siwon quickly interrupted, outspoken as always as she sat down beside hyung with Yoojung beside her, “Oppa, I told you that Yuchun’s busy and besides, he just got better so he shouldn’t strain himself for now, right, Junhee?”

 

“Ah, yep.” I simply uttered.

 

“Ya, what are we waiting for? Let’s dig in so that Hakchan here will stop scolding me for drinking too much!” Sungjae said in a manner as loud as Siwon would, happily opening the boxes filled with food such as fried chicken, dimsum, and more.

 

The feast went on for a long time, drinking and catching up with lives of each other. Sungjae would constantly go to the bathroom with Hakchan accompanying him because they had this drinking game and since Sungjae was already drinking before we even started, he lost and needs to hurl every 20 minutes or so. Siwon and Yoojung would chat over boybands, their differences from the boybands they loved such as H.O.T. compared with newer groups like DBSK. Taewoong hyung and Yunjae would ask how well they are doing with work and if they have been visiting Siwon’s parents. I would sit beside Yunjae, smiling as I watch my friends interact with each other.

 

Finally finishing my first bottle, Yoojung crawled to my side and whispered to my ear, making me look at her with curiosity when she backed away, “Junhee, Siwon told me about you.”

 

Siwon followed, resting her arms around Yoojung’s shoulders as she lowered down her voice at me with pouting lips, “I hope you’re not angry, I just wanted to explain some things to her… Sorry~”

 

I simply shook my head and smiled at my two friends, answering in a soft manner as I placed the empty bottle on top of the table and it was a good thing that Yunjae was sitting with his hyung on the couch across from where we were and they were quite engrossed with their conversation as well, “It’s all right, no harm done. Just as long as he or any of the guys here won’t know for now, okay?”

 

“Of course, you have our word~” Siwon said quietly, making a cross sign onto her chest.

 

“But if you do decide to confess or anything, we’ll be there for you and help the other guys understand. You know, it’s just some people aren’t receiving different concepts of love.” Yoojung muttered with a soft sigh.

 

“Thank you, but don’t worry over this too much. I will handle this myself somehow. Thank you.” I told my two friends in a low tone as well. I slowly stood up and said to them before walking away, “Since the bathroom here’s occupied by these two, I’ll just use the one upstairs.”

 

“Sure, take your time.” Siwon said.

 

I went upstairs and went inside the athroom which was located next to Yunjae’s room. I didn’t throw up or anything. I just stood in front of the mirror, trying to figure out some things. Should I tell him now? Is this the right time? What if I just end up embarrassing myself in front of him?

 

A lot of questions started to flood my mind, so I turned the faucet on and I started to splash water onto my face. I looked at my wet face in front of the mirror once again and sighed heavily, forgetting that I didn’t have anything to use to wipe my face with since I left my face towel inside my bag downstairs.Opening the door, my heart almost jumped seeing him stand by the door with a vacant expression on his face as he was leaning his back against the wall.

 

“Sorry, go ahead, I’m done.” I said to him as my face still dripped wet.

 

Yunjae walked in front of me, telling me, “Ya, do you want to catch a cold?”

 

“Oh, I forgot my face towel so – “

 

“Come with me.”

 

He grabbed my hand and started to pull me along with him into his room, releasing my hand gently as he went over to his closet. “Sit over there for a moment.” He said sounding abit demanding yet with concern.

 

Since I really had nothing to say, I sat down onto his bed and waited.

 

He turned around to face me after, with a red face towel in his hand. Sitting down beside me, he gently placed his hand onto my head and made me face him. “Hold still.” He ordered, wiping my face slowly with the face towel.

 

I couldn’t really take it. Seeing him do this to me and seeing his eyes, I just had to speak up.

 

“Why are you doing this?” I asked in disbelief with my eyes averting from his gaze.

 

“What do you mean?” Yunjae responded with curious tone of voice, resuming with drying my face.

 

I loosely grabbed onto his wrist, stopping him from wiping my face any further and I also felt light weight on top of my head disappear as his hand now rests on the edge bed. I let go off him and kept my gaze planted onto the floor, speaking quite softly as I really felt my chest tightened a bit, “Yunjae… Friendships should be treasured, right?”

 

He answered with a heavy sigh, with me feeling that his eyes were still looking at me, “Of course, but we should also be open to new possibilities that would bring people even closer.”

 

“But won’t these new possibilities complicate the friendship between two people?”

 

“To be honest, I think that they’ll be more open with each other and with that friendship, they can stem out this special feeling from being just friends.”

 

I slowly looked up at him with my heart beating faster. I didn’t know what to say next as I held a poker face, clasping my hands together as I couldn’t believe what’s happening right now, seeing him with a poker face as well, but I could tell that he’s also mustering up the courage to add something more.

 

“I-I don’t think we should rush things… Maybe emotions are getting – “

 

He quickly shut me up with his hand over my mouth, intensely looking into my eyes, “Junhee, I’ve thought about this a ton of times and now I’m sure. I’m in love with you, Junhee.”

 

===================================

 

\\( = v = )

All right, I know, I have to finish this soon before I continue with my other short fic. I hope I’m doing all right, though~ ( >___ < ) Thank you for being patient with me, guise and I hope you like this. Please wait for the few chapters to come and do leave comments, votes, and such… <3

Thank you~!