Believe

Alone
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 8: Believe

 

"I can expl-"

"Then start." I leaned back on the couch with a straight face. What was he hiding from me? Barom walked closer and stayed standing.

"Bora and I used to date. It was a bad break up about two months ago... But believe me, I'm over her. She means nothing to me anymore."

"Then explain the picture."

"I forgot to change it."

"After two months? That's a pretty long time to forget something like this. Don't you use your phone everyday?" I scoffed. Even if this was my first relationship in a while. I was surely not this stupid. 

"I can assure you, Jihyun. That picture means absolutely nothing. I'm over her. She's not in my heart anymore. I'm slowly putting completely you.. Please understand."

"We'll see." I picked up my bag and left. I didn't want to be there anymore. I was suffocating with all of this new information. 

 

I tossed and turned in bed unable to sleep. What was going on with me? My heart was frustrated on the thought that maybe Barom isn't over her. It's only been two weeks, and I've geniunely started to like Barom. I think I'm moving too fast. I don't want to get so attached that in the end there's nothing left of me. No. I didn't want that at all. With that last thought, I finally conquered sleep. 

 

Morning came, and I was walking to my university. Today my hair was up in a high ponytail. I was dressed in a plain pink shirt with black skinnys. I woke up late, which means I didn't grab anything for breakfast or I'd be late. 

"Jihyunnnieeeee!" 

Jaejin, always so loud in the morning. I slowed down my pace so he could catch up. 

"You're late today? This is weird. Rough night? Don't tell me your still dating Barom!" Jaejin blabbered. I forgot to mention that I did tell Jaejin that I was dating Barom, which he clearly disapproved of. 

"Humans aren't always perfect, Jaejin. And somewhat." 

"I'm telling you. He's a bad person. I don't trust him. Haven't I always been right with all of your boy problems?"

"I've been single for years now. So what problems are you speaking of?" 

Jaejin was silent after that. We reached class and entered without saying anything. 

 

Class finally ended and I was packing up my bag. 

"What are you doing today?" I heard Jaejin say tonelessly. 

"Work. Why?" 

"Nevermind then." Jaejin then shuffled out of class. I rolled my eyes and quickly walked to hook on to his arm.

"I'm not sure why you're mad but forgive me." I said with a slight chuckle in my voice.

"I can never stay mad at my Jihyunnie."

"

Please log in to read the full chapter